You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PERSONAL MESSAGES?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat

Is it possible to send a PM to someone who is NOT on your friends list? cos every time ive tried it it says you 1st of all HAVE to go on their friends list.I ask because EXCEPT for a PM by a SKY MOD or SKY RICH,1 person on the site seems to be able to do THIS.ANYONE KNOW? dav

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to PERSONAL MESSAGES?:
    Is it possible to send a PM to someone who is NOT on your friends list? cos every time ive tried it it says you 1st of all HAVE to go on their friends list.I ask because EXCEPT for a PM by a SKY MOD or SKY RICH,1 person on the site seems to be able to do THIS.ANYONE KNOW? dav
    Posted by dav1964
    I have no idea, i dont even know how to have friends list :(
  • edited July 2010
    It is certainly possible to send PMs to people not on your friend's list.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PERSONAL MESSAGES?:
    In Response to PERSONAL MESSAGES? : I have no idea, i dont even know how to have friends list :(
    Posted by H2TheBA
    Hi

Click on "My Profile" at the top of the page, on the left of th next screen it will say friends and if anyone wants to join your friends list there will be a name with a green tick or red cross the tick to accept, or the cross to not, ok?
  • edited July 2010
    It is certainly possible to send PMs to people not on your friend's list.
    Posted by MereNovice
    TYVM how?
  • edited July 2010
    The search feature when you enter a name in the "Find Someone:" box doesn't work particularly well.
    As described to me by Sky_Rich it uses what I would term a "fuzzy" search where it tries to match names on the basis of things like "sounds like" etc. Unfortunately, this wasn't combined with an exact match search which is a bit of an oversight.
    Sadly, even Sky_Rich doesn't turn up when you enter his name!

To circumvent this, the easiest method is to search for a post by someone and use the "Contact XXX" link at the bottom of the post.
  • edited July 2010
    An example of how the "fuzzy" search works is that if you enter "J-Hartigan" you do not find him. However, if you enter "Hartigan" you will.
    So, if you like puzzles, you can keep entering things that approximate to the name that you want until you hit upon the magic answer!
  • edited July 2010
    I've sent PMs to loads of people not on my friends list, so yes :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PERSONAL MESSAGES? : Hi Click on "My Profile" at the top of the page, on the left of th next screen it will say friends and if anyone wants to join your friends list there will be a name with a green tick or red cross the tick to accept, or the cross to not, ok?
    Posted by acebarry10

Nice one Barry ty, I now have a friend wohoo :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PERSONAL MESSAGES? : Nice one Barry ty, I now have a friend wohoo :)
    Posted by H2TheBA
    You are welcome :)
  • edited July 2010
    An example of how the "fuzzy" search works is that if you enter "J-Hartigan" you do not find him. However, if you enter "Hartigan" you will. So, if you like puzzles, you can keep entering things that approximate to the name that you want until you hit upon the magic answer!
    Posted by MereNovice
    TY mere a great help once again,and a special message for emilyegg.......CHEERS ya C*** ;O)
  • edited July 2010
    wish people would stop sending me PMs
  • edited July 2010

A pm for Mr Miyagi! :)