You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fav pro player and why?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Mike Madasow.Just like me plays tight and good for so long then blows up.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Had enough of arguing about Dohhhh, so let's try a constructive thread.

I've got to go with Hansen I think. He makes crazy moves but also has the maths to know where he is. And he's highly entertaining to watch. His book's also a very good read although I'd maybe stay away from the tables for a bit after reading it. Seems a good guy too.

Negreanu comes a close second. He has an uncanny ability to know where he is and always comes across as a real gentleman. Except for that time he pushed the interviewer into the pool (see youtube, the interviewer was being a bit of a clown).

When I first started watching Lederer and Feguson struck me as the masters of the game.

Best entertainment value though, it has to be said, goes to the aggro guys. Hell Mouth is Youtube heaven. Tony G and Devilfish are always worth a watch too.

My caveat here is that I've seen very little of Ivey for whatever reason. I've heard he can play a bit.

Orford's obviously the greatest but that would be a bit biased considering the site.

Yours?
  • edited July 2010
    I like that really fat one
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Fav pro player and why?:
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    You're not allowed voting for Orford. I already said that.
  • edited July 2010

That's easy Daniel Negreanu i watch him whenever he's on telly  online has an all round awesome game
  • edited July 2010

MUST BE PHIL HELMUTH LOL ,

JUST UTUBE HIS RANTS .

PMSL !

• edited July 2010
    I like Scotty Nguyen, i think Tony 'G' is a co ck, and the most annoying but i like him is the irritating Humberto Brenes with his stupid shark card protector.
  • edited July 2010

For banter at the table i love watching phil laak and antonio esfandiari or however you spell it lol 

For interesting/exciting play got to be dwan and ivey 
  • edited July 2010
       For banter at the table i love watching phil laak and antonio esfandiari or however you spell it lol   For interesting/exciting play got to be dwan and ivey 
    Posted by robc
    Ha ha, Phil Ivey is about as 'interesting' as Steve 'interesting' Davis lool, but agree that Dwan is good to watch!
  • edited July 2010
    i like watching Negreanu for his all round play, Dwan for his nuttiness, and Vicky Coren just coz i have a 'thing' for her!!
  • edited July 2010
    Patrik Antonius. Just because he takes long enough to make his bets that I can multitable online and still watch him without missing anything.

Favourite player I have ever interviewed though was either Neil Channing or Phil Laak. Channing is a god and Laak offered me to come over and play on his Xbox 360. I went, Jennifer Tilly introduced herself to me (as if she needed to!) and THEN offered to make me a cup of tea.

Tangent: if you could interview any one player, which one would it be? I always wanted to hang out with Sammy Farha - the guy is just full of gamble. I bet he flips $5,000 on which side of bed he gets out of...
  • edited July 2010

wow, way too many players that you could mention.....Neil Channing, Daniel Negreanu and Gus Hansen are different class though.

Vicky Coren gets a special mention too..........

• edited July 2010

Phil Hellmuth for me, maybe he's not the best player these days, but he's not far off and his record speaks for itself. Hellmuth is very entertaining, livens up any TV table, you're just waiting for him to explode, the John McEnroe of poker.

• edited July 2010
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Agreed i like that fat c*** as well ;o)
  • edited July 2010

Is DOHHHHHHH a pro player???....sorry :(

It has to be Negreanu for me mainly because of his play but also his attitude towards the game and other players........ and his tweets are not bad either :))
  • edited July 2010

Phil Laak & Antonio Esfandiari obviously!!!

x

• edited July 2010
     I like Jennifer Tilly you need big hands :) to take her on!
  • edited July 2010
    Negraneu (spelling) and Esfanfari (spelling again)

Reason being is their just the banter of the table. I hate having a quiet game it kills me. lol.

To interview sky dave. Id take the above to again.
  • edited July 2010
    wow, way too many players that you could mention.....Neil Channing, Daniel Negreanu and Gus Hansen are different class though. Vicky Coren gets a special mention too..........
    Posted by emilyegg

I've played poker with Vicky in a big live tournament in Coventry...she's interesting to play with to say the least!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Fav pro player and why? : I've played poker with Vicky in a big live tournament in Coventry...she's interesting to play with to say the least!!
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I played Chris Ferguson's caracter on an xbox game does that count for playing a pro? lol
  • edited July 2010
    Phil Hellmuth

Why?

I don't know either, but he was the first pro player that caught my attention when i first got into poker.  Maybe it's because he is so ridiculous. But his record is amazing, and his mtt playing style, although outdated now, is, and will always be successful.
  • edited July 2010
    Its got to be TIKAY.
  • edited July 2010

I love watching Durr playing, always entertaining...pulls off some sick moves.

But my Favs are him and patrick antonius.
  • edited July 2010
    Daniel Negreanu - just awesome
    John Tabatabai  - exciting player and even If he's having an off day, still worth watching coz he's gorgeous
  • edited July 2010
    I forgot about Dwan.

He's another maniac who seems to know exactly what he's doing.

And when he does that loony eye-brow lift with the eyeballs rolling back in his head? Beware.

$6M down one month Durrrr, apparently.

Hey-ho. Win some, lose some.

80/1, on SkyBet, to reach the final table of this years WSOP main event. Got to be tempting.

Apparently he's got some huge sidebets on that he'll do just that.

80/1? Sounds good.