You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............

Comments

• edited July 2010

THE   WINNING   WAY

Ok guys/gals here's my idea but i will need your help  :

On my ask IRISHROVER thread in the clinic,

i want one either high/mid or low stakes player to post up their winning

way on this thread .

i will limit it to one a week, copy it and paste it up in open page of

said above irishrover thread .

so each week the old post will be put on archive in this thread and

a new one posted up .

so put the names forward that you would like to hear from !

I will then ask in private the nominated players,

would they be interested in doing above .

• edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    lol_raise

scotty77

cowgomooooooooooooooooo

beaneh

browndog

AJS

offshoot

I could also mention another 20 odd, who i would be interested in hearing from!

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............:
    Ozzie08
    Posted by POKERTREV
    +1

Also from a higher lvl, i would say Offshoot.
  • edited July 2010
    How do we know if they are 'winning players'
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............:
    How do we know if they are 'winning players'
    Posted by loonytoons
    we will just have to show trust  !
  • edited July 2010
    how about.....YOU
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    how about..... YOU
    Posted by lozgo
    Ty lozgo ,

but i am kinda doing this in a drip feed way at present on that thread,

by answering the questions that are coming in .

but once again ty .

Denis

• edited July 2010
    35 suited

tell me the truth
  • edited July 2010
    lol_raise scotty77 cowgomooooooooooooooooo beaneh browndog AJS offshoot I could also mention another 20 odd, who i would be interested in hearing from!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    lol thanks mate i feel a bit out of place in that list tho....

tbh i hear beanehs ramblings all the time they're not very good tbf :p
  • edited July 2010
    DOHHHHHHH............doh!!
  • edited July 2010
    Richard Orford.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............ : lol thanks mate i feel a bit out of place in that list tho.... tbh i hear beanehs ramblings all the time they're not very good tbf :p
    Posted by scotty77

:WAVE:

I don't really get what this thread is about, if people posted more decent hands to discuss in the clinic and were prepared to be wrong and be corrected without being offended then that area would be alot more useful.

As an aside I WISH I was a winning player :LOL:
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............ : :WAVE: I don't really get what this thread is about, if people posted more decent hands to discuss in the clinic and were prepared to be wrong and be corrected without being offended then that area would be alot more useful. As an aside I WISH I was a winning player :LOL:
    Posted by beaneh
    ok soz for the confusion beaneh please let me explain what this is about  ,

This is just another way for guys/gals who wish to improve on their game .

we are all creatures of habit in poker some good habits some bad .

with winning players posting their overall game  .

example :

what they do on a bad run ?

Their bankroll management habits .

what note habits these use .

Table selection or not and how they choose their tables  .

cash / mtt or s&g player ?

which do they find most profitable ?

so on and so on !

Now note when players are selected  ,

that is  the most popular asked by forum users first .

as  said i will be asking them privately if they are interested ?

IF so i will ask if at all possible to elaborate on above questions and more .

It will be a form of a template , but they may only reveal what suits them or

more if they wish .

All this is to help players that visit the clinic !

If you have anymore question on above beaneh i will do my best to help !

Denis

• edited July 2010
    what about us non profitable players? .... racists!
  • edited July 2010
    what about us non profitable players? .... racists!
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    lol !
  • edited July 2010

THE WINNING WAY WISH LIST SO FAR :

COWGOMOO

OZZIE08

lol_raise

BROWNDOG

AJS

OOFSHOOT

PENGUIN7 [ ON HIS RETURN FROM VEGAS ]

DOHHHHHHH

RICHARD ORFORD ?

NOW GUYS/GALS ANYONE ELSE,

YOU MAY
    wish TO HEAR A WINNING WAY POST FROM !

• edited July 2010
    Lmao pls take my name of the list, i have to redeposit every other day in no way am i a winning player
  • edited July 2010

Lmao pls take my name of the list, i have to redeposit every other day in no way am i a winning player
    Posted by 35suited
    ok sorted m8y !
  • edited July 2010
    if not you then how about someone like Glitterbabe?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............ : ok soz for the confusion beaneh please let me explain what this is about  , This is just another way for guys/gals who wish to improve on their game . we are all creatures of habit in poker some good habits some bad . with winning players posting their overall game  .

If you have anymore question on above beaneh i will do my best to help ! Denis
    Posted by IRISHROVER

There is no one size fits all 'overall game plan to winning', and winning players generally stay winning players by not educating those around them; especially not in some sort of spoon fed manner. Having said that you can actually get some good constructive criticism. It is just likely that many of the questions asked are too vague or too basic for an answer.

The best advice for new players is to think before they do anything, then think some more, and a little bit more and then quickly click the button before they run out of time. Posting hands discussing them, playing hands wrong, winning and losing are all important parts of learning to play and win at poker.

example : 
    what they do on a bad run ? 
    lose money, try not to tilt, lose more money, quit session. re-log on lose money tilt therefore quit. rinse repeat till you run good for 3 seconds again.

Their bankroll management habits 
    Not a question i'd expect anyone to really answer, it could especially put someone in a bad spot in games with regular players if they were to mention a low br or low confidence etc

what note habits these use .
    I write things like 'dont like this guy' 'bluffed me, get him back twice at least + show' 'cant fold, honestly I think it glitches and doesn't give him that option' 'plays flush draw like he's flopped a royal flush' etc

Table selection or not and how they choose their tables  
    Ones with free seats, ones with money on!

cash / mtt or s&g player ? 
    I can excel in playing badly at all forms of poker, most enjoy losing at cash though.

which do they find most profitable ? 
    whichever ones I play when i'm running good or someone else is playing like a numpty.

There ya go is that something like what you meant?! :-)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............ : There is no one size fits all 'overall game plan to winning', and winning players generally stay winning players by not educating those around them; especially not in some sort of spoon fed manner. Having said that you can actually get some good constructive criticism. It is just likely that many of the questions asked are too vague or too basic for an answer. The best advice for new players is to think before they do anything, then think some more, and a little bit more and then quickly click the button before they run out of time. Posting hands discussing them, playing hands wrong, winning and losing are all important parts of learning to play and win at poker.  example :  what they do on a bad run ?  lose money, try not to tilt, lose more money, quit session. re-log on lose money tilt therefore quit. rinse repeat till you run good for 3 seconds again. Their bankroll management habits  Not a question i'd expect anyone to really answer, it could especially put someone in a bad spot in games with regular players if they were to mention a low br or low confidence etc what note habits these use . I write things like 'dont like this guy' 'bluffed me, get him back twice at least + show' 'cant fold, honestly I think it glitches and doesn't give him that option' 'plays flush draw like he's flopped a royal flush' etc  Table selection or not and how they choose their tables   Ones with free seats, ones with money on! cash / mtt or s&g player ?  I can excel in playing badly at all forms of poker, most enjoy losing at cash though. which do they find most profitable ?  whichever ones I play when i'm running good or someone else is playing like a numpty. There ya go is that something like what you meant?! :-)
    Posted by beaneh

This is velly funny. lol

Whilst reading this I had just 3-bet for the first time in FT 750k GTD and got cold 4-bet - pre-ante's - with 66 - with no fold equity, for him to bink a nice low board full of beautiful 4's and 5's against my AK like a hero. This game is sooooooooooo fun.

Cheerio

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............ : There is no one size fits all 'overall game plan to winning', and winning players generally stay winning players by not educating those around them; especially not in some sort of spoon fed manner.

HENCE WHY I WISH TO DRAW IN AS MUCH WINNING PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE.

I AM A WINNING PLAYER AND HAVE NO PROBLEM IN EDUCATING  MY FELLOW COMMUNITY
    FORUM USERS ON HERE .

Having said that you can actually get some good constructive criticism. It is just likely that many of the questions asked are too vague or too basic for an answer. The best advice for new players is to think before they do anything, then think some more, and a little bit more and then quickly click the button before they run out of time. Posting hands discussing them, playing hands wrong, winning and losing are all important parts of learning to play and win at poker.

THIS IS BEEN COVERED BY OTHER VERY GOOD PLAYERS AT PRESENT IN THE CLINIC INCLUDING YOU .

example :  what they do on a bad run ?  lose money, try not to tilt, lose more money, quit session. re-log on lose money tilt therefore quit. rinse repeat till you run good for 3 seconds again.

THIS ABOVE IS EASILY SORTED FOLLOWING GOOD ADVICE AND HABITS FROM THE WINNING  PLAYERS .

Their bankroll management habits  Not a question i'd expect anyone to really answer, it could especially put someone in a bad spot in games with regular players if they were to mention a low br or low confidence etc

THIS IS COMPLETLY THEIR CHOICE NOT YOURS OR MINE .

what note habits these use . I write things like 'dont like this guy' 'bluffed me, get him back twice at least + show' 'cant fold, honestly I think it glitches and doesn't give him that option' 'plays flush draw like he's flopped a royal flush' etc

WELL NOTES DIFFER BUT GOOD CONSTRUCTIVE NOTES CAN PROVE USEFUL .

Table selection or not and how they choose their tables   Ones with free seats, ones with money on!

THIS IS SILLY AND WELL YOU KNOW IT TABLE SELECTION IN CASH / S&G  / CAN BE KEY .

cash /  mtt or s&g player ?  I can excel in playing badly at all forms of poker, most enjoy losing at cash though. which do they find most profitable ?  whichever ones I play when i'm running good or someone else is playing like a numpty. There ya go is that something like what you meant?! :-)
    Posted by beaneh

IN SUMMARY VERY NEGATIVE AND WHY BOTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT IN YOU KNOW WHERE THE DOOR IS M8Y !
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PROFITABLE POKER PLAYERS POST THEIR WINNING WAY! READ ON............ : IN SUMMARY VERY NEGATIVE AND WHY BOTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT IN YOU KNOW WHERE THE DOOR IS M8Y !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Have you ever heard the phrase tongue in cheek?!

And BD i'm delighted to hear it. Mr 'I flat 4 bets and frop quazilla for fun OOP yo!'
  • edited July 2010
    lol was that quad tens vs your aces I think I remember :(
  • edited July 2010
    lol was that quad tens vs your aces I think I remember :(
    Posted by BrownnDog

ofc it ruddy was :grrrrrr: :p