You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The morality of South Park

edited July 2010 in The Shed
Some say the bible taught us our morals. But I'm not sure I'm keen on stoning to death homosexuals, prostitutes and woman who two-time their husbands. I'm certainly not keen on advocating taking a knife to your son's throat because you hear a voice in your head.

South Park, however, absolutely rips apart the ludicrous pc society we live in. And every episode has a profound statement to make if you listen carefully.

I'll be honest, it was my 10yo son that got me into it. He possibly just laughs at the swearing and the greatest ever comic creation that is Cartman, but 10yos would. I'm more than willing to let him watch beacuse when you see through the juvinile stuff they always call things so very right. Absolute genius IMHO, and the best tv on the box by a mile.

I've a sick sense of humour, which I suppose helps. You laugh or you cry though?

Am I right, or am I right?

Comments

• edited July 2010

Southpark is brilliant and is not scared of tackling any issue. Makes me laugh my head off.

I like the dog whisperer and the people from the future episodes best but i like them all.

• edited July 2010
    you b right m8.
    if you are sick of watching tv, then can i suggest reading a book by Robert A Heinlein called 'Stranger in a strange land.' the author is noted as one of the godfathers of science fiction, however to him nothing (except women and cats) and i mean NOTHING is sacred and he rips it to pieces. when you realise that it was written in 1961 ,you can see why it was so contrevertial, like South Park is today.
    well worth the time to read!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: The morality of South Park:
    you b right m8. if you are sick of watching tv, then can i suggest reading a book by Robert A Heinlein called 'Stranger in a strange land.' the author is noted as one of the godfathers of science fiction, however to him nothing (except women and cats) and i mean NOTHING is sacred and he rips it to pieces. when you realise that it was written in 1961 ,you can see why it was so contrevertial, like South Park is today. well worth the time to read!!!
    Posted by lozgo

Never heard of it.

Will check it out. It's about time I started reading books that aren't about poker again :-)

Will check it out mate
  • edited July 2010
    CARTMAN   10/10
    You cant go wrong with a bit of s/park m8 mixed with a bit of family guy.
    I call it media studies

• edited July 2010
    Its good and v funny, but definitely not suitable for 10 yr olds imo.
  • edited July 2010
    the warcraft episode!!!!! utter class
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: The morality of South Park:
    Its good and v funny, but definitely not suitable for 10 yr olds imo.
    Posted by OMahonyO[/QUOTE

Utter twaddle! It didn't do my kid any harm and i let him watch all the saw films, chucky films and any horror films he wanted from when he was old enough to walk! His behaviour is so good now that he is already being considered for parole after only 5 years, i'm so proud of him.