You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Welcome Bonus What A Joke

edited September 2009 in Area 51
In Response to Welcome Bonus What A Joke:
im a new player and deposited unfortunately as a new player the better players got the better of me and took my bankroll :-( lol the new player bonus is pathetic where you have to earn a certain amount of player points to receive any kind of bonus for new players this is really hard especially when you are still learning the game so i received no bonus whatsoever whereas on the different sites i have looked at most offer a 100% match bonus and some even offer bonuses everytime u deposit over £20 can some one explain to me why sky say up to £500 welcome bonus when it is so hard for new players to even reach the £10 bonus what a joke and scam think i will be taking business elsewhere!
Posted by _The_Boat_
you will find on all sights you have to earn points to recieve your welcome bonus,and some put a time limit on you to earn enough points

Comments

• edited August 2009
    take annies advice dont play on this site its fixed
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Welcome Bonus What A Joke:
    although i am not a new player i agree that this welcome bonus is a bad bonus not everybody has the bankroll to make 375 poker points per month etc i know alot of ppl can make th points but some ppl like to play lower limits to learn the game and there isnt any way of making them points unless you win every tournament you play in which lets be honest no one can do so therefore i agree that this is a bad decision from sky poker but then again they dont care aslong as they get their rake so good luck trying to change it lol
    Posted by Buster69
    This is not true,i played mostly modest stake tourneys and after only 27 days have accumulated over 500 poker points and 430 league points.I would also like to HEREBY APOLOGISE for some recent comments i made about the fairness of the site.I have just won 2nites £100 FREEROLL probably by changing my play style a bit.IM SO GLAD TO have faith and confidence BACK.Bye for now.
  • edited August 2009
    When I joined I was not even allowed the bonus. Even though I had never ever played on the poker site I was told that as I had a sky bet account from like 5 years ago which I hadnt used in 3 years, I was told I was not allowed the bonus which seems really stupid. Its not like I wasnt going to play and increase their turnover to earn the points required. Surely the poker and the betting are two different things. But who am I to argue? Anyway all I am sayingis that this point should be made more clearly when it is advertised especially on the poker channel as I would imagine there are alot of people who fall into this catagory, as I expect many people join not knowing this.
  • edited September 2009
    im a new player and deposited unfortunately as a new player the better players got the better of me and took my bankroll :-( lol the new player bonus is pathetic where you have to earn a certain amount of player points to receive any kind of bonus for new players this is really hard especially when you are still learning the game so i received no bonus whatsoever whereas on the different sites i have looked at most offer a 100% match bonus and some even offer bonuses everytime u deposit over £20 can some one explain to me why sky say up to £500 welcome bonus when it is so hard for new players to even reach the £10 bonus what a joke and scam think i will be taking business elsewhere!
    Posted by _The_Boat_
    to be fair i deposited £40 and got £100 for 1st deposit bonus after 30 days. not that i was playing for the bonus just grinding to build up my bankroll which aint too shabby :D you wont catch me moaning about free cash sireeee
  • edited September 2009
    Posted by _The_Boat_
    it's the way every single poker site does it, you have to play to earn it, in fact i think sky is one of the easier one's to achieve. I got $200 when i first started, if you can build your bankroll it's relatively easy.