You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

busted again holding aces

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Get the feeling i should stop playing aces. Last 3 times ive played them ive lost and cost me my tournament the latest the guy re-raised my UTG raise all in with 910 off and rivered a four card flush. Kind of frustrating that players actually re-raise this.

Id watched two players playing very similar on the table and knew a re-raise all in was comming to the guy who wasnt playing many hands, but just kind of upsetting when they actually get lucky like this.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to busted again holding aces:
    Get the feeling i should stop playing aces. Last 3 times ive played them ive lost and cost me my tournament the latest the guy re-raised my UTG raise all in with 910 off and rivered a four card flush. Kind of frustrating that players actually re-raise this. Id watched two players playing very similar on the table and knew a re-raise all in was comming to the guy who wasnt playing many hands, but just kind of upsetting when they actually get lucky like this.
    Posted by The_Don90
    AA busted 3 times in a row? Ouch my man, ouch.

It'll turn around though. In my experience ridiculous bad runs turn into ridiculous good runs.

If you've 910 chips in a tourney though it's always going to get called?

Patience. Study Zen. Everything's relative. And not relative. Accept it.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: busted again holding aces:
    In Response to busted again holding aces : AA busted 3 times in a row? Ouch my man, ouch. It'll turn around though. In my experience ridiculous bad runs turn into ridiculous good runs. If you've 910 chips in a tourney though it's always going to get called? Patience. Study Zen. Everything's relative. And not relative. Accept it.
    Posted by bandini
    No he had 9 10. I had 2500 he had 4000.

You know the ironic thing about it, the hands that have busted me are, 10 J first, 10 Q the second time and 10 9 the third time.

Guess i need to dodge the 10s
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: busted again holding aces : No he had 9 10. I had 2500 he had 4000. You know the ironic thing about it, the hands that have busted me are, 10 J first, 10 Q the second time and 10 9 the third time. Guess i need to dodge the 10s
    Posted by The_Don90
    Oh, right. Sorry, read that wrong.

Just variance mate. Your next twenty will all win. Probably. Maybe.

I just recently started playing and think I had AA holding up about 20 times in a row. Thought they were indestructible. Then crash, bang, wallop. Every time I got them they got cracked.

Connectors with 10s are the most profitable hands in poker I'm sure I read somewhere. Wouldn't go heads up with them but in a multi-way pot or a cash game they're beautiful.
  • edited July 2010
    fold em!

I only ever go all in pre-flop with three 9's. and thats only if i have less than 10 big blinds.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: busted again holding aces : Oh, right. Sorry, read that wrong. Just variance mate. Your next twenty will all win. Probably. Maybe. I just recently started playing and think I had AA holding up about 20 times in a row. Thought they were indestructible. Then crash, bang, wallop. Every time I got them they got cracked. Connectors with 10s are the most profitable hands in poker I'm sure I read somewhere. Wouldn't go heads up with them but in a multi-way pot or a cash game they're beautiful.
    Posted by bandini
    Yea ill know theyll hold eventually, just kind of sucks at the moment. 3 tournaments in 5 ive busted with Aces, the other 2 i cashed in while card dead lol.

Guess i just need a long hard grind rather than a couple of big hands to put me in good shape :D
  • edited July 2010
    what hand are you more likely to get busted with than any other hand?!? aces are guuuuut. keep playing them!
  • edited July 2010
    what hand are you more likely to get busted with than any other hand?!? aces are guuuuut. keep playing them!
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeap but thats because you cant fold pre and if they dont improve to trips its easy to get beat its only one pair after all. However kind of sucks when you lose to middling hands that i want the call from by "less gifted players".
  • edited July 2010
    Are you gifted then?
  • edited July 2010
    Are you gifted then?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Specially gifted, or special needs possibly lol.

What im referring to players who are willing to go all in pre flop with 9 10 off suit are more likley to bust out of tournaments early compared to those who wouldnt.