You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how do u play a nutter who raises most hands???

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hi i was playing this person who raised nearly every pot i sat and waited for a good hand found one in the form of aces!

before anyone says why didnt i re raise more pre well imo they would of called most bets!

thought got ya. oh wait ive lost grrrrrr!

question is should i stop vs this person or re buy and wait again for another decent hand???
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DIEZELDEN Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.56
finster Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.49
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

lympany01 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £7.63
ProdigalSo Fold     
donkeyplop Raise  £0.36 £0.62 £4.28
DIEZELDEN Fold     
finster Fold     
lympany01 Call  £0.16 £0.78 £7.47
Flop

lympany01 Check     
donkeyplop Bet  £0.78 £1.56 £3.50
lympany01 All-in  £7.47 £9.03 £0.00
donkeyplop All-in  £3.50 £12.53 £0.00
lympany01 Unmatched bet  £3.19 £9.34 £3.19
lympany01 Show

donkeyplop Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

lympany01 Win Three 5s £8.64  £11.83

Comments

• edited July 2010
    ouch! well I suppose the main thing is long term you will make money and he wont....not much consolation though :(
  • edited July 2010
    If he's going to call any bet, and we have aces. go all in no?

rebuy and keep playing him!!
  • edited July 2010
    rebuy, and you dont have to wait for a "decent hand" just play pots in postion against him and let him bluff into you when you flop a strong top pair like K9/A9
  • edited July 2010
    btw your 3bet sizing we really bad, make it 70p
  • edited July 2010

yeah i know i didnt 3 bet much but i knew i would get called regardless lol

i did wait and wait then got this hand :)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    leslie1947 Sit out     
    lympany01 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £11.00
    stupid366 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.94
      Your hole cards
    • J

fairfull11 Fold     
    donkeyplop Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.84
    DIEZELDEN Call  £0.16 £0.38 £0.26
    lympany01 Call  £0.14 £0.52 £10.86
    stupid366 Call  £0.12 £0.64 £1.82
    Flop

• J
    • A

lympany01 Bet  £0.04 £0.68 £10.82
    stupid366 Call  £0.04 £0.72 £1.78
    donkeyplop Raise  £0.42 £1.14 £3.42
    DIEZELDEN Fold     
    lympany01 Call  £0.38 £1.52 £10.44
    stupid366 Fold     
    Turn

• J

lympany01 Bet  £0.04 £1.56 £10.40
    donkeyplop Raise  £1.24 £2.80 £2.18
    lympany01 Call  £1.20 £4.00 £9.20
    River

lympany01 Check     
    donkeyplop Bet  £2.00 £6.00 £0.18
    lympany01 Call  £2.00 £8.00 £7.20
    donkeyplop Show
    • J

lympany01 Muck
    • A

donkeyplop Win Three Jacks £7.40  £7.58
  • edited July 2010
    If they're gonna call any raise, then raise MASSIVE, you have the best hand so why are you scared to commit with it ?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how do u play a nutter who raises most hands???:
    [QUOTE]yeah i know i didnt 3 bet much but i knew i would get called regardless
    Posted by donkeyplop

Is this reasoning, related to the outcome of the hand?

Are you saying even if you had 3 bet more, you would still have lost - hence trying to defend/justify the size of your bet?

The advice that the 3 bet was too small is something you should look at for the future, and a mistake you can stop making - NOT justification for him calling the bet, nor is it responsible for you losing that hand.

I fear you have missed the point about bet sizing here...
  • edited July 2010
    yeah i know i didnt 3 bet much but i knew i would get called regardless lol i did wait and wait then got this hand :)
    well if he is going to call any bet, do you know see why raising more is going to raise your profits in the long run?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: how do u play a nutter who raises most hands??? : [QUOTE ]yeah i know i didnt 3 bet much but i knew i would get called regardless Posted by donkeyplop
    Is this reasoning, related to the outcome of the hand? Are you saying even if you had 3 bet more, you would still have lost - hence trying to defend/justify the size of your bet? The advice that the 3 bet was too small is something you should look at for the future, and a mistake you can stop making - NOT justification for him calling the bet, nor is it responsible for you losing that hand. I fear you have missed the point about bet sizing here...
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Love this forum, looks like I have just found out that I have been 3-betting to small since I started!!! 

I always 3-bet about 2x the size of pot, say about 40-50p in the example above.  This is bad then??? 
  • edited July 2010
    ok yeah i see what ur all saying point noted!

but dohhhh what i meant was vs this op i didnt think re raising say £1 would make any differance so i only bothered with the minimum raise.

i just got ul they hit on the flop i guess.
  • edited July 2010
    ok yeah i see what ur all saying point noted! but dohhhh what i meant was vs this op i didnt think re raising say £1 would make any differance so i only bothered with the minimum raise. i just got ul they hit on the flop i guess.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    If you hold a royal flush on the river - and the pot is 1 pound, you know he will call a bet of 50p, but you also know that he will call a bet of 90p.

Which one do you chose?

Pre flop with pocket aces, you have the best possible hand. You can't lose, therefore, the more money you can get in to the middle the better.

It is a mistake to not bet more, especially if you are sure that he will call.

Is it making sense?

If the flop comes 2 2 2 - you bet, and he folds, you will have won 36p, but if you had raised to £1 pre flop - you will have won £1 when he misses the flop...?

It wouldnt have made a difference in this hand, but long term, it will make a big difference.
  • edited July 2010
    Love this forum, looks like I have just found out that I have been 3-betting to small since I started!!!  I always 3-bet about 2x the size of pot, say about 40-50p in the example above.  This is bad then??? 
    Posted by Patching99

This is better, but maybe still a bit on the small size? - micro stakes regs may correct me, but I remember bigger always used to be better at these stakes.

When I 3 bet against one opponent, I just trebble his initital raise.

So at 15/30p, the open raise is normally around £1, so I would raise it 3x £1, to about 3 quid, depending on how fishy the guy is. Sometimes if he just wont fold a hand pre flop you can make it more to get value.

If theres a raiser and a caller, the 3 bet size is bigger, so a guy opens for £1 and theres 2 callers, Im on the button with aces I'll make it £4-50ish to go.

If in  the above scenario I hold 3-2 off Imake it £5 to go, show it and type lol ;) lol... Nah only kiddin...

But at micros you will be 3 betting less hands, but betting them bigger - as you have to take into consideration the people left to act behind you, who, if they have any pair, or 2 cards the same colour, will come in, and you end up playing ur AA/KK/QQ 4 handed.

So in the above example id be making it between 60-80 - about as much as I can get away with without losing my man, so going with DP's info - id make an exception and shove ! lol
  • edited July 2010
    ok cheers mr dohhhhhhh i see what you are saying.

will try and use this from now on
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers Doh, will try upping my 3-bet a bit and see how I get on.  I can see how this will get more value especially when players are raising with K6o etc every hand!
  • edited July 2010
    Are there nutters on this site?

shocked

Tunbridge wells

personally, I often wait for a spot to shove on a nutter and then show 7-2 off, just to wind them up a bit--- then top up to max buy in, call a few raises--- then shove when I've flopped a whoppa, then steal a few--- then shove again with a whoppa-- they usually go away--- but the ones that stay go on a mental tilt, and just throw cash at ya--great fun!!--lol at them at every opportunity, and tell them they are a donkwit flaphead, and will never get thier cash back off ya, because you are a good player, and they are an idiot--- say "is that all your cash yet?" each time you win a buy in off them-- after winning 3 or 4 buy ins--- turn into a rock, but keep laughing
  • edited July 2010
    lol u really sound like a nutter lmao ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Hand 1 raise more preflop.
    Hand 2 go all in on the river, not sure why you left yaself with 18p unless I read the hand history wrong.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Hand 1 raise more preflop. Hand 2 go all in on the river, not sure why you left yaself with 18p unless I read the hand history wrong.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    +1, also in hand 2 im not sure why you raised the flop.
  • edited July 2010
      Leaving the individual hands aside, this is the best type of player to play against because they will play virtually any 2 cards knowing they might get lucky.

There are 2 main things to do to take easy money off these players, first make sure you are properly rolled and can take the beats they will undoubtedly dish out and if possible move seat so you immediately follow them which will give you position on them 5 out of 6 hands.

As we all know good play is aggressive but a player like this makes the fundamental error of thinking that all aggression is good play.So what you need to be doing is tightening your preflop range and only playing cards that will hit big and win a big pot. By this i mean suited connectors, pocket pairs and big aces.Get to see the flop as cheaply as possible and then judge your hand then. If you miss or just pick up a bad draw then insta fold, this way they will only win small pots and when you do hit big you can then take them to the cleaners.

The overly aggressive style of play you see in some players leaves only 3 options for the pot, they win a small pot, they lose a big pot or they suck out and win a big pot.

So the essence of playing these types of players is to show patience and trap.
  • edited July 2010
    answer to thread title question: rock it up and lol that they haven't realised you've rocked it up.
  • edited July 2010
    Would be interesting to read Scotty77's response to this thread ;) he he
  • edited July 2010
    Would be interesting to read Scotty77's response to this thread ;) he he
    Posted by dylan12
    Scotty would just call with any two napkins, get there and then stack the guy when he's drawing dead, then for good measure someone who wasn't in the pot would jokingly say all in and then be verbally committed and have to hand over their stack. Nice life scotty mbn lol
  • edited July 2010
    im not sure either blackfish lol.

just thought id bet that amount!

cheers for the other advice though as ive still got alot to learn in cash and im trying to fit it all into a small brain :)