You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What else Could i do?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Raise more preflop.
Apart from that just unlucky imo.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    HOG60 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £20.89
    iBLUFF Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £11.08
      Your hole cards
    • A

Fundz Call  £0.10 £0.25 £8.06
    agnew Call  £0.10 £0.35 £7.91
    HOG60 Call  £0.05 £0.40 £20.84
    iBLUFF Raise  £0.40 £0.80 £10.68
    Fundz Fold     
    agnew Call  £0.40 £1.20 £7.51
    HOG60 Fold     
    Flop

• Q
    • J
    • K

iBLUFF Bet  £1.20 £2.40 £9.48
    agnew Call  £1.20 £3.60 £6.31
    Turn

iBLUFF Bet  £3.60 £7.20 £5.88
    agnew Call  £3.60 £10.80 £2.71
    River

iBLUFF All-in  £5.88 £16.68 £0.00
    agnew All-in  £2.71 £19.39 £0.00
    iBLUFF Unmatched bet  £3.17 £16.22 £3.17
    iBLUFF Show
    • A

agnew Show

agnew Win Flush to the King £15.01  
    I want ur thought on weather i played it well, or even could get off it please give me advice.thanks
  • edited July 2010

thanks thats what i thought i didnt think i could get off it, but just wanted to make sure it wasny just me

• edited July 2010
    Raise pre probably 60p+ at least as your OOP. After that played perfect pot bet each time, fish caught his card this time, keep doing the same.
  • edited July 2010

thanks u dont no how shocked i was when he turned over his cards lol

• edited July 2010
    again you know you did nothing wrong....

played perfect, ul.

no you cant get off it on the river as he has 2.7 back and the pot is 10 so you're never gonna c/f for 4/1 on ur money with the nut straight after how the betting went.
  • edited July 2010
    i was thinking when the boared paired do u think i could of folded then?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What else Could i do?:
    i was thinking when the boared paired do u think i could of folded then?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    no becausae they are not limp calling with JJ QQ KK. You played the hand perfect

this thread is just a standard cooler

/thead.
    /lock
  • edited July 2010
    board paired on river, read lynx's post again. that will give you your answer.
  • edited July 2010

The only reason i never put him on flush is because of his turn call 3.60 of his 10 pounds stack on a  draw  didnt think he would.

• edited July 2010
    The only reason i never put him on flush is because of his turn call 3.60 of his 10 pounds stack on a  draw  didnt think he would.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    He probably would've called his stack off on flop tbh.
  • edited July 2010

Hey IBLUFF - as the guys said above, u did nothing wrong here, its gonna happen quite alot in cash this sort of thing.

U just have to expect it to happen - so u need enough buy ins in your bankroll to cope with it.

U played it fine, ul
  • edited July 2010
    thanks the only thing i think i did wrong is the pre-flop not raising enough to get him to fold his hand, plus prob more of a bet on flop or do u think the pot size bet on flop was good?
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by iBLUFF
    hence why i said you're never c/folding river given how the betting went and his stack in relation to the pot...

maybe my posts are invisible to you or you're not quite done re-living the beat?
  • edited July 2010
    thanks the only thing i think i did wrong is the pre-flop not raising enough to get him to fold his hand, plus prob more of a bet on flop or do u think the pot size bet on flop was good?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    i think pre was fine. post was fine too, just write a note on the guy after that they will call pot size bets with weak FDs, so in furture when you flop a strong top pair, just bet big for value.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What else Could i do? : He probably would've called his stack off on flop tbh.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    yeah the flop he had massive draw but dont u think on the turn it was a abit to epensive for him to keep chasing?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What else Could i do? : i think pre was fine. post was fine too, just write a note on the guy after that they will call pot size bets with weak FDs, so in furture when you flop a strong top pair, just bet big for value.
    Posted by harvey23
    yeah never thought to do that will do thanks
  • edited July 2010
    lol lynx.

ibluff... pot bet is enough, just unlucky k?
    forget the hand and move on.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What else Could i do? : hence why i said you're never c/folding river given how the betting went and his stack in relation to the pot... maybe my posts are invisible to you or you're not quite done re-living the beat?
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    lol sorry i was typing mine when u put urs on
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What else Could i do? : lol sorry i was typing mine when u put urs on
    Posted by iBLUFF
    and lol no im over it now thanks all
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    I love lynxs' posts. he funny
  • edited July 2010
    just lol
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    lol funny stuff
  • edited July 2010
    The only thing I can add to what's all ready been said is put him all in on the turn. If he's gonna call a pot sized bet on the turn and leave £2.70 ish then he's gonna call an all in. If he folds you take down the pot, if he calls and misses, you've stacked him. Make people pay for their draws.