You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I know i should have folded but did i play it wrong

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  50.00 50.00 2470.00
RICARDO955 Big blind  100.00 150.00 5590.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

seksee Fold     
xCall  100.00 250.00 5110.00
ctbn Fold     
aCall  100.00 350.00 3150.00
The_Don90 Raise  350.00 700.00 2120.00
RICARDO955 Fold     
xCall  300.00 1000.00 4810.00
aCall  300.00 1300.00 2850.00
Flop

• Q

The_Don90 Bet  400.00 1700.00 1720.00
xCall  400.00 2100.00 4410.00
aCall  400.00 2500.00 2450.00
Turn

• J

The_Don90 Check     
xCheck     
aCheck     
River

The_Don90 Check     
xAll-in  4410.00 6910.00 0.00
aFold     
The_Don90 All-in  1720.00 8630.00 0.00
xUnmatched bet  2690.00 5940.00 2690.00
The_Don90 Show
  • A
  • K

xShow

xWin Three 6s 5940.00  8630.00
Ok i should have folded the river but theres a reason for it. My main question is how did i play the hand until then.

Player x had raised 90% of hands usually 4x BB on this occassion he only flat called. Hed been re-raising alot of flop i handnt seen many of his hands so i have no idea what his range is. PLayer a had just came to the table.

He flat called on the flop so i suspect a flush draw which was strenthened by the check on the turn. Hed went all in alot in these situations as well so i suspected flush draw busted and he was trying to steal. Was horrored that id somehow let such a weak hand in the pot. So did i play it bad. For 96 to even come into the pot and for him to call a 3 way pot with bottom pair?

Comments

• edited July 2010

raise more preflop, but i dont hate the call to be honest

• edited July 2010
    Raise more preflop, bet more on the flop if you are going to c bet.
  • edited July 2010
    raise more pre, flop is c/f or ship given ur stack but if it ends up 3 way i lean toward c/f.... if a bigger raise pre gets us HU i ship

as played pre c/f this flop, its disgusting even tho you do have Ah
  • edited July 2010

So many of your posts start with "I know I should have *****, but" (normally folde)

I havent even read the hand, but surely if u know what ur doing wrong, u shud b able to sort it out?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: I know i should have folded but did i play it wrong:
    So many of your posts start with "I know I should have *****, but " (normally folde) I havent even read the hand, but surely if u know what ur doing wrong, u shud b able to sort it out?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I image you wont read this mate, but if you do. I state in the origional thread i was asking about up until the call. Pre and post flop. The turn and river i know i played badly out of my own knowledge.
  • edited July 2010
    river call is a spew, you beat nothing but a bluff, snap fold.
  • edited July 2010

Am I missing something, you called off your stack with Ace high on river....

• edited July 2010
    When you're this shallow, raise more pre and shove the flop if it's headsup. If it's 3 way on the flop then c/f .
  • edited July 2010
     If Id suspected they were chasing a flush or had 6 or 7 I would have put them to the test on the turn!
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Raise more pre so we can shove easily on the flop, as played I still shove this flop.

As played I probably call the river unless you don't think he would bet his busted draws (which from your reads I'm guessing is not the case).
  • edited July 2010
    Harvey and Dudeskin as i admit i should have folded the post was about what happened before,

Thanks guys, i should have reaised more pre and shoved flop. Guessing by the way the guy was playing i would have still got a call but at least i would have played it better and put myself at risk rather than being the stupid one making the call.

thanks guys, good to know where i went. Thanks Yb and Lynx for not hating the call to much. Donut i think your right the turn was poor i think i admited that in the first post, thats where i felt i should have shoved.
  • edited July 2010

by you low pre flop raise he would of put you on decent cards but lower than A K! So when queen come down if you shove he would of put you on a  high pair or a set and would of folded. Well thats how i would of played it

• edited July 2010
    would really like to hear what people think villain's value range on the river is here giving the action previous.
    we beat all busted draws, of which there are alot of but the problem is with your flop bet looking so weakish a good player would just jam the flop and expect you to fold a decent chunk of the time, i think it depends alot on tournament type/structure & how close to the bubble to decide whether it is a call or not
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: I know i should have folded but did i play it wrong:
    would really like to hear what people think villain's value range on the river is here giving the action previous. we beat all busted draws, of which there are alot of but the problem is with your flop bet looking so weakish a good player would just jam the flop and expect you to fold a decent chunk of the time, i think it depends alot on tournament type/structure & how close to the bubble to decide whether it is a call or not
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Bounty Hunter 10 min blinds i think. Quite a while away from the bubble.
  • edited July 2010
    I think a draw capable of semi bluffing would raise flop or bet turn. So i would fold river as played.