You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just Won my 1st tournament

Can you remember the 1st tournament you won, because I have just won my first tournament 52 runners BH tourney, £14 in head prizes and £15 in prize money, only £2 entry :) cant believe I won it, I played to win it and when I was chip leader I thought my inexperience would have got the better of me but it didnt :) and heads up i had 10,10 ALL IN, he has 10,K what a way to end it :)

Only £29 but Im so happy LOL

So I also ask what was the first tournament you won and how did u feel, im only 18 as well, HOPEFULLY a bright poker future ahead of me :)

Comments

• edited July 2010

Very well done! It is an amazing feeling when you win your first tourney. I hope this is just the start! xxxx
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations hope its the first of many
  • edited July 2010
    well done jordon nice feeling is it not :)
  • edited July 2010
    NICE WORK FELLA KEEP IT UP
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Just Won my 1st tournament:
    Can you remember the 1st tournament you won, because I have just won my first tournament 52 runners BH tourney, £14 in head prizes and £15 in prize money, only £2 entry :) cant believe I won it, I played to win it and when I was chip leader I thought my inexperience would have got the better of me but it didnt :) and heads up i had 10,10 ALL IN, he has 10,K what a way to end it :) Only £29 but Im so happy LOL So I also ask what was the first tournament you won and how did u feel, im only 18 as well, HOPEFULLY a bright poker future ahead of me :)
    Posted by jordan39

Nice 1 m8 can't remember me 1st win but i can remember coming 2nd in Velocity its a great feeling VERY WELL DONE Jordan39

DT
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations.
  • edited July 2010
    Well done jordan,great feeling init? My first tourney win was on here a, £2 deepy many moons ago and ended up hu with irish rover,i was kacking it but somehow came out the winner.now get on with the next one mate.
  • edited July 2010
    well done lets hope its first of many! yeah that first one was pretty sweet for me also even though cashed for much more coming second but felt better the one i won

Regards
    John
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Jordan, I started playing online this January so I remeber that feeling still unlike some of the more regulars that have been playing on here for years.

Put £25 in my account the first night I joined Sky Poker and played 2 bounty hunters without cashing. Was 10.30pm at night and was just about to go bed and call it a night when I saw a £150 gtd b/h and thought wouldn't hurt to play one more.

Played that tourny until about 1am and with 121 runners and won it. Think I won just over a £100 including Bounty's.  I remember taking screen shots to show my friends because I didn't think they'd believe me. ha ha. Was a great feeling and remember it well.

Enjoy it and keep enjoying your poker mate!!
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Jordan.

My 1st tournament win was a freeroll about 2 & 1/2 years ago. Only £6.25 but at the time it felt more like £625!
  • edited July 2010
    1st 1 lol i cant remember my last 1 lol......
  • edited July 2010

Thanks for all of the congratulations and well dones much appreciated

In reply to FINS I wasnt really very nervous I was chip leader by a fair amount but never thought I would win so was just playing my own game, and my heads up lasted all of 1 HAND

Hit the 10's knew my opponents game so knew if he had a half decent hand like K,10 he would call, which I was never worried about when he showed

• edited July 2010
    Very well played Jordan, winning a tournament is such a great feeling isn't it, I enjoy that feeling more than the money. Now you know you can do it you'll undoubtedly go on to win more.

My first tournament win was a freeroll. On January 5th this year the whole of Britain was paralzed by heavy snow. That day I went to work at 2-00am as usual and managed to battle my way around my milkround in very tough conditions, every pint got delivered. When I got home Sky announced they had put on a 'Freezing Freeroll' for all the poker players snowed-in at home. 996 runners entered, very few were 'away' because it was put on at short notice, I somehow managed to get first place for a £44 prize.

Since then I've won a few bounty hunters like the one you won too. Every time I win a tournament I feel like I'm walking on air, it's a better buzz than anything you get on a cash table.
  • edited July 2010
    Nice work im 22 and i still aint won a torney not bitter or anythink tho ;)

bluff (c.dodd)
  • edited July 2010
    Nice on Jordan, it's a great feeling isn't it.

Luckily for me my story falls very much in line with StueyH's. Very first day on Sky, not sure what to do....lost a few quid stumbling round the lobby....just about to end my first day with a loss.....then thought 60p for a one minute roulette....why not.....course what I didn't realise back then was that a luck box tourney like roulette was really suited to my game at the time....came first amid much excitement.

Best thing was I then able to end that first day in profit and subsequant strict BR management has ensured I have never slipped into the red whilst playing poker.

It also helps explain why I am so dismayed about what Sky have done to the one minute roulette.

BUT they're getting so much else right I'm trying my best not to KEEP banging on about it!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    My first online tournament win was 8 years ago and I remember it well. It was on Will Hills and there was about 300 runners in a £10 freezeout. When I got H2H my opponent disconnected. I folded the blinds for ages then he ran out of chips. It wasn't the way I would have wanted it but I never forgot it.

Hopefully that's your first of many wins to come.
  • edited July 2010

Well done Jordan, 1st of many i am sure. I remember my 1st MTT win. It was way back in 2004, 4th of September to be precise. I only ever played small stakes cash but was a bit STELLARED when a banner appeared for a 35 pound satellite to Caribbean Poker Classic so i had a look and as there were only 70 runners thought what the hell.
      2 hours later i had won the thing. Could not beleive it m8.
       Flew out to ST Martin on 4.12.04 and sat down in the main event on 08.12 (my birthday). This was the 1st time i had ever played live and lasted 11 hours and was last player eliminated.

THE BEST 35 quid i have ever spent .
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Just Won my 1st tournament:
    Can you remember the 1st tournament you won, because I have just won my first tournament 52 runners BH tourney, £14 in head prizes and £15 in prize money, only £2 entry :) cant believe I won it, I played to win it and when I was chip leader I thought my inexperience would have got the better of me but it didnt :) and heads up i had 10,10 ALL IN, he has 10,K what a way to end it :) Only £29 but Im so happy LOL So I also ask what was the first tournament you won and how did u feel, im only 18 as well, HOPEFULLY a bright poker future ahead of me :)
    Posted by jordan39
    cool.
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations - well done. Hope you have many more.

I have won a few live events - circa 60 entrants or so and turned £10 into £300 each time, which is like walking on air.

My first Sky Poker tournament win was the Thurs night Bounty and i somehow came back from 900 chips to win it. turned £22 into £1,700 - that night i was flying and did not sleep much. that was a few months ago and not a tournament win in sight since then - do have the odd double up win and enjoy scraping some profit on bounty and cash tables.

Bit of a dry run recently - but thats poker.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Jordan,
    Well done on your win Jordan and I know how you feel. Apologies for hijacking your post but I also won my first tournament this weekend albeit only 29 players but yes a great feeling isnt it ?. Ive put a lot of work into the game in the last month or so and now feeling the benefits. Ive had good advice off many on here, especially dohhhhhhh and harvey23, so thanks chaps. Looking forward to learning some more off you.

As for my win I had some luck (dont think you can win one without luck) especially when down to 4 players as I got quad 3's on the flop with my opponent (who had 2nd largest stack) getting a full house with K's and 3's to go All in !!!
  • edited July 2010

I joined this site in May/June 2008 just after turning 18 and had some money to burn. My first win came only a month or two back, won about £100 from a bounty hunter, £3.30 buy in I think. Best memory tho was finishing 5th in one of the early open tourneys, won £360 from that, all happened in a flash too, 7th and 8th go knocked out the same hand, then next hand 6th went and one after that I had gone too, I think I had jacks busted by A 4.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Just Won my 1st tournament:
    I joined this site in May/June 2008 just after turning 18 and had some money to burn. My first win came only a month or two back, won about £100 from a bounty hunter, £3.30 buy in I think. Best memory tho was finishing 5th in one of the early open tourneys, won £360 from that, all happened in a flash too, 7th and 8th go knocked out the same hand, then next hand 6th went and one after that I had gone too, I think I had jacks busted by A 4.
    Posted by NunnyLad
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first win, may it be the first of many.