You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP-E

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Great idea m8 - lets see what the suits say!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Is it..
    A. Possible
    B. Would it get interest...

For sky to do satelites to the WSOP-E in September at London. Watching all the goings on with the whole of the WSOP and following the sky players' progress is wetting my appetite

Is the WSOP-E covered by certain sites to do satelites therefor Sky not being able to do any? Or if we are able to would there be an interest?
    Would be ideal for me, get a chance to play in a big comp with big names and not have to leave the family for too long.

What do you all think?
  • edited July 2010
    it would be bound to get interest, and prob the same interest as the WSOP sats, but i doubt it would be possible due to the usual exclusive sponsorship with a particular site, and also the lack of time to arrange this promotion now

nice idea Charles, maybe in 2011?:)
  • edited July 2010
    I think that another well known betting company have the exclusive rights.

Well they have for the past couple of years.

But yeah I mean that other well known betting company also has a poker room so get an account set up and try and get a seat!
  • edited July 2010
    great idea m8, next year defo sky!!!! if not poss this year then plz next year
  • edited July 2010
    ps dont just go to the companies website and register, if you look around you can get 40pc rakeback
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WSOP-E:
    it would be bound to get interest, and prob the same interest as the WSOP sats, but i doubt it would be possible due to the usual exclusive sponsorship with a particular site, and also the lack of time to arrange this promotion now nice idea Charles, maybe in 2011?:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thats what I was asking, havent done any research, didnt know if it had usual sponsors or not
  • edited July 2010
    i think thats a gret idea and i think would generate similar interest to the main WSOP maybe more as will be not as far to travel
  • edited July 2010

It's pretty awkward, in truth.

It's sponsored by a competitor Site, & a UK facing one at that, unlike the WSOP "proper" in Vegas.

And the Main Event seat is a whopping £10,000, unlike the $10,000 Vegas equivelant.

But although I still need to talk to the Suits, we have done some schmoozing out here, & all being well, Live Updates, or at least a Daily Blog, WILL be possible on Sky Poker from the WSOP-E.
  • edited July 2010

Great Idea Charles
      Yes i think there will be loads of interest for it & maybe Sky Poker could make it a reality by say 2014

For now though while this site is building its Poker Profile " tikay & atilla/sky poker players & sky poker team in Vegas" would the EPT-London be a more realistic target for sats / seats for 2011?   just a thought m8y

Michael  
  • edited July 2010
    Would love this idea, as ive only just turned 20 id still miss the cut off date of July 1st for next year to be 21 by a mere week for the WSOP. So having a shot at something like the WSOP-E would be ideal for me. I crave to play better players all the time (not saying people here are not as good but im referring to higher buy ins aswell) and as a result would love a shot at these types of tournaments.
  • edited July 2010
    I intend to buy in to the £1,000 event at this years WSOPE.... Wish I could play the £10,000 one though! I might follow Scotty's suggestion. ;)