You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my Poker Journey( Start of 2nd Year) but 1st ( a Blast from me Past )

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat

* bump *

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I Would Like To Share This With Newcomers & players who have been playing poker 1 Year or less like me

23rd aug 2009

Ok so 8 days ago i was playing poker for fun, had been on Sky Poker for 7 weeks(1st time)in that time had qualified for 2 league finals through MTT & STT also had a 4th in a deepstack play the presenter but then it happened the bug hit as have always enjoyed card games such as patience/pontoon/ 3 card brag/crib/trumps & gin rummy so i thought its a good time to put myself to the test(practise what i learnt) so i started 2 threads on forum what tourneys should i play in & when should i move up a level & got loads of feedback & advice the same day.

firstly i need to thank the people that answered my questions on thread

tiggerace7 who’s helped me from day 1 on Deepstacks

dowzer & mickeyblue advised to play all types of tourney’s to find one that suits

also TK / bennydip2/mickjenn1/razorkev/offshoot/draig/ozzie08 & irishrover these all contributed as well

So here is my 8 day Diary from Newcomer to Cashing in the Five OO main event after my 7 week basic training (tikay)  Enjoy

Thursday 23rd have a bit of extra cash so i enter £15k BH semi – final and am totally surprised when i qualify i think awesome my 1st tv tourney for £12

Friday 24th Getting ready to play £15k BH  have played a few STT BH so start playing nerves have set in and my game goes to pot and i think i never played like this in semi a bit gutted think i lasted about 25mins or so was watching the show and saw i got a mention by TK about my KK problem and thought good experience for £12 even if it was short

Saturday 25th Entered the velocity think it was about £5.50 played a lot better lasted about 45mins an improvement then remembered that TK said the next time i had KK i would win up to now no sign of them so went straight to a £2.30 BH MTT finished 1st of 78 first thought was nice 1 & was i lucky or playing better or a bit of both but no KK played a STT BH 10 seat got to a heads up finally got dealt KK all in he called flips over AJ and got a j on flop but i held on to win

Sunday 26th Entered the open £17 was still buzzing from last nights wins and thought right i am gonna give it a good go very 1st hand i doubled up with 66 (sorry halenpace) Flop came 6s Ad 7s and prayed he had an ace as it turned out he had As K can’t remember suit wasn’t a spade turn Jh river Q and thought yes now i can play my game but table went crazy like russian roullete lasted an hour of the longest roller coaster i have ever been on but the experience was Priceless think i finished 186th out of 680

For me that was a massive Improvement

Monday 27th Entered the T.V.  BH  Tikay & Michelle Orpe(now pokerstars) were having there 1st phone in so thought it would be a good nite think i paid £11 came 276th out of sorry can’t remember the runners but what a show good fun on the phone- ins Michelle was on good form with her impersonations of Bagpuss and a great standard of poker and loads of tips from the legend TK

well worth the cash

Tuesday 28th Just entered Mickjenn1′s £5.50 deepstack 10 seater let me tell you this gets a great field of DEEPSTACK players and is the ideal place to test yourself  if you like a challenge the chat is good and you can really enjoy yourself on this one did ok finished 67th will be playing this every week deffo

Wednesday 29th Day off to gather to go through what i had learnt. Also the Tips & Advice i had got last few days

Sometime later after a few Beers & have sorted me footy bets

I now have a simple  playing style that best suits me  /my Bankroll Management Basics are sorted/ and i know what i need to improve on time for sleep

Thursday 30th D-Day ok i have played a lot of tourney’s all types my cash game is 2/4 blinds to start STT are 30p – £1.15 & my MTT are £2.30 buy in satS are £1 – £2 buy-in so i scan sats in lobby & find a £1 sat for the five 00 i enter and win through to semi – final at 17-15  play the semi and get through to main event i think great now i can see if i make the cash was aiming for 50th to 60th i finished 53rd cashed £40 and thought thats a nice ROI(return on investment)

now you may be thinking i am out of pocket but with the cash i won on saturday + £40 take the buy in money away and i am still in a bit of profit but by playing a tourney is day shows that varience does work both ways

& some of you will think i was lucky, i would like to think a bit of both and improvement time will tell but i will leave you with this

YOU GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS & THERE ARE LOADS OF THEM IN this COMMUNITY YOU WILL FIND THEM or THEY WILL FIND YOU

TK said at the time "99% entertainment enjoy"

Well i hope you enjoyed that little blast from the past am still with Sky Poker(always will be)

I’m enjoying my Poker a lot more since investing in a laptop

have played 800+ tourneys & am about even

dtwbandit

• edited July 2010
    too many words!
  • edited July 2010

Well done Michael a very good post and big up to the players who have helped you with their advice.

The very best of luck at the tables, with your blog and your website.

I seriously hope that the next year is a fantastic year for you! xxx
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: My Poker Journey ( a Blast from the Past ):
    too many words!
    Posted by annie_duke
    You prefer action?
  • edited July 2010
    too many words!
    Posted by annie_duke

oops sorry annie i posted wrong 1 was half asleep as had been up all nite following Tikays updates while sorting me blog out thanks for pointing it out have now sorted it michael
  • edited July 2010

nice one michael ,

great read !

• edited July 2010
    too many words!
    Posted by annie_duke
    +1
  • edited July 2010

well just finished a deepy here's how i got on & a BIG THANK YOU TO CANDI  who railed me dtw

jobes - £40.20 + 15 League Points
    everdream - £26.80 + 12 League Points
    DTWBANDIT - £18.76 + 10 League Points
    gaz1965 - £13.40 + 8 League Points
    77viper77 - £10.72
    coles01 - £9.38 + 4 League Points
    Ramakins - £8.04 + 3 League Points
    deepboy - £6.70 + 2 League Points

• edited July 2010

You`re very welcome Michael.

You played tremendously well and was just a lil unlucky there on the final table.

Many congrats` on reaching the F/T and cashing hun xxxx
  • edited July 2010
    nice going michael
  • edited July 2010

Cheers guys its like Day-Ja-Voo happy days
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: my Poker Journey( Start of 2nd Year) but 1st ( a Blast from me Past ):
    nice going michael
    Posted by Mophead19
    Welcome to the forum Mophead x