You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad beat or bad play - advice appreciated

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
wexy Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.88
chris1963 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.32
  Your hole cards
  • K

TOOTHACHE Fold     
jampot Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.56
JPW33 Raise  £0.08 £0.18 £2.34
je1978 Fold     
wexy Call  £0.06 £0.24 £0.82
chris1963 Raise  £0.08 £0.32 £4.24
jampot Call  £0.08 £0.40 £1.48
JPW33 Call  £0.04 £0.44 £2.30
wexy Call  £0.04 £0.48 £0.78
Flop

• K

wexy Check     
chris1963 Bet  £0.04 £0.52 £4.20
jampot Fold     
JPW33 Raise  £0.32 £0.84 £1.98
wexy Fold     
chris1963 Raise  £0.56 £1.40 £3.64
JPW33 Call  £0.28 £1.68 £1.70
Turn

chris1963 Bet  £1.68 £3.36 £1.96
JPW33 All-in  £1.70 £5.06 £0.00
chris1963 Call  £0.02 £5.08 £1.94
chris1963 Show

JPW33 Show
  • K

River

chris1963 Win Full House, 10s and 3s £4.70  £6.64

Comments

• edited July 2010
    raise to 16p pre, with that one limper in the pot. usually do 3bb + 1 for every limper.

flop and turn were fine as played against this weak player.

you got the money in ahead, why are you even posting this, why do so many people post hands like this I dont just get it.

there should be a mod in this section that just snap locks threads like this
  • edited July 2010

FFS - Its hard enough geting people to post hands - this guy is new, he has 13 posts, and hasn't posted in the clinic before.

He does, and u greet him with that response.

How about a mod to snap delete you? - Just don't respond unless your gonna try to help.

There are a couple of things you can help the guy with.

1/ Firstly at these levels, hands like king ten are probably just an auto fold in multi way pots.

2/ The stack size - JPW - you only have £2.50 on a table where the buy in is £4 - Its always best to play a level you can afford, where you can buy in for 100 big blinds.

3/ As Harvey states above, if you are going to play king ten, it is best to make a big raise pre flop - to hopefully sweep up the dead money, or get heads up against 1 player.

Keep posting hands m8 - some people will try to help you.

And to answer the question - yes it is a bad beat, a very bad one. You may not have played the hand great, but you still got the money in good, and thats all you can do.

GL
  • edited July 2010
    1. playing KT is fine in the CO, raise more pre though.
    2. raise more on the flop. if he min raises you can probs call and re evaluate, i think i would have to fold the turn to a pot bet though.
    3. but unlucky with the outcome, you got your money in good, just some things to consider.
    4. buy in for at least 100BBs.
    5. keep posting hands :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad beat or bad play - advice appreciated:
    FFS - Its hard enough geting people to post hands - this guy is new, he has 13 posts, and hasn't posted in the clinic before. He does, and u greet him with that response. How about a mod to snap delete you? - Just don't respond unless your gonna try to help. There are a couple of things you can help the guy with. 1/ Firstly at these levels, hands like king ten are probably just an auto fold in multi way pots. 2/ The stack size - JPW - you only have £2.50 on a table where the buy in is £4 - Its always best to play a level you can afford, where you can buy in for 100 big blinds. 3/ As Harvey states above, if you are going to play king ten, it is best to make a big raise pre flop - to hopefully sweep up the dead money, or get heads up against 1 player. Keep posting hands m8 - some people will try to help you. And to answer the question - yes it is a bad beat, a very bad one. You may not have played the hand great, but you still got the money in good, and thats all you can do. GL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1, no need for a responce like you got from the 1st guy so just ignore him and keep posting x
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Guys,. Dohhhhh is correct I am new to the game and still learning. The reason (for harveys benefit) why I posted it, is this is a frequent occurance for me, so thought I would find out why it happens and it appears from you chaps Im too weak pre flop. The one answer that I dont understand Dohhhhh is that I did have at least a £4 stack at some point  but probably lost some hands and went down to £2.50. Should I reload or move to another table ? All the tables I look at seem to have people with different stacks (someone has to be lowest I think ?) so not fully understanding that part of your answer.

PS Harveys rant will not deter me from enjoying skypoker !! I just hope I do not meet Harvey in a comp as he must be an intimidating person to play ? !! 
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Guys,. Dohhhhh is correct I am new to the game and still learning. The reason (for harveys benefit) why I posted it, is this is a frequent occurance for me, so thought I would find out why it happens and it appears from you chaps Im too weak pre flop. The one answer that I dont understand Dohhhhh is that I did have at least a £4 stack at some point  but probably lost some hands and went down to £2.50. Should I reload or move to another table ? All the tables I look at seem to have people with different stacks (someone has to be lowest I think ?) so not fully understanding that part of your answer. PS Harveys rant will not deter me from enjoying skypoker !! I just hope I do not meet Harvey in a comp as he must be an intimidating person to play ? !! 
    Posted by JPW33
    Like yourself mate i always go down a bit. DoHHHHH is a very good cash player and always moaning at me to keep it as close to if not more than 100xBB which is £4 so maybe a reload is in question. Youll lose more on the coolers but youll pick more back up on your big big hands.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeh the idea of playing with 100 bbs if possible, is to maximise your winnings.

Also if you lose a bigger pot, you lose more, but the aim is to win right? so hopefully that wont happen.

If you are buying into the games for the max, £4 this is fine - I would however top up my stack to £4 if I fall beneath say £3.50ish.

The last thing you want to do is get dealt aces, have a guy shove all in for £4 and you only have £2 in your stack.

Your question about topping up or moving tables? - This is entirely up to you. If it is a tough table, then yes, you can move, this is fine. If you're comfortable and think you can hold your own and beat the table, re load to 100 bbs and win some money.

(of course all of the above only applies if you can afford it. Dont play with money u can't afford to lose.)
  • edited July 2010
    Yeh the idea of playing with 100 bbs if possible, is to maximise your winnings. Also if you lose a bigger pot, you lose more, but the aim is to win right? so hopefully that wont happen. If you are buying into the games for the max, £4 this is fine - I would however top up my stack to £4 if I fall beneath say £3.50ish. The last thing you want to do is get dealt aces, have a guy shove all in for £4 and you only have £2 in your stack. Your question about topping up or moving tables? - This is entirely up to you. If it is a tough table, then yes, you can move, this is fine. If you're comfortable and think you can hold your own and beat the table, re load to 100 bbs and win some money. (of course all of the above only applies if you can afford it. Dont play with money u can't afford to lose.)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks for that dohhhhhh, much appreciated. So much to take in but the picture gets clearer every day.
  • edited July 2010
    FFS - Its hard enough geting people to post hands - this guy is new, he has 13 posts, and hasn't posted in the clinic before. He does, and u greet him with that response. How about a mod to snap delete you? - Just don't respond unless your gonna try to help. There are a couple of things you can help the guy with. 1/ Firstly at these levels, hands like king ten are probably just an auto fold in multi way pots. 2/ The stack size - JPW - you only have £2.50 on a table where the buy in is £4 - Its always best to play a level you can afford, where you can buy in for 100 big blinds. 3/ As Harvey states above, if you are going to play king ten, it is best to make a big raise pre flop - to hopefully sweep up the dead money, or get heads up against 1 player. Keep posting hands m8 - some people will try to help you. And to answer the question - yes it is a bad beat, a very bad one. You may not have played the hand great, but you still got the money in good, and thats all you can do. GL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 there dohhhhh on everything

Harvey you do need to work on your social skills, im sure you can do it no need to go gung ho we are all friendly on here its not like 2+1+1 and noone is continously levelling anyone :o)
  • edited July 2010
    Think Dohhhhh and Blackfish have covered everything.  You got your money in good and they have binked a two outer on the river.  Make a note of how he played it, reload and try again.

Don't min raise preflop, you will only get everyone call and then you are playing K10 multiway which is never a good position to be.  Playing with a full stack is key, there are some hands in one of Dons posts showing why you want to play with as close to the max pull up as possible. 

Basically if you sit down, someone shoves a full pull up preflop on you.  Your sitting there with AA and can't believe your luck.  If your sat there with £2 in the same position, think about it and you have just lost £2 worth of value.
  • edited July 2010
    hi mate try not to let the idiots put you of from posting in here.

ive been trying to learn cash and posting hands here is good for feedback from some very good players like dohhhhhhh, blackfish, beaneh, scotty77 etc...................
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks to all you guys who have replied with constructive answers. It is much appreciated. Im sure Harvey is not such a bad chap and having read his info on him it seems he is a bit of a wind up merchant. He wont put me off though as Ive enjoyed reading and learning from all of you.