You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unsure how i played this hand

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
scouse1515 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £11.80
CRONKS Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £1.35
  Your hole cards
  • K

Grat Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Call  £0.08 £0.20 £4.80
gavin1969 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £3.26
qadeer Fold     
scouse1515 Call  £0.04 £0.32 £11.76
CRONKS Raise  £0.32 £0.64 £1.03
YOUNG_GUN Call  £0.32 £0.96 £4.48
gavin1969 Fold     
scouse1515 Call  £0.32 £1.28 £11.44
Flop

• Q
  • K

scouse1515 Bet  £1.28 £2.56 £10.16
CRONKS All-in  £1.03 £3.59 £0.00
YOUNG_GUN All-in  £4.48 £8.07 £0.00
scouse1515 Call  £3.20 £11.27 £6.96
scouse1515 Show

CRONKS Show

YOUNG_GUN Show
  • K

Turn

River

YOUNG_GUN Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s £10.43  £10.43

Right basically was over a week ago so dont really remember the hand too much, will post result because of this but would like some constructive critiscm all i remember is the lower stacker of the two was tilted

Still looking back i think i have overplayed preflop, played the rest ok but im assuming i had some reads on the players as i wouldnt be risking so much for this pot

Comments

• edited July 2010
    think u played it well think the limp was ok and calling the raise was well questionable, but when u did that's the flop ur looking for obv apart for str8 or trips 2 pair etc ;), think he was just making a standard c bet think just calling would be wrong so like ur re raise all in u played it well and took a nice pot.

bluff (c.dodd)
  • edited July 2010
    I have just reviewd again think main reason for the re-raise is thought i was ahead and didn't want another diamond to come so wanted to make them pay for it as they did. i remember another reason i have re-raised all in as if i am behind which i didn't think i was but still had outs eg. 4 Jacks for the straight and backdoor flush worst case scenerio. definately think pre-flop call was an odd one though and maybe overplayed at bit
  • edited July 2010
    the limp was bad, if you move up to better levels you are going to get exploited alot. DONT EVER OPEN LIMP!!!!!

as played I would of folded on the flop, you only had top pair meidum kicker, turns out you was infront this time, but I think its a losing play in the long run
  • edited July 2010
    I agree if it was higher level, but due to it being lower thats reason for most of the way i played this.

Defo wouldn't play the same anwhere above 15p/30p, have been up higher levels but was too incosistent and bad brm
  • edited July 2010
    even at 1/2p you should be raising, open limping is not going to be a profitable play at any level, but you will get expolited at the higher levels.

from now on make a note that if you enter a uncontested pot, you wiil either raise/fold, simple as that.
  • edited July 2010
    ok will do and will stop limping ;o) thanks harvey
  • edited July 2010

raise or fold pre-flop. at these stakes i just fold K10. ppl will play with all sorts of junk and do crazy stuff post flop (as shown in this hand). tight aggressive abc poker in position is more than enough to beat these levels. as harvey says very rarely open limp in a cash game.