You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Welcome bonus - is it a hoax?

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Has anyone ever received their "welcome bonus" as advertised by sky poker?

Having earnt above the minimum requirement of 150 during my first 30 days, and waiting for the 72 hour period afterwards I still hadn't received anything.

Emails have not been answered, and the technical support guy stops responding as soon as you ask how / when the bonus gets credited.

Truly awful service, and pointless advertising an apparent non existent bonus offer.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    While I agree more patience is required...and you will get your money if you qualify for it...the apparent ignoring of emails and questions to Customer Service is not good enough.
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Welcome bonus - is it a hoax?:
    Yawn................you'll get ur freebie. I'd advise that when u get it u withdraw and take it elsewhere if u don't like having to wait for ur free money!
    Posted by phil12uk
    lol the queue of people expecting money 4 nothing never ends......<YAWN />
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Welcome bonus - is it a hoax?:
    In Response to Re: Welcome bonus - is it a hoax? : lol the queue of people expecting money 4 nothing never ends......<YAWN />
    Posted by annie_duke
    I don't think either of you are being fair to him.

While I agree a slightly better attitude and more patience for the payout is required, I will never cast doubt on someone who, on the face of it, has received poor customer service.

Which seems to be the real issue here, not the money.
  • edited August 2009
    well i thought it was 375 not 150 so maybe that's the prob?
  • edited August 2009
    Probably true, (been playing to long to know about it) but I don't really see the need for ignoring emails or questions on customer service live chat about it - which at least seems to be the real issue here?

A simple anwser like yours would mean the question would never have been posted (assuming your correct)?

When I get knocked out of the tourney I am playing I will try and find out (which won't be long looking at my stack).

Sorry to have a slight go, I just think a more helpful answer like your 2nd post would serve the community better than having a go at the customer who seemingly has received a bit of a poor service...I stress that word because despite what he says that may not be the actual case.

Ho hum...peace out.
  • edited August 2009
    maybe......think i'd email sky if i was him...... :)
  • edited August 2009

£500 Welcome Bonus - No Minimum Deposit Required!!!

Open a new account with Sky Poker today and qualify for a cash bonus of up to £500! The bonus amount paid will depend on how many poker points you earn within your 1st 30 days at Sky Poker, as shown in the table below:

Bonus Amount

Promo Points Required

£10.00

£25.00

£50.00

£100.00

£150.00

£200.00

£250.00

£300.00

£400.00

£500.00

If you earn a minimum of just 150 poker points in your 1st 30 days with Sky Poker you will earn at least £10 in cash, but the more you play the more you earn up to a maximum of £500 as displayed in the table above. There is no minimum deposit required, whether you deposit £10 or £100, as long as you earn the required points you will get the cash bonus.

*Please note that the 500 Poker Points credited to your account on registration do not count towards this bonus.*

The cash bonus is credited within 72 hours of your bonus period expiring, and the bonus can then be withdrawn immediately. If you earn the maximum bonus before your bonus period has expired, then please email us at help@skypoker.com and we will then credit your bonus within 72 hours.

Poker points are earned for all real-money game play, but how fast you earn poker points depends on the types of games and limits you play, click here for more information on how to earn poker points.

You can view your current poker points balance in the "Free stuff" area of the My Account page, this will include the 500 free points credited on registration, which do not count towards this offer.

We will also email you with weekly updates of how many points you have earned so please ensure you enter an active email address when you register.

Terms & Conditions

• The £500 welcome bonus offer is applicable to all new customers who register after Thursday 28th August 2008 and who comply to all of the following terms & conditions.
    • The bonus amount paid is based on the total number of poker points accrued exactly 30 days after registration. E.G. IF your account is opened at 13:00 on 1st September 2008, the bonus period will expire at 12:59:59 on 1st October 2008.
    • The bonus amounts listed above are not cumulative, I.E. if you have earned 3000 poker points at the end of the 30 days you will be credited with a £200 bonus.
    • Any player who meets the criteria of the maximum £500 bonus amount (7500 poker points) before their 30 day bonus period has expired, may email us at help@skypoker.com to claim the bonus early. The bonus amount will then be paid within 72 hours of Sky Poker receiving the email. In all other cases the bonus amount will be paid within 72 hours of the 30 day period expiring.
    • Only poker points earned in real money play will count towards the bonus. The 500 Poker points awarded on registration or in any other Sky Poker promotion will not count towards your total points accrued to meet this bonus.
    • For real money cash tables, poker points are only earned for raked hands in which you have participated. The no. poker points earned varies depending on the blind levels at which you play.
    • For tournaments, each player earns 10 poker points for every £1 paid in tournament fees. E.G. if the buy is £5.00 (Prize contribution) + £0.50 (Fees), you will earn 5 poker points for playing in this tournament.
    • This offer is only available to new customers of Sky Betting and Gaming (Existing Sky Bet, Sky Bingo and Sky Vegas customers who have not yet played Sky Poker will not qualify).
    • This offer is only available once per new customer.
    • Any attempts to manipulate or abuse the bonus will not be tolerated. Under these circumstances, at the sole discretion of Sky Poker, we reserve the right to withhold payment of any bonus amount.
    • In the case of any dispute, Sky Poker's decision will be final, no correspondence will be entered into.
    • Sky Poker reserve the right to amend or withdraw the bonus and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
    • All bonuses amounts listed in the table above are in GBP. Any player's holding accounts in other currencies, will be paid in their own currency according to the current exchange rate on the date that the bonus is awarded.
  • edited August 2009
    All of that seems fairly clear...there is more of course...but basically as a new player if you have earned 150 it seems you should get £10?

Hopefully Sky will clear it all up for the OP. One thing I will say about Sky, on the rare occasion they do make errors they will clear it up pretty quickly, maybe one of the forum guys here can help. I would also check your junk mail folder as any response from them may have been put in there without you realising.

Oh, and maybe check your not confusing promo points with league points or something of that nature.

Good luck with this matter, and keep with Sky they are a good place to play poker, and the community is generally top notch.
  • edited August 2009
    OK first reply maybe was not fair to the guy. I apologise.  We have all had various dealings with the customer services - to varying levels of success. I would recommend e mailing them rather than the online support which can be extremely frustrating and time consuming. I would also state that airing the problems in the manner the guy did on the forum is not going to get him support from a lot of the 'sky poker original players' who had NO BONUS when we all joined (hence the flippant first remark). 
  • edited August 2009

Well thanks (to some of you) for your help.

If you'd read my post correctly originally you'd see that I had already emailed, and had no response. Only then did I try the online chat which was very helpful and quick until I starting asking about methods of payments etc and the guy (eugene - disappeared)

I've easily exceeded 150 points, but the amount I have accrued is irrelevant - the fact is that something is being falsely advertised, and the customer service is not serving the customer.

My posting on here was to see if others had experienced the same.

I'm not "expecting money for nothing" - however I am expecting the agreed entitlement to which I signed up.

I've been playing online poker for over 6 years, I've had a sky poker account since 2005 but have only recently started playing poker here.

Sky's response is that my poker account wasn't in fact "new" as I already had a sky bet account.