You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay is da man!

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat

Sky Poker are lucky to have a man like Tikay!  I think we all appreciate the work Tikay does with answering posts in the community.  I know I appreciate Tikay replying to my posts and I think he has replied to countless others. 

Cheers Tikay, your da man!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    Tikay helped me BIG TIME a while ago - and is definitely a top bloke who will go out of his way to answer questions and be friendly.  Top top man
  • edited August 2009
    Yup

I have stated in many a forum thread of how hard and trelessly tikay works (I use this term loosly because tikay enjoys it so much) for poker and Sky Poker, you can always ask him questions even if they seem trivial to you, he will always answer them, he is an absolute gent at the table, always ready to chill and chat and if he gets outdrawn, or there is a loose call he will laugh it off.

I think the best way to put it is in these words: WE LOVE YOU TIKAY XXXXXXXXX

Hope hes going really red by now ;)

Take care m8 see you on the tables later.
  • edited August 2009
    Yeah he's alright I 'spose ;-)

• edited August 2009
    YES HES THE DADDY
  • edited August 2009
    100 % agree with this one. He has been great for this community. in the 2 months we have been live he has been a ever present irrepressible force! (he is also wwwwwwell ahead in the posting league table!)
  • edited August 2009
    Ross is not wrong.......

Tikay - a true gent!
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay is da man!:
    Yup I have stated in many a forum thread of how hard and trelessly tikay works (I use this term loosly because tikay enjoys it so much) for poker and Sky Poker, you can always ask him questions even if they seem trivial to you, he will always answer them, he is an absolute gent at the table, always ready to chill and chat and if he gets outdrawn, or there is a loose call he will laugh it off. I think the best way to put it is in these words: WE LOVE YOU TIKAY XXXXXXXXX Hope hes going really red by now ;) Take care m8 see you on the tables later.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well said Barry, I agree. We love you TK xxxxxxx
  • edited August 2009
    TK ur the best
  • edited August 2009
    I think TK is top bloke because, you know when he say's...

"Thats the truth"  ??......You can take it to the bank !!   er um  ..   .. WHAT !!

good man Tony :)
  • edited August 2009
    TK is da bomb! the best of the best and most of all he supports us all :)
  • edited August 2009

I have to say that tikay is genuinely a top man. Poker aside he was first class to me and my partner in vegas. On the poker side he was constantly keeping me updated on 'where i was' and given me the support and confidence to keep going.

So thanks mate, hopefully ill c him 'working' at a live tourney soon.

• edited August 2009
    i think tikay has a clone! all the work he does with sky & the forum then playing poker & doing very well with it too...
  • edited August 2009
    I have alot of respect for the guy...never met him...but he comes across a true gentleman and puts in alot for us 'punters'.  Just get my name right please tikay.
  • edited August 2009

Tikay is a Legend his tips & advice has helped my poker 100% and i thank him will look forward to meeting him in Blackpool sometime

michael
  • edited August 2009
          Tikay is a Legend his tips & advice has helped my poker 100% and i thank him 
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Same here. Him and Ed actually... For the last 600 or so games of DYM I've had their words ringing in my 'ears' at various times. 
    Maybe I'll get to buy 'em a pint one day!

• edited August 2009
    I love you tikay :) x
  • edited August 2009
    Hi

In keeping with last nights show Wat No Orford? got to admit I thought Richard would be swarming all over this thread by now, and if you do read this Richard, yes it was Chad over the wall. Oh and WELCOME BACK RICHARD.
  • edited August 2009

Thank you everybody. I'm embarrassed by this thread, really.

I could die & go to Heaven a happy chappie if Orford were to actually say something nice about me.

Anyway, ty ty ty.
  • edited August 2009
    Hi In keeping with last nights show Wat No Orford? got to admit I thought Richard would be swarming all over this thread by now, and if you do read this Richard, yes it was Chad over the wall. Oh and WELCOME BACK RICHARD.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Rich is actually a little busy right now. Just back from his jollies, his Missus has gone away for the weekend, so he's got the kids. He also has a week's worth of scripts to write for his other job - his Continuity Announcing job at Living TV - writing "Here's the next Show" is not easy, you know.

And he's working tonight. With me, Heaven help us both.

I'm gonna be on his case, big time.
  • edited August 2009
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you everybody. I'm embarrassed by this thread, really. I could die & go to Heaven a happy chappie if Orford were to actually say something nice about me. Anyway, ty ty ty.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

Had to be said, Orford saying something nice about you? think you have as much chance as a colunder has for holding water, but you never know :)

Looking forward to the show tonight, cant wait.

Take care
  • edited August 2009
    I have to agree with every sentiment said here and we the suits feel exactly the same way about tikay as you guys do. 

Personally; having worked with him for over three years now, I can say hand on heart that tikay is a true gent and represents your views fantastically well in the office, while doing an equally great job for Sky Poker.

On an interesting side note, you may or may not have noticed that tikay always spells his name with a small 't'. I've never thought to ask him why, but felt it may be a humility thing.  Maybe he can enlighten us here?  
  • edited August 2009
    going to a friend's house later who has Sky Tv and a 40 inch plasma! you can guess what double act I will have on tonight ;)!
  • edited August 2009
    I have to agree with every sentiment said here and we the suits feel exactly the same way about tikay as you guys do.  Personally; having worked with him for over three years now, I can say hand on heart that tikay is a true gent and represents your views fantastically well in the office, while doing an equally great job for Sky Poker. On an interesting side note, you may or may not have noticed that tikay always spells his name with a small 't'. I've never thought to ask him why, but felt it may be a humility thing.  Maybe he can enlighten us here?  
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Sky Des

Its really good to know how much tikay is appreciated even by his bosses, it is going to be interseting if tikay reads your thread before he goes on air tonight, because in my reakoning his face will be as red as the jacket he wears ;)

Thank you

• edited August 2009
    Orford saying something nice about you? think you have as much chance as a colunder has for holding water, but you never know :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well, I'd like to say that Tikay is not only the heart and soul of Sky Poker, who looks after eveybody from Sky Poker staff to the players themselves, but he's also a pleasure to work with, and to have around the office.

He's a lovely bloke and a very intelligent and interesting man who seems to get enjoyment from everything. He's a hugely popular man with people of all ages, a natural leader of the poker community and at the heart of it all, a major enthusiast.

And to top it all, he's brilliant on TV- what were the chances that the ambassador for Sky Poker who's just as much involved behind-the-scenes, would turn out to be a comedy legend in front of the camera who is not only highly entertaining but fantastic at putting across his poker wisdom in a light-hearted but memorable and informative way.

He doesn't take himself too seriously. In fact he's a very modest man who never gets shirty with people and has time for everyone.

Finally, he's a top mate of mine, always looking out for me, and a dream onscreen partner.

As I say, I'd LIKE to say those things, and one day I might. But in the meantime, he can XXXX off.

;)
  • edited August 2009
    Holy **** Richard you said nice stuff about him!

Did you get drunk after the show? lol
  • edited August 2009
    Hahaha, classic Orford! 

Back o' the net.

• edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Tikay is da man! : Well, I'd like to say that Tikay is not only the heart and soul of Sky Poker, who looks after eveybody from Sky Poker staff to the players themselves, but he's also a pleasure to work with, and to have around the office. He's a lovely bloke and a very intelligent and interesting man who seems to get enjoyment from everything. He's a hugely popular man with people of all ages, a natural leader of the poker community and at the heart of it all, a major enthusiast. And to top it all, he's brilliant on TV- what were the chances that the ambassador for Sky Poker who's just as much involved behind-the-scenes, would turn out to be a comedy legend in front of the camera who is not only highly entertaining but fantastic at putting across his poker wisdom in a light-hearted but memorable and informative way. He doesn't take himself too seriously. In fact he's a very modest man who never gets shirty with people and has time for everyone. Finally, he's a top mate of mine, always looking out for me, and a dream onscreen partner. As I say, I'd LIKE to say those things, and one day I might. But in the meantime, he can XXXX off. ;)
    Posted by RichOrford
    lol was waitng for the punchline

• edited August 2009
    but what about penguin ?
  • edited August 2009
    Oh dear, oh dear

It looks like this little fling with DP has upset them both, if this carrries on we'll have to send for the marriage guidance councellor ;)