You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ooops I did it again

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Sighs,

Deposited £20 quid last week to play low level dym's just for fun since lml was donig a challenge, had been playing sensible (well sensible for me anyway) and hadnt gone above the £5.50 ones. 

Last night at around 10.30 I had just over £112 in my account so had done really well, i was getting tired so didnt wanna play a tourny decided id play a little cash, saw tommy and greg on a 10p/20p omaha table so sat down with the odd 12 quid, didnt matter if i lost that would play for an hour or untill id lost it.

Second hand get kkXX flop K78 rainbow i get it all in 2 callers both on str8 draws one hits, not a problem kind of annoyed it only lasted 2 hands but i didnt mind losing it, was close to reloading but knew id end up losing my roll so quickly left the table.

Sat there twiddling my thumbs decided to take a look at vegas, went on the virtual racing and lost the £100 I had left in around 5 minutes :( Just wish id stayed at the omaha table and lost my money to gregg or tommy at least they're decent blokes.

I keep on doing it and have no idea why or any idea how to stop myself, i keep turning £20 into £100 so you'd think id be happy keep doing what id been doing in the first place. Im sooo piissed of witv myself right now, idplanned on having a real crack at lml's challenge today, ive got the whole day pretty mcuh to myself so was it was gunna be a day of poker poker poker, i could go bank and deposit but whats the point ill only have a blow out by the end of the day.

I woke up this morning with the intention of banning myself, but im addicted to the forum to much, and i wanna keep up with how the guys in vegas are doing.

Does anyone have any advice at all on how to stop doing this to myself? I know i could be a winning player at the lower levels if I had any self controll.

Sorry for the long post thanks for reading

Gareth

Comments

• edited July 2010

Get to the bank lad !!!

The only way is to withdraw the money when u win it and only keep £20 in ur account at any 1 time.

U shud have gone on skybet instead of skyvegas and had £100 worth of lucky 15 on the tele today! That cud pay huge!!!

Neway - sounds like u have a good day set up, so another £20 donation wont hurt!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Ooops I did it again:
    Get to the bank lad !!! The only way is to withdraw the money when u win it and only keep £20 in ur account at any 1 time. U shud have gone on skybet instead of skyvegas and had £100 worth of lucky 15 on the tele today! That cud pay huge!!! Neway - sounds like u have a good day set up, so another £20 donation wont hurt!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

It's a fine thing when you've got the whole day free for poker. I know your mad with yourself at the minute but I'd be straight down bank with £20 and playing £2 dyms all day long and having a crack at LML's challenge. Nottingham seat up for grabs, they're worth about £250 aren't they? Crack on ....
  • edited July 2010
    Deposit £20 quid for your games Today. Then follow these instructions below.

In internet Explorer -
    Click on Tools / Internet Options / Click on the Security Tab / Highlight Restricted Sites / Click on Sites / Type in http://www.skyvegas.com then click Add Site. This will block the vegas site in your browser.

Next time you try to go to sky vegas it won't open. This is a temporary measure and can be removed in the same way, but at least it will remind you that you should not be blowing your poker bankroll on vegas.

Hope This Helps.
  • edited July 2010

Hi m8, this sure is a problem for you.

Why not try this. Set your deposit limit to £20 per day. Whenever you have a win withdraw it to your debit/credit card and keep your £20 float. Rinse and repeat every time you have a win. It will cost you in transfer fees but at least the balance is in your account and it reduces the amount you can lose on Sky Vegas to £20 in any 24 hour period.

Use Pokertrevs idea too and hopefully you will start to build.

edit: Just realised this is more or less Dohhh's idea too.

• edited July 2010
    Stick to poker and stay off the gambling sites. Seems your problem is with general gambling and not
    BR management.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Guys,

Cant go to the bank they close at 12 around here, my bank account I have set up to this account i always keep empty so when I have a blow out I cant lose more than whats in my account.

Cheers trev will do that, Im lazy so if im wanting to play vegas and its blocked it may just stop me.

Mohican my brm is normally very poor if i have £40 in my account ill play a £33 dym, done well with it the past week tho.

Pretty sad if I have to withdraw everytime i win something but guess your both right (dohhh & elsa), think next time i stick some in everytiem i get above £50 ill start withdrawing.

Just played the freeroll and won 85p for 80 minutes work lol watch this space by tonight ill have £20 either that or be broke :)

Gareth
  • edited July 2010

I have been hinting for a while you have some serious problems.

• edited July 2010
    i do the same 35.... but i blow mine through poker... il build  £20 into 100 then if i lose a £5 dym i chase it back and then play £11dym and so on and so on... 3 or 4 losses in a row and ive done my roll....

wgat i do now is what doooohhhhhh said earlier... only leave £22 in my account at any time and withdraw the rest
  • edited July 2010
    Play Rich Orford when he's on his Sky account
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Ooops I did it again:
    Play Rich Orford when he's on his Sky account
    Posted by SoLack
    lmao
  • edited July 2010
    Next time video yourself losing your money and pulling your 'i'm sick i've just done my dough face'. Then replay that to yourself every time you think about being tempted to do non poker gambling. Sorted :)