You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WPT qualifiers

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Just been watching the video where Tikay interviewing Mike Sexton (spelling i may appoligise if it it wrong) and he mentions about players qualifying for the WPT on another website and "hopefully" a few others.

Just thinking wouldnt this be a good opportunity for Sky to pick up their live qualifiers a little bit. It seems to me that on Sky alot of players play online with Sky as their only or main site as well as smaller live events and apart from really the SPT and the WSOP main event theres not many qualifiers for live events here.

So what would you guys say if the suits would agree to it and even get a couple of seats for these events.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    the question should be why is there no land based torns 2 qaulify for????.... i think the answer will be not enough demand as they dont even fill out the spt sats which is a joke imo. ive tried 2 sat in the spt but the £5 sat never gets enough runners..... we need a big revamp with the sats imo
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WPT qualifiers:
    the question should be why is there no land based torns 2 qaulify for????.... i think the answer will be not enough demand as they dont even fill out the spt sats which is a joke imo. ive tried 2 sat in the spt but the £5 sat never gets enough runners..... we need a big revamp with the sats imo
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    I can understand this, they dont fill the SPT purley because its Sky only tournament and no offence sky its not really that big on the poker stage. Where as the WPT, WSOP, WSOP-E, EPT etc all are and have multiple sites qulaifying for them, as a result they will likley fill out.

People attract to these types of competitions, not only would it make them a fair amount of money just based on the buy in fee of the tournaments but also if they win it may get a player noticed, which would allow them to play one the circuit easier.

Just an idea. Also i agree why is there no land based tournaments to qualify for.
  • edited July 2010
    m8 i totally agree... they dont even have 2 put up a garentee just the torn with well thought out sats 4 it imo. like a 4 or 5 tier sats system where it hopefully enters every1s bankroll
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: WPT qualifiers:
    m8 i totally agree... they dont even have 2 put up a garentee just the torn with well thought out sats 4 it imo. like a 4 or 5 tier sats system where it hopefully enters every1s bankroll
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Yea start them off at £1 and work up to the big ones.