You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multitabling

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys of late i went down to a BR of £9.50 and decided to try multitabling to build it back up. I felt i had nothing to lose. So decided well my S&G figures currently sit in negitives so lets multi table DYM's and try get that back positive.

If all went well it would be great to work towards Lisa Marie's challenge too. So with £9.50 i started 3 tables.

£5.50 - Cashed
£2.25 - Failed
£1.15 - Cashed

Hadnt gone perfect, had my AK rivered on the bubble on te £2.25 one by A5, 3 on the river for a 5 high straight, all the money in pre. Wasnt too bad as i was still up to £12. So loaded up 4 this time.

£5.50 - Cashed
£3.30 - Cashed
£2.25 - Cashed
£1.15 - Failed

Up to £20 done a couple of other sit and goes single tabling to pass time for a bit and went down to £14. However loaded up 5 tables.

£5.50 - Cashed
£3.30 - Cashed
£2.25 - Cashed
£1.15 - Cashed
£0.30 - Cashed

Very sucsessful session there, cashing in all 5 was a massive bonus, the 30p one had only been done to pass time till the start of the rest since i was the only person in them. Unfortunetly by the time it had loaded they had all filled. I done a couple of BH tournaments at £2.30 and lost 2 cashed in one, £24.50 was where i was sitting (woohoo two pound up for  hours work) so decided back to the multitabling. Loaded 2 tables.

£5.50 - Cashed
£2.25 - Failed

A little disappointing. One boy was all in everytime it was my BB on the bubble for 6 times round, id been picking chips elsewhere but because of it i was lowish stacked, 200 short of that opponent and picked up JJ unfortunetly on this occassion he had a hand and it was AK, A on the turn ended it, broke a small profit for the half hour though. Took a break again as i was treating each multitabling as a small session. Came back on and loaded up 3 tables.

£5.50 - Cashed
£3.30 - Cashed
£2.25 - Cashed

A positive session none the less, and stands currently as my last one, ill have one more tonight before bed. Id got a little bit of bad luck followed by good luck in the £2.25 one which was the final one to finnish. I was sitting with AA on the BB, UTG shoves for 700 with 5 players left. Dealer -1 calls, i dont really want to be 3 way with Aces even in a DYM so i re-pop it all in. The last opponent calls. Turns out i had them both covered by 1300 chips, UTG shows 88, Dealer -1 shows KK and i show AA for a 3 way cooler. With a 6710 flop i needed to dodge 8,9 or K and the 8 on the river seen UTG treble up. However next hand on SB with KJ on a Jack high flop the same opponent whod had 88 shoved i called and she showed J8. The king stayed good and i was only a couple of hundred chips short of where i had been.

However i dont want to really discuss hands here, but what do people think of this as a strategy of re-building a bankroll. Obviously with the stakes im playing its almost 100% important for the £5.50 to cash however if that fails i need the rest really to break even. However i want to work up so id have a £22, £16.50, £11 and £5.50 running.

I understand it can work both ways, and i know i had 100% BR in play at the start, however the rewards are good. However at the same time the risk is high. I can lose more but also gain more. I know a number of players do this with Cash tables, and instead of playing opponents like a single tbale player does, they play their own game.

Ive played very tight on all tables, and between 3-5 tables its very rare ive found that you go more than a blind level without a premium hand, this is where i make my chips and i fold the rest. Pretty standard stuff, but something that appears to be very affective in the DYM;s cooler preventing.

My previous problem was, playing the man often got boring. Id get bored waiting of my opportunity to slap a tight player, or take all a maniacs chips. So with more tables running im never thinking about the man, well sometimes but rarley am i ever worring about it, ill think about what ive seen in the past when ive folded on all tables, but that only affects the highest buy in table more than the rest.

So what does everyone else think about this as a strategy to winning poker or is it a fast track to selling my PC on ebay to pay for poker.

Comments

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Don, I think I've seen you make similar posts before.....you can't build a sustainable BR with anywhere near 100% of it in play at any one time!! If you have some spare money to spend and are just using poker as a hobby then fair enough, but if you're actually serious about making money from poker and want to improve your game then you really have to learn proper BRM before you do anything else. If you have a BR of £9, then you can't afford to be going any higher than the 60p dym's. But tbf the rake at the micro level dym's makes it very hard to make a profit anyway. I think your best option is to start with about £80 and 2 table 4NL cash and build your way up that way, but if you are really keen to stick with it with the dym's then you would need a BR of at least £100 before you consider playing the £5.50 games (and more than this if you want to multi-table).

Fwiw because these games are mind-numbingly boring and reward very nitty play I used to multi-table as many as my laptop could handle (which was about 6-8 I think), and I wouldn't bother with reads either as they are nowhere near as important as in cash games. But only do this many when you're rolled for it otherwise I fear you will be going broke very soon.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for the feedback i went back down to £29 in that last session last night. Nothing to serious, KK v AK A on flop (all money in pre) and A3 on A39 flop v AQ running 4's to make Q kicker good again.  
  • edited July 2010
    tl;dr, cliffs?

dont Multi table(5+ tables) unless you are good enough to beat the level you are playing at for a good sample size, the whole point at the micros is to learn poker so you can quickly move up where the money matters a bit more. Multi tabling does not acheive this, the more tables you play the less of an edge you have.

plus your sample size above means nothing.
  • edited July 2010
    100% record on £5.50's....stick to these
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Multitabling:
    100% record on £5.50's....stick to these
    Posted by diablo_pez
    That ended last night. Ill show a quick breif of last nights session not done any today due to the Grand Prix and the WC so no games today i dont expect.

£5.50 - Failed
    £3.30 - Failed
    £2.25 - Failed
    £5.50 - Cashed

I felt this was just one of those sessions where it either goes perfectly correctly or terribly badly. On the first fail on the £5.50 i got KK under the gun, raised 6x BB and hadnt actually played a hand (exceot for BB) so had starting chip stack of 2000. SB re-raised. I didnt believe he had aces and shoved, he instant called and showed Ace King, which i felt was a bit of a loose call cause i felt id represented at least aces or kings. However first card out was an Ace and that was the end of that. The £3.30 one i picked up Jacks second hand, A high flop with two opponents in the hand i as forced to fold, they both ended up all in and both had AK. Then around 5 hands later i picked up QQ and the same two opponenets called my strong raise very similar to that id done with the JJ, 478 flop and i decided to end the hand here as the pot would leave me with my target of 3000. One called and showed Ak and the K hit the turn. the £2.25 one was just a disaster. I picked up nothing and got blinded down. Eventually with blinds 100/200 i had around 1200 left and shoved on the button with J10, unfortunetly on this occassion the BB had KK and my blind stealing plan was foiled.

The other £5.50 table however was a very delightful experiance. KQ was the main differance, 2 callers to a raise pre, flopped and up and down bet out and hit the 9, followed by the Ace. I managed to end up all in with a caller and that left my opponent with 50 chips. Thanks to one idiot re-raising pre flop she did manage to get back up to 800. Id folded A9, 55 and 88 to his re-raise everytime she went all in. The first one she showed AJ he showed A8, 8 high straight on the board which meant my A9 would have been good however i decided i stood by my fold as i was still behind to the AJ when the money went in. The next was my 55. He re-raised again, this time showing A2 against her 910, 10 and a 5 on the flop meant she doubled up again but my trips would have taken her. The third time seen the opponent re-raise i had 88 and would have called this time if it wasnt for a third opponent going all in over the top. This time however the idiot did have the hand in JJ and took both out. After one bad call later i managed to put myself back into the danager zone stupidly. However i spotted the weakest player on the table was to my left, she was also the next shortest and decided her blinds where there to be stolen, and it worked everytime. Did help that id been all in 3 or 4 hands in a row previously and had shown AJ, AJ, AK and AA so it was possibly believable i was only doing it with stronger whole cards than she had, although i think a good player would eventually suss it out. However she went and id cashed. All in all a poor session however it did show me not to get to commited with KK, QQ and JJ, as well as be wary of when to steal the blinds.

So ive lost my 100% at £5.50 although i think cashing still has a clear hold of Failed in most games. I would like to get 4 £5.50 games on the go at once however i find that difficult.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : That ended last night. Ill show a quick breif of last nights session not done any today due to the Grand Prix and the WC so no games today i dont expect. £5.50 - Failed £3.30 - Failed £2.25 - Failed £5.50 - Cashed I felt this was just one of those sessions where it either goes perfectly correctly or terribly badly. On the first fail on the £5.50 i got KK under the gun, raised 6x BB and hadnt actually played a hand (exceot for BB) so had starting chip stack of 2000. SB re-raised. I didnt believe he had aces and shoved, he instant called and showed Ace King, which i felt was a bit of a loose call cause i felt id represented at least aces or kings. However first card out was an Ace and that was the end of that. The £3.30 one i picked up Jacks second hand, A high flop with two opponents in the hand i as forced to fold, they both ended up all in and both had AK. Then around 5 hands later i picked up QQ and the same two opponenets called my strong raise very similar to that id done with the JJ, 478 flop and i decided to end the hand here as the pot would leave me with my target of 3000. One called and showed Ak and the K hit the turn. the £2.25 one was just a disaster. I picked up nothing and got blinded down. Eventually with blinds 100/200 i had around 1200 left and shoved on the button with J10, unfortunetly on this occassion the BB had KK and my blind stealing plan was foiled. The other £5.50 table however was a very delightful experiance. KQ was the main differance, 2 callers to a raise pre, flopped and up and down bet out and hit the 9, followed by the Ace. I managed to end up all in with a caller and that left my opponent with 50 chips. Thanks to one idiot re-raising pre flop she did manage to get back up to 800. Id folded A9, 55 and 88 to his re-raise everytime she went all in. The first one she showed AJ he showed A8, 8 high straight on the board which meant my A9 would have been good however i decided i stood by my fold as i was still behind to the AJ when the money went in. The next was my 55. He re-raised again, this time showing A2 against her 910, 10 and a 5 on the flop meant she doubled up again but my trips would have taken her. The third time seen the opponent re-raise i had 88 and would have called this time if it wasnt for a third opponent going all in over the top. This time however the idiot did have the hand in JJ and took both out. After one bad call later i managed to put myself back into the danager zone stupidly. However i spotted the weakest player on the table was to my left, she was also the next shortest and decided her blinds where there to be stolen, and it worked everytime. Did help that id been all in 3 or 4 hands in a row previously and had shown AJ, AJ, AK and AA so it was possibly believable i was only doing it with stronger whole cards than she had, although i think a good player would eventually suss it out. However she went and id cashed. All in all a poor session however it did show me not to get to commited with KK, QQ and JJ, as well as be wary of when to steal the blinds. So ive lost my 100% at £5.50 although i think cashing still has a clear hold of Failed in most games. I would like to get 4 £5.50 games on the go at once however i find that difficult.
    Posted by The_Don90
    you lost an all-in pre-flop KK vs AK! and you lost with QQ's on a 8 high flop to a guy who hit a k on the turn! why does that show you not to get to commited to these hands? you were ahead both times just unlucky!  
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : you lost an all-in pre-flop KK vs AK! and you lost with QQ's on a 8 high flop to a guy who hit a k on the turn! why does that show you not to get to commited to these hands? you were ahead both times just unlucky!  
    Posted by Eagle26
    Yes i know that but i mean i maybe overvalued them a little, for example with the AK v KK one i raise he re-raises, i shove. I could have called and folded to the Ace on the flop. hindsight however i did get my money in good which im happy with.
  • edited July 2010
    1. I don't think you should raise 6x with KK, unlikely to get action and you really wna be keeping your raise sizes the same imo.

2. Calling an all in with AK is not a loose call, but in a dym would depend on sooo many factors.

3. How could you represent 'at least aces or kings' there is no better hand preflop! And why were you not repping AK or QQ?

4. Don't aim to end a hand when you have the best hand, aim to maximise your profit.

5. Don't have a target chip stack, too much fuss, just accumulate chips for the later shove fold stages so you can survive a coin flip.

6. DO get committed with big hands, DON'T be results orientated.

I think there are some serious flaws in your general reasoning as you have posted a ton of hands. I think you need to listen more and try to understand the game better.

Bankroll wise your plan is terrible. Put some money in, play the lowest level you can beat, dyms, 4nl, whatever you want. But just use a 20BI rule, even if you have to play 30p dyms then do that, you need to learn a lot.
  • edited July 2010

1. I don't think you should raise 6x with KK, unlikely to get action and you really wna be keeping your raise sizes the same imo. 2. Calling an all in with AK is not a loose call, but in a dym would depend on sooo many factors. 3. How could you represent 'at least aces or kings' there is no better hand preflop! And why were you not repping AK or QQ? 4. Don't aim to end a hand when you have the best hand, aim to maximise your profit. 5. Don't have a target chip stack, too much fuss, just accumulate chips for the later shove fold stages so you can survive a coin flip. 6. DO get committed with big hands, DON'T be results orientated. I think there are some serious flaws in your general reasoning as you have posted a ton of hands. I think you need to listen more and try to understand the game better. Bankroll wise your plan is terrible. Put some money in, play the lowest level you can beat, dyms, 4nl, whatever you want. But just use a 20BI rule, even if you have to play 30p dyms then do that, you need to learn a lot.
    Posted by BlackFish3

exactly what i was thinkin! sorry Don dont wanna sound harsh but you post more hands on this forum than anybody else combined--which is great if you wanna learn! but from what ive seen you never seem to listen to a single thing anybody tells you. loads of top players on here have offered you great advice, and spent loads of time replying to your posts you say at the time that your taking on board what ppl say to u but 10mins later there is another hand posted where your doing or saying exactly the same thing.

Im no where near qualified to criticize your game as im completly average myself but i use the clinic to post a few hands and give my opinions on others so i can learn from the better players if im right in what im doing/saying. i genuinely believe you want to learn but you have to LISTEN more to the better players. i read somewhere about your bankroll strategy putting all or most of it down at one time over 5 different valued dym tables? do you honestly believe this is good? imo u should be playing 1 table trying to understand the game better before you even consider multitabling and the theory of putting all your bankroll down in one sitting is crackers! you have been given advice in the past from many top players on here about your bankroll management maybe u should go back to those threads and read them properly . anyways once again sorry if that comes across as harsh but ive been biting my tongue for a while. gl.

• edited July 2010
    1. I don't think you should raise 6x with KK, unlikely to get action and you really wna be keeping your raise sizes the same imo. 2. Calling an all in with AK is not a loose call, but in a dym would depend on sooo many factors. 3. How could you represent 'at least aces or kings' there is no better hand preflop! And why were you not repping AK or QQ? 4. Don't aim to end a hand when you have the best hand, aim to maximise your profit. 5. Don't have a target chip stack, too much fuss, just accumulate chips for the later shove fold stages so you can survive a coin flip. 6. DO get committed with big hands, DON'T be results orientated. I think there are some serious flaws in your general reasoning as you have posted a ton of hands. I think you need to listen more and try to understand the game better. Bankroll wise your plan is terrible. Put some money in, play the lowest level you can beat, dyms, 4nl, whatever you want. But just use a 20BI rule, even if you have to play 30p dyms then do that, you need to learn a lot.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Not wanting to critise i understand your reasoning here, however from the above, i think it shows, and history has proven that im better at £5.50 level. I struggle at the lower buy ins.

I know my BR management isnt the best, however im working on that.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : Not wanting to critise i understand your reasoning here, however from the above, i think it shows, and history has proven that im better at £5.50 level. I struggle at the lower buy ins. I know my BR management isnt the best, however im working on that.
    Posted by The_Don90
    NO HISTORY ETC HAS NOT PROVEN ANYTHING HERE... SAMPLE SIZE!!!!!!! Play 1000 games and then say that you are better at 5.50 games than lower buy ins. Play 30p dyms or 4nl and beat that before you play higher. Jeeeez, you say you are working on BR management but you just don't listen.
  • edited July 2010
    history? lol play 1000 games and see if your up, 5 is nothing hardly a sample size.

I could take a shot at 500nl and beat it for one session if I cooler somone wit AA vs KK. That dont mean Im the best at that level and should play there as a reg.

• edited July 2010
    What i mean is use my sharkscope for example. At first i went down massive, this was playing only 30p DYM's since i went to £5.50 ive made a profit in them.

Cash i struggle with im first to admit, BR management ok its extremely poor. However i dont feel comfortable at 30p DYM's, not only does the rake make it hard to play players, but also the quality of the play i find extremely frustrating.

Ok im not a great player, fully granted, however ive always prefered playing against better players. I not only feel happy but i also feel more at ease. I can play tight poker as well as using table image, something that just doesnt happen at the lower levels.

Yes ive not played 1000 games at either £5.50 or 30p. Not on Sky anyways, ive played alot on live and other sites, and around 700-800 games in total on Sky. Im a better live player than i am online, fully confessed maybe alot of this is BR management. Unfortunetly it costs me a £10 bus to get anywhere near a decent non-league game which affects roll aswel and isnt something i can do every day of the week.

However i cant afford to put alot into my Sky Poker account, its my favored site however as many know im unemployed, i live off £70 a week, thats to get food, pay bills and keep a roll going when times are tough. I had a strong BR until the start of June since then its been catch up. As a result its hard to keep a decent BR.
  • edited July 2010
    You need much bigger sample size to decide that £5.50 level are where you're best...some of your reasoning on hands/situations seem quite flawed (if you're not going to over value KK pre flop, when are you) so without sounding harsh, it could be more luck than judgement that you're winning more at that level! I would suggest playing £1.15 tables (multi table two at most if that's what you want) and focusing on the game more...it's not perfect BRM by any means but it's an improvement and as others suggested, you can concentrate on improving and thinking about your game! When you start beating these regularly (over period of months, not hours) move up to next level but always remember to play sensible amounts of tables and buy in levels! 

30p and 60p DYM's are pretty pointless in my opinion which is why I'd start playing above that - these levels in particular encourage poor poker so your game's not going to improve when your opponents think "it's only 30p" so playing at levels where your opponents do care for their buy in, you've actually got challenge and puzzles to solve! £1.15 gives something to focus on whilst offering decent amount of money to win so you won't get bored/complacent as it's worth winning..you can still play tight but know there's bit more "going on" so actually learning! Does that make sense? We're not trying to pick on you here...try and take on board what's been said and start making steady and considered improvements, with decent long term plan in mind! 
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    You obviously want to be able to make some extra cash from poker, but you're better off not playing at all rather than playing at levels you aren't rolled for. Tbh if you can't grasp this there isn't much point in you posting hands because good brm is the most important thing to learn first.
  • edited July 2010
    Sngs... uve played 316 and are 37 bucks down (cant be bothered to convert to £)... something is obviously wrong. I dont think you appreciate the sort of sample size you need to get any accurate data... ill give you a hint, its a lot larger than 316 games.

I can't understand why you would want to play against better players, that's one hell of a -EV choice!!!!!!

If you can't afford to put a lot into ya sky account then why are you playing £5.50 dyms?! road to busto.

Just listen to people!!!!

Play a 20BI rule minimum, play the lowest stakes, learn to crush them.
  • edited July 2010
    You need much bigger sample size to decide that £5.50 level are where you're best...some of your reasoning on hands/situations seem quite flawed (if you're not going to over value KK pre flop, when are you) so without sounding harsh, it could be more luck than judgement that you're winning more at that level! I would suggest multi tabling two £1.15/£2.25 tables and focusing on the game more...it's not perfect BRM but it's an improvement and as others suggested, you can concentrate on improving and thinking about your game! When you start beating these regularly (over period of weeks and months, not hours and days) move up to next level but always remember to play sensible amounts of tables and buy in levels!  30p and 60p DYM's are pretty pointless in my opinion which is why I'd start playing above that - the smallest levels in particular encourage poor poker so your game's not going to improve when your opponents think "it's only 30p" so playing at levels where your opponents do care for their buy in, you've actually got challenge and puzzles to solve! Multi tabling those levels I mentioned gives something to focus on whilst offering decent amount of money to win so you won't get bored/complacent as it's worth winning! Does that make sense? We're not trying to pick on you here...try and take on board what's been said and start making steady and considered improvements, with decent long term plan in mind! 
    Posted by Action_Dan
    Thanks Dan.

I know what your saying and i fully respect it. I agree about the 30p and 60p levels. Thats why i struggle with them as much, lets face it im not the best at recovering from 1 or 2 bad beats. I have a terrible rep for going on tilt.

Im strong MTT and i know that but even then i cash in around 1 in 5, win 1 in 20. As a result with my current BR i can really afford to take that risk that i hit that 1 in 20.
  • edited July 2010
    Sngs... uve played 316 and are 37 bucks down (cant be bothered to convert to £)... something is obviously wrong. I dont think you appreciate the sort of sample size you need to get any accurate data... ill give you a hint, its a lot larger than 316 games. I can't understand why you would want to play against better players, that's one hell of a -EV choice!!!!!! If you can't afford to put a lot into ya sky account then why are you playing £5.50 dyms?! road to busto. Just listen to people!!!! Play a 20BI rule minimum, play the lowest stakes, learn to crush them.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    May i ask did you look at the graph?
  • edited July 2010
    Looked at normal graph, then changed it to sngs only because mtts are just lucky donkaments :)
  • edited July 2010
    Hey Don...ok this is how i started a few months ago on here playing DYM's.
    I put in £150 too start with and hubby gave me targets (I work better with targets - stops me chasing losses on levels I can't afford and am not ready for)

I had choices of playing with the following:
    Very Slow = 100 buy ins.
    Slow = 50 buy ins.
    Med/Slow = 40 buy ins.
    Med = 30 buy ins.
    ...then the next option was fast..then mad which i havnt put down!

I picked Med/Slow 40 buy ins and had to follow the following!

bankroll £100,    £2 dym till u reach £120  

bankroll £120,    £3 dym till u reach £200  

bankroll £200,    £5 dym till u reach £400

bankroll £400    £10 dym till u reach £800 

bankroll £1000   £20 dym till u reach £2000 - this is your starting bankroll for
    trying to earn money.

Obviously you have to change it to suit you but I find having to follow something written down helps stop you chasing losses.
    I am now on £500 bit but do not feel happy enough to move to the £10dym's so I'm sticking on £5 until I reach a minimum of £800 as it gives me more of a buffer zone if I have a loosing run.

If I drop to £200 I have to go back to £3 dym...no choice!
    If I drop to £100 I have to go back to £2 dym...no choice!
    I dont want to but I will If I have to as it is a more stable way of clawing my way back without having to reload.

As your bankroll is smaller maybe you should try the 50 buys in structure...work it out, write it down and stick to it like GLUE!!!

I know you can do this if you have a target for yourself and dont chase losses or flitter between levels.
    I had my worst run when I got bored and jumped levels...hense me being put on a strict target list, but it does work...HONEST!!! If nothing else it takes the pressure off knowing what to play next.
    If you decide to do cash try to set out a similar target list so that you can comfortably play.

ps, I know how you feel...i HATED the lower levels but my hubby refused to let me move up until I reached my target! lol

gl Don x

• edited July 2010
    What stakes does your husband play banana?
  • edited July 2010
    he plays more or less same as me but reads loads about poker! lol
  • edited July 2010
    Blackfish my MTT graph makes up for a horrible S&G graph, its been in negative since really day one. Until i started moving up the stakes till i felt comfortable it was actually -£82 at one point. I use sharkscope set to £'s rather than dollars so not 100% sure what that would be exhanged.

However Over the last 2 months it shows a steady increase, the odd deacrease.

Bananadog i fully understand what your saying i have a set target of £200 before moving up to £10 DYM's. I had a shot of them while my BR was strong. I think thats a 20BI standard. And i managed to compete well the problem i had then was i changed my game too much, the exact same problem i have in the main event MTT's, i dont play a Don game if that make sence. Instead i play overly basic poker focusing on cashing. This is something i wanted to get rid of hense playing with a huge amount of my BR here.

I cant afford to deposit anywhere near £150 (that would take me around 2 months to do at my budget per fortnight).

As much as worring about cashing is a massive problem for me, i need to get over this fear and think it doesnt matter, i play better poker when i do that, rather than trying to fold into the cash. So i thought a small BR situation was a good way to experiment this, alot of people disagree and i fully understand why.

Ive been working on small parts of my game of late, tilting was the big one, which ive now removed 90% of. Im now working on consistantly playing my own game no matter of buy in level. Next stop is pure BR management. I want to develop into a good player, this is partly why i crave playing good players, also my strenth is playing against good players so this helps. However i do struggle against players who just dont really care less, i get frustrated. This is part of my game i need to work on.

As a result ive maybe focused on improving to much, having a dream of doing well, blinded by being an idiot. Ive got a similar check book to yours, although instead of profit its all about improving my game, working table position, working the tilting, working betting, table image all that kind of stuff, and ive put BR management far too low into the ground.

Back to the drawing board i thinks.
  • edited July 2010
    lol Don, no probs mate, just thought I'd pop down what im doing incase it was useful to you or anyone else as I dont work well when I dont know what to play.
    My target list also had more stuff on but I've simplified it for on here...I had a minimum number of games to play and also a hit rate percentage and timeline so that I had a better idea of how many i need to cash in and how long (approx) it would take me to get to the next level on each as I get very impatient otherwise and am then tempted to play too high.
    On PKR I started with $20....I'm not suggesting you try to find £150 at all, it's more of an idea how to write things down for people who prefer to follow a guideline but to be changed to suit different bankrolls.
    Anyhoo good luck...I gotta take the kids to school now...oh its wayyyyyy to early!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    I can understand where you are coming from with the 30p/60p DYM's. Besides cash - 2p/4p (which I am taking a break from after a couple of days of running bad - bad play and losing races) they are the ones I play. They can be a bit of a donk fest at times, but sometimes you get a table who seem more interested in trying to win and so take a more measured response to raises,etc.
    I would love to play the higher DYM's and have probably got the roll for £1's, but I want to get the roll well into 3 figures before I do. That may be very tight but I've only played for 10 months and only started to come good the last couple of months.
    I enjoy playing but want to improve, but as I can't deposit much, I am "hoarding" my roll as much as possible until I can afford the higher levels. I see the time spent where I am as a (necesary) learning experience, no matter how long it takes and no matter how "bad" the hits are. People get lucky and patience is necessary, especially in cash.
    I found the Orford bankroll challenges very helpful in terms of giving me a target. It helped focus me and, strangely enough, almost coincided with a good run in cash. Taking on board people's comments also helped (especially Irishrover's thread - thanks again Irish!) hence the break from cash.

Good luck