You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QQ utg facing 3bet from blinds

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
What do you think.  Villain is definitely one of the better regs at this level imo....how do you proceed ?
Tonik Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £30.92
oioioi Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £35.38
bodrumlu Big blind  £0.30 £0.75 £10.05
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

OMahonyO Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £30.03
IRONZ Fold     
bodrumlu Fold     
BLUE988 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £145.75
Tonik Call  £1.35 £5.10 £29.57
oioioi Raise  £6.30 £11.40 £29.08

Comments

• edited July 2010
    totally villain dependant so as you gave no reads i'll flip an imaginary coin and the result said shove
  • edited July 2010
    standard sqeeze spot imo, 4bet get it in
  • edited July 2010

majority of the time ill just shove here but it is totally opponent dependant, you say the villian is a good regular so obviously you have notes on him. it does look like a squeeze- so unless my notes on the villian are 'mouse' i think i shove.

• edited July 2010
    Fold. You can find better spots imo
  • edited July 2010
    if you say he's a reg its safe to assume at best you're up against AK. I dont give credit for people squeezing at this level hardly ever 

its ship or fold but id prefer fold
  • edited July 2010
    When you say he's one of the better regs at this level, does that make it possible that he's a squeezer here? If so, I would 4bet and be happy enough.
  • edited July 2010
    I thought it would be too risky for someone to squeeze there, and as lynx said, I think its pretty rare at this level.  I folded. Upon me pestering, villain told me later that I had made a good fold as he had KK, but I never saw so there you go.  I decided to believe him to keep my tilt in check.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: QQ utg facing 3bet from blinds:
    When you say he's one of the better regs at this level, does that make it possible that he's a squeezer here? If so, I would 4bet and be happy enough.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I know the villain in the hand, and he has a very very tricky game- he's like a kung fu nit, he has moves, and is definitely capable of squeezing here.

But he also knows that people know he can, so sizing the raise/squeeze, to look like a squeeze, may well be in his mind.

Under-rated player, but he does get dealt AA an insane amount of times, so against him, I dnt mind folding here and giving him a couple of quid rather than a stack.
  • edited July 2010
    errrr not sure about this thread, i'm either continuing through a mini re-raise or by flat calling and playing pokers. don't really like shoving esp not folding!
  • edited July 2010
    i dont care how tricky you say people are at nl30, when the BB 3bets an UTG open (who has opened to 5x) he's always strong, especially when he makes it 21bbs with 100bb effective. id imagine you have almost 0 FE so it depends whether he can have AK then do some math