You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stack off hand ranges vs maniac vs solid reg.....

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Ok, this hand was an interesting one, the villain whose ID I have hidden for obvious reasons was/is a complete maniac, and I mean complete.  I have never seen anything like what he does, not even prob at nl4.  Huge pf raises with nothing, bet raising all in with bottom pair...he was insane.  At one point he was sitting with over £400 on this table.  The amount of badbeats he was dishing out would make you cry.

I had got my initial £40 stack up to about £120, then vs him I lo
Aleco Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £282.29
torres215 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £39.60
  Your hole cards

freechips1 Raise  £1.60 £2.20 £244.00
swiper Fold     
OMahonyO Call  £1.60 £3.80 £37.80
raoulmoat Raise  £2.80 £6.60 £147.97
Aleco Call  £2.60 £9.20 £279.69
torres215 Fold     
freechips1 Raise  £21.20 £30.40 £222.80
OMahonyO All-in  £37.80 £68.20 £0.00
raoulmoat Raise  £56.60 £124.80 £91.37
Aleco Fold     
freechips1 All-in  £222.80 £347.60 £0.00
raoulmoat All-in  £91.37 £438.97 £0.00
freechips1 Unmatched bet  £94.83 £344.14 £94.83
freechips1 Show
  • A
  • A

OMahonyO Show

raoulmoat Show

Flop

Turn

River

OMahonyO Win Four 10s £120.76  £120.76
freechips1 Win Flush to the Ace £221.58  £316.41
st it, not to badbeat it was my jj vs kk, but from what i was seeing, jj was the nuts pre.  After that, I had prob reloaded 3-4 times, couple of those was gettin it in pre vs him and being ahead but him hitting.

As you can imagine, the table dynamics was not standard, ppl were calling/raising very light vs him.

Knowing this, and knowing that freechips knows how wide his range is, I was thinking there was a half decent chance I`m ahead, and that freechips wants me out of the way, so he can get this pot hu against this loony, knowing that whatever he is holding is prob well ahead of loonys range, and reppin massive strength to get me to fold.

There is the background.  Do you stack off with tens here.  Obv, I got super lucky, but thats not the point.  I have since discussed this hand with freechips, and he would also like me to post this.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I dunno what happened to the text here, but it is readable, in 2 halves for some reason
  • edited July 2010

the £21 re-raise from freechips is quite a big clue that your 10's are no good. simple fold imo. nice pot though! lol lovin the name change of the villian mahony :-)

• edited July 2010
    LOL! - topical edit, Mahony! ;)
  • edited July 2010
    the guy was a suicidal maniac, what can i say
  • edited July 2010

we spoke earlyer about this hand and to see villan had 6,2 is no suprise at all.
    i was more than happy to get it all in pre vs this guy with 88+ A,10, sat 300bb deep.
    i had lost 10 buyin on this table to this guy he was so lucky it was unreal, good job the 4th spade came on the river.
    Do i call with tens? No, QQ or AK deffo in this spot, JJ im unsure i prob say f it and put it in.

• edited July 2010
    freechips is a nit, when he makes it 21 you can very easily fold. Unless of course you knew you'd flop quads ldo
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Stack off hand ranges vs maniac vs solid reg.....:
    freechips is a nit, when he makes it 21 you can very easily fold. Unless of course you knew you'd flop quads ldo
    Posted by beaneh
    its spewy nit to you mr
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by beaneh

With the dynamics as they were at this table, I can assure you freechips was not being a nit.  When I first joined I saw freechips stack off with AJ vs raouls 78 aipf.  As I had just sat, I thought freechips had lost his mind, but it didnt take long to realise why he was calling off with hands like this.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Stack off hand ranges vs maniac vs solid reg..... : With the dynamics as they were at this table, I can assure you freechips was not being a nit.  When I first joined I saw freechips stack off with AJ vs raouls 78 aipf.  As I had just sat, I thought freechips had lost his mind, but it didnt take long to realise why he was calling off with hands like this.
    Posted by OMahonyO

he's not making it 50bbs preflop to isolate the fish so he's doing it for value, is A9 or 88 in his clear value range?!
  • edited July 2010
    we spoke earlyer about this hand and to see villan had 6,2 is no suprise at all. i was more than happy to get it all in pre vs this guy with 88+ A,10, sat 300bb deep. i had lost 10 buyin on this table to this guy he was so lucky it was unreal, good job the 4th spade came on the river. Do i call with tens? No, QQ or AK deffo in this spot, JJ im unsure i prob say f it and put it in.
    Posted by freechips1

Out of interest, what do you do with 88/99, AT+ in the situation you were in, with me in the hand?
  • edited July 2010
    i always thought you would fold to the big reraise, after you flatted my first raise.
    <88 i am flatting and hoping to flop a set.
    a10, aj i am reraising to £12 ish.
    aq, ak i am making the same play, as villan wont/cant fold any 2 cards
    99, 10,10 i am also making it £12 to make you fold AJ, AQ and pos AK, i can now continue on any flop with you out the way.
    jj, qq, kk, aa, i am ahead so lets try and get the lot in now, so same raise as played.

i can understand why you called with the way the table was playing and you prob thought you was ahead of super donk and racing vs me, i think for you to put me on 2 over cards is fine, do you always wanna take a race? i dont like racing coz i never win em. 
  • edited July 2010
    i always thought you would fold to the big reraise, after you flatted my first raise. <88 i am flatting and hoping to flop a set. a10, aj i am reraising to £12 ish. aq, ak i am making the same play, as villan wont/cant fold any 2 cards 99, 10,10 i am also making it £12 to make you fold AJ, AQ and pos AK, i can now continue on any flop with you out the way. jj, qq, kk, aa, i am ahead so lets try and get the lot in now, so same raise as played. i can understand why you called with the way the table was playing and you prob thought you was ahead of super donk and racing vs me, i think for you to put me on 2 over cards is fine, do you always wanna take a race? i dont like racing coz i never win em. 
    Posted by freechips1
    just curious mate why do u make it about £12 with a10/aj but aq/ak its 21 quid?
  • edited July 2010
    eagle, i repop it to get omahoneyo out the way and to build the pot vs super villan.
    am i ahead vs villan with a,10 a,j? 90% yes.
    am i willing to fold on flop with a,10 a,j? if i dont hit and villan rr my cbet then maybe.
    will i fold a,q or a,k if he rr my c bet prob not.
  • edited July 2010
    eagle, i repop it to get omahoneyo out the way and to build the pot vs super villan. am i ahead vs villan with a,10 a,j? 90% yes. am i willing to fold on flop with a,10 a,j? if i dont hit and villan rr my cbet then maybe. will i fold a,q or a,k if he rr my c bet prob not.
    Posted by freechips1
    yeah i understand that mate. just curious why u valued aq much more highly than aj. if u make it 12 quid with a10/aj and mahony shoves like he did - u fold right? but if u make it 21 quid with aq/ak and mahony shoves u call? just curious mate thats all why u value aq much more highly than a10/aj to the point where u are calling a shove and going 3 way with it.
  • edited July 2010
    for omahoneyo to flat my first raise i am putting him on <jj or <aj i am sure he will 3 bet with better.
    the way it played, yes i am folding AJ and i am stacking off with aq />
    omahoneyo could have jj in this spot thats why i would fold aj but noway he has qq />
  • edited July 2010
    mahony should be flatting QQ+,AK here to get supervillain in the pot.
    but fold pre after he makes it 50bbs
  • edited July 2010
    £340 pot at 40nl!

LOL.

Pretty spewey with the TT imo but hey ho its easy to get caught up in the madness when there is a nutter on the table.