You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKYPOKER:what have you done to the format of tournies?

i was introduced to skypoker through friends(all of whom no longer play on here) last year and so much has changed it is difficult to understand? ive had a long absence from sky and have been frustrated immensely on my return. before anyone jumps down my throat to say i am a bad loser or cant take the beats i have actually been doing ok till the last 2 days winning several tournies and cashing to the final tables and lower also. the deepstacks are no longer viable and BH'S seem to rule the roost now? most of the tournies seem to have been reduced to shoving all in affairs with bad beats and improbable hands occurring with regularity and it seems impossible to find a game where you can relax and hope to play good poker? the available unlimited re-buys in some tournies lead to suicidal play and it appears when coupled with the nature of the BH's that the general format of the tournies is nothing more than a gambling den now?? there seems to be less money available and less players for any discerning tournies? WHY is this?
also nobody appears to be playing omaha, so why is this poker style being promoted?
I guess it would take some cahona's for sky to admit to getting it wrong with all the changes they've made and from a business perspective it may well be financially more profitable but i want to 'play poker' 1st with the gambling aspect secondary. are there any plans to improve tournaments or to provide the opportunity for good sit down non- ballistic poker or is skypoker doomed to the shove and see format that appears to be the case just now?

Comments