You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo with the Big Boys, Rich and Ed

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo with the Big Boys, Rich and Ed:
    OK- here's a question to get things going- You're playing at next year's WSOP Main Event- and I can tell you right now you're going to exit before the cash spots. OK, so knowing you're not going to cash and that at some stage you're going to exit the event... HOW would you like to exit the tournament? Bad beat? In a tussle with Phil Helmuth? In the world's weirdest hand that people talk about for years to come? (which would be?) etc etc :)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I just wrote an awesome story about how i got knocked out, then the stupid message came up telling me to register for the primo IM ALREADY REGISTERED FOR. It wouldnt go away and i couldnt get rid of it. 

Story lost :(
  • edited July 2010
    Hello .. lo ... lo ... lo

Is there anyone in here ... here ... here?

Rich, you can't say shortarse - even if no-one is watching!
  • edited July 2010
    Hello .. lo ... lo ... lo Is there anyone in here ... here ... here? Rich, you can't say shortarse - even if no-one is watching!
    Posted by MereNovice

Lol -  it’s not even on ofcom’s almost naughty list ‘-)

• edited July 2010
    Not even on the almost naughty list???
    wow, it must be so bad that they can't even list it!

With regards to WSOP exit, you may need a sick-bag for this one.

Like cookie83 I'd go out on the bubble (to get my free entry for the following year) but I'd like to lose a huge stack to Kara Scott who then goes on to win it.

I missed what Ed asked me about - I wasn't concentrating, sorry.  ;-)
    If you can post it on here, I'll look into it.
  • edited July 2010
    Not even on the almost naughty list??? wow, it must be so bad that they can't even list it! With regards to WSOP exit, you may need a sick-bag for this one. Like cookie83 I'd go out on the bubble (to get my free entry for the following year) but I'd like to lose a huge stack to Kara Scott who then goes on to win it. I missed what Ed asked me about - I wasn't concentrating, sorry.  ;-) If you can post it on here, I'll look into it.
    Posted by MereNovice

HAHA!

Ed wanted to know what the exact percentage is for KK being outdrawn by 88 on the flop

• edited July 2010
    That's definitely angle-shooting by Mark Williams - but not cheating.
    I would never have suspected that Mark could be so sneaky.
  • edited July 2010
    'reeks of weakness'- Rich

'wonderful play'- Ed

I'm going with Ed on this one, thanks for the vote of confidence!! :D
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Primo with the Big Boys, Rich and Ed : HAHA!   Ed wanted to know what the exact percentage is for KK being outdrawn by 88 on the flop
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    Thanks.

That would be the odds of flopping a set of 8's (and the K's not flopping a set) plus the odds of flopping quad 8's.

It's about 12%.

Ooh, best wishes to Tikay too!
  • edited July 2010
    did i fold correctly please hand 271557334 please show this hand
  • edited July 2010
    If I understood Ed's question about outs correctly, here is a post that I made about a year ago when a similar question was asked:

Here's a question that was asked on a recent show.
    What are the maximum number of outs that you can have on the river? (if you're not actually winning already!).

Well, the maximum outs would be if you had an opened ended straight flush draw with 4 overcards to the pair on the board (two of which are a pair) against an underpair.

An example is:

p1: 2c2s
    p2: KhQh

board=ThJhTs8s

In this case, p2 wins in the following cases:

any of eight hearts to make a flush (i.e. not the 2h)
    any of three (non-heart) K's to make a better two pair
    any of three (non-heart) Q's to make a better two pair
    any of three (non-heart) A's to make a straight
    any of three (non-heart) 9's to make a straight
    any of three J's to make a counterfeit two pairs
    either of two (non-heart) 8's to make a counterfeit two pairs

This is 25 outs and the odds are 25/44 = 57% (not too shabby, really!)
  • edited July 2010
    271560678 , trying not to tilt...................
  • edited July 2010
    I would like to go out of the WSOP main by having all the chips pushed towards me and be presented with a mountain of money and a shiney piece of jewlerry
  • edited July 2010
    if i was lost with aces against 2-7 offsuit i`d strip down to birthday suit, then walk into richs caravan and make love to the female  ( where he can`t remember her name ) that he pulled ?
  • edited July 2010
    Sorry, wasn't concentrating on the outs question:

Best odds (with a worse hand) that I can think of would be 71% and 28% with 1% split = so Ed was right!

KhQh v 2s2c with f=JhThTd would be an example.
  • edited July 2010

it was not me that wrote it, but i`m still having nitemares, thanks to who ever wrote it

• edited July 2010
    Very well done Vince, well deserved m8
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Primo with the Big Boys, Rich and Ed:
    Richard and Ed are at the helm this evening as all you value hunters look to take down the title of Primo Champion! They each have one TOT entry to give away to next Friday's tournament. This evening we have 2 phone calls with Tikay - so if you have any messages that you want to pass on - get posting. We also have a live cash section in this evenings show - so if there is an exciting table that we simply must watch let us know! Now last week I promised 1 free entry to TOT for the person who emailed in the number closest to, but without going over, the number of entrants to this years Main Event. There were 7319 entrants this year, second only to that of 2006. Now, 35suited emailed in his answer of 7,102 runners - which quite frankly is not a bad effort! So he takes the prize and will be playing in next Friday's TOT. However, one person did manage to guess 7129, but instead of emailing, posted their answer on the forum.... The answer is pretty exceptional - so I will give 1 of this week's TOT entries to that person, Emilyegg. But EVERYONE take note..... In future, if you don't follow the rules - you don't win! Congrats to both of you - i hope you take it down!
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    ohh forgot all about this, thank you :)
  • edited July 2010
    Tell Ed I was watching the football and that was when Spain scored. The wifi connection is terrible and the call was a misclick ! But I thought I was ahead and shoved coz I didnt want to raise, get called and then timed out due to dodgy wifi. Gone out of Primo now so weighing up if I should play deepstack at Caesars tonight or just relax till tomorrow
  • edited July 2010
    Good game all. Thought it might have been my night, but I faded to 9th. Try try again!