You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP - WITH COMPETITION!

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
size 12s :O

you know what they say about guys with big feet...

Comments

• edited July 2010
    First of all, I've just published the third and final instalment of my Las Vegas blog.

You can read it... HERE

And I recommend that you DO read it, as, to quote a time-honoured cliche, I'll be asking questions later.

As part of tonight's PTP session, I'll be hosting a live quiz which will see one lucky punter become the proud owner of some Sky Poker goodies.  Details to follow!

In the meantime, can I suggest you register for tonight's 'Take on Tikay' tournament?  It commences at 8.30pm and will only cost you £2.20.  I'm standing in for the old fella, so the event should really be called 'Take on Hartigan'.  Although, to be fair, that lacks the alliterative appeal of the original title.  So, let's leave it as 'Take on Tikay'.

I'll also be playing the Monday Night Deep Stack at 7.15pm and intend to frequent the PLO and PLO8 tables towards the latter end of the evening.  And that's when I'll be staging that special quiz...

EDIT:  Scroll down for full details about the competition!

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP - WITH COMPETITION!:
    size 12s :O you know what they say about guys with big feet...
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    They wear big shoes?? lol
  • edited July 2010
    size 12s :O you know what they say about guys with big feet...
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
     Big shoes! Drat beaten to the punch! :)
  • edited July 2010

We started [drinking early] and then [went disco dancing] before moving onto [the kebab house] and finally [ended up in the lap dancing club] until 8am.  I didn’t feel great the next day.

Am I close??  :)
  • edited July 2010
    Im in take on Hartigan, will read ur blog later as gotta do some work :o(
  • edited July 2010
    We started  [ drinking early ]   and then  [ went disco dancing ]  before moving onto  [ the kebab house ]  and finally  [ ended up in the lap dancing club ]  until 8am.  I didn’t feel great the next day. Am I close??  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Not bad, Alan!  At least one of your inserts is pretty darn close...

• edited July 2010
    I'm In Mr Cardigan...............You are a Harti substitute for the old fella.
  • edited July 2010
    ToJ-Har has a bit of a ring to it........

Boom-Boom
  • edited July 2010
    25 minutes to go until the start of the Monday Night Deep Stack.

And just over an-hour-and-a-half to go until tonight's 'Take on Tikay' tournament begins.  Only 30 players registered so far.  Come on, peeps.  In the words of Delia Smith, "Let's be 'avin ya!"

• edited July 2010
    ToJ-Har has a bit of a ring to it........ Boom-Boom
    Posted by emilyegg
    Apologies for being thick, but I don't get it...

Please put me out of my misery!

• edited July 2010
    Oh, I forgot to mention...

Tonight's PTP competition (details to follow shortly) will only be open to players who take part in the 'Take on Tikay' tournament!

Need any more incentives?

8:30pm.  £2.20 buy-in.  Fun and frolics guaranteed.  You know it makes sense!

• edited July 2010
    Sorry James....

Tod-ger......ToJ-Har.......?

I`ll get me coat.............................

SUPERB Blogs as usual BTW :0)
  • edited July 2010
    Right...

Here's how this competition is going to work:

(Remember - it's only open to players who are participating in tonight's 'Take on Tikay' competition!)

At 10:30pm, I will be sat at a PLO cash table.  I will ask six questions in the chat box.  (The answers to these questions can be found in my last three blogs - 'Waking Up in Vegas', 'The Venetian Affair' and 'Rio Loco'.)

I will ask one question at a time.  The first 'ToT' player to type the correct answer in the chat box earns him/herself a point.  After six questions, the person with the most points wins a collection of Sky Poker goodies and a shout-out on next week's edition of 'The Club'!

In the event of a draw, there'll be a "sudden death" decider.  The first person to correctly answer the tie-breaker will be declared the winner.

Honestly, it's not as complicated as I've just made it sound!!!

• edited July 2010

Well I wasnt going to play in the TOT tonight as I can only do 2 tables at a time and signed up for the 7.15 & 8.15 DS league games.....however.....

As I have just finished 85th/85 in the 7.15 when my KK ran into AA, I am now 'free' to play the TOT :)
  • edited July 2010
    Well I wasnt going to play in the TOT tonight as I can only do 2 tables at a time and signed up for the 7.15 & 8.15 DS league games.....however..... As I have just finished 85th/85 in the 7.15 when my KK ran into AA, I am now 'free' to play the TOT :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    BOOM!
  • edited July 2010
    Monday Night Deep Stack update...  By virtue of being a card-rack - AA (twice), KK, TT, AK (twice) - I've made it to the first break with 8,500 (11th out of 36).

Don't forget: tonight's 'Take on Tikay' event commences in just over 10 minutes.  And we now have nearly 100 runners!  It's a great structure for a £2.20 tournament.  And, if you enter, you'll be eligible to take part in my PTP quiz a little later this evening :-)

• edited July 2010
    Monday Night Deep Stack update...  By virtue of being a card-rack - AA (twice), KK, TT, AK (twice) - I've made it to the first break with 8,500 (11th out of 36). Don't forget: tonight's 'Take on Tikay' event commences in just over 10 minutes.  And we now have nearly 100 runners!  It's a great structure for a £2.20 tournament.  And, if you enter, you'll be eligible to take part in my PTP quiz a little later this evening :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Hope to see you on my table James ;)
  • edited July 2010
    136 runners in the 'ToT' tournament.

Nice!

• edited July 2010
    Second break in the Deep Stack - I have 10,000 (just below average; 11th out of 21).

Running good in the 'ToT' - I have 9,200 (well above average; 5th out of 82).

• edited July 2010
    I'm OUT of the Deep Stack!  (Why do I always go broke with QQ on a low flop...?)

Anyway, I'm about to open a PLO cash table.  And that's where I'll be hosting the PTP quiz in about 45 minutes' time.

Remember - there's a batch of Sky Poker goodies AND a shout-out on 'The Club' up for grabs :-)

• edited July 2010
    The (10p/20p) table is called...

ICKHAM!

• edited July 2010
    I'll be kicking off the quiz in just over 10 minutes.

If you want to take part, make sure you're railing Ickham!

• edited July 2010
    For those of you who missed the competition...

darich was the winner!

(His intimate knowledge of my Vegas blogs was actually quite disturbing)

Congratulations, Rich.  One of the team will be in touch (via PM) about your Sky Poker goodies.  And make sure you're watching next week's edition of 'The Club' for your shout-out.

Meanwhile, this 'Take on Tikay' tournament's going on a bit...

• edited July 2010
    For those of you who missed the competition... darich was the winner! (His intimate knowledge of my Vegas blogs was actually quite disturbing) Congratulations, Rich.  One of the team will be in touch (via PM) about your Sky Poker goodies.  And make sure you're watching next week's edition of 'The Club' for your shout-out. Meanwhile, this 'Take on Tikay' tournament's going on a bit...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    How he knew you had three pairs of red, one pair of white and five pairs of blue underpants I'll never know.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP - WITH COMPETITION! : How he knew you had three pairs of red, one pair of white and five pairs of blue underpants I'll never know.
    Posted by Machka
    You forgot the 2 pairs of green!

Seriously though, like I say  thanks very much for this James - it's the first time I've won a prize on here, and I'm chuffed - and a final table in the same evening.

Take care and bye for now!
  • edited July 2010
    The tournament was called 'Take on Tikay'.

But he's in Las Vegas, so you were invited to 'Take on Hartigan' instead.

135 rose to the challenge.

134 failed in their quest.

But one man triumphed.

And his name was rusky1981!

Congrats to him ftw and to everyone who made the final table this evening.  I'll take second place - it's a respectable result.  And what an incredible last hand, eh?

I'm off to bed now.  Good night, all...

James.