You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what would you do?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
WHITMASOL Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £147.36
freechips1 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £104.01
  Your hole cards

style2737 Call  £1.00 £2.50 £141.59
blackbeltb Fold     
toonboymc Raise  £3.00 £5.50 £148.84
2390bt Fold     
ceebeedee Fold     
XRaise  £9.00 £14.50 £139.48
BRUNO79 Call  £9.00 £23.50 £78.02
WHITMASOL Fold     
freechips1 Call  £8.00 £31.50 £96.01
style2737 Fold     
toonboymc Call  £6.00 £37.50 £142.84
Flop

freechips1 Check     
toonboymc Check     
XBet  £23.00 £60.50 £116.48
BRUNO79 Fold    

Comments

• edited July 2010
    X is 200nl reg/rock he dont step out of line much.
    im putting X on AA, KK, QQ dont think he will c bet with AK as lots of stations on the table.

why do i call with tens? as said lots of stations and i thought if i hit a set i can win a 300bb pot.

4 ways i can play, c/c flop, i think villan will put me on the hand i have if i do flat call and wont put anymore in if he dont improve.
    c/r flop, i also think my hand is now face up.
    lead out on flop, i put villan on overpair after his c/bet, if i had lead out will X raise? or flat flop as it looks a bit suss? and fold to a shove on the turn.
    c/shove, can this hide my hand? pos make it look like JJ or a bluff?

how do you play it? do you call hoping for another call behind? if i call pot is £83 ish leaving me £70 ish back.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to what would you do?:
    1 ways i can play , c/c flop,
    Posted by freechips1
    FYP.

dont really see any other option.
  • edited July 2010
    how would u play JJ/QQ in this situation? how has villain seen u play big made hands?
  • edited July 2010
    hit da cawl button whilst fistpumping
  • edited July 2010
    what will X put me on if i flat call? will he continue on turn?
  • edited July 2010
    he can put you on a much wider range if you call than he can if you raise
  • edited July 2010
    I go for the standard stack a donk line which is a c-c, and a c-r on the turn, shoving the river. At this point if "X" has JJ+ the money is always going in anyway so we dont need to worry about that part of there range.

hands like Ak and AQ are way behind your hand, so i think its better to call the flop bet, hoping they spike a AKQ on the turn and commit them selfs with a turn raise.

I dont like the donk out on the flop, as we give them a chance to fold all there bluffs, and by calling we allow overcalls from other players in the pot, the board is super dry and we are not scared of any s8 or flush draws either.
  • edited July 2010
    You're range could be quite wide here as the second caller of the raise (at the time of your call you were getting a shade off 3:1 with the implied odds of bringing in the initial raiser behind you).  Dream board in a multiway pot.

I think the check raise on the flop is the worst option, you're practically turning your hand face up (unless you have a reputation of doing this light when you sense weakness, if so C/R away).  I would be tempted by leading out but I'm leaning towards the flat on the flop, if only to bring the first raiser along to the turn as well if he has anything.  There's always the potential the first raiser has the underset and is setting up a check raise of his own, if so, happy days.

I would lead the turn though rather than check raise, you're flat might lead to a check behind and we're looking to get the villain/s pot committed here and they are very close to it.
  • edited July 2010

my thoughts at the time, as stated vilan is a rock, if i flat villan will see my hand for what it is as i called a 3bet from the blinds.
    what will X think i have? if i flat X will not give me credit for A,10 or 6,7 (draw) he knows i will fold these hands to a 3bet oop pre flop.
    As tommy said in the past i have cr on flop with air vs X and im sure he/she is very aware of this.
    The stacks/pot size has me a little stumped with me having < pot bet back i thought lets shove the lot in. villan is now getting 2/1 on the call and may see it as a bluff.
    I thought no way can he fold AA, KK in this spot but he/she told me they folded AA and told me what i had.
    im still very unsure if villan puts anymore in the pot if i did flat call.
    looking back obv i wish i had flatted, maybe my rep is too tight? if i had been super donk limping in to every pot im sure i get the call.
    im still confused, X has AA and i dont think i was ever gonna get anymore out of it.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: what would you do?:
    my thoughts at the time, as stated vilan is a rock, if i flat villan will see my hand for what it is as i called a 3bet from the blinds. what will X think i have? if i flat X will not give me credit for A,10 or 6,7 (draw) he knows i will fold these hands to a 3bet oop pre flop. As tommy said in the past i have cr on flop with air vs X and im sure he/she is very aware of this. The stacks/pot size has me a little stumped with me having < pot bet back i thought lets shove the lot in. villan is now getting 2/1 on the call and may see it as a bluff. I thought no way can he fold AA, KK in this spot but he/she told me they folded AA and told me what i had. im still very unsure if villan puts anymore in the pot if i did flat call. looking back obv i wish i had flatted, maybe my rep is too tight? if i had been super donk limping in to every pot im sure i get the call. im still confused, X has AA and i dont think i was ever gonna get anymore out of it.
    Posted by freechips1

he wont put you on exclusively a set. I bet you don't c/r as a bluff with these sort of pot to stack ratios so stop over thinking it.

He may not have had AA, if he does have AA and folds, you should call with your sets and c/shove your back door draws lol.
  • edited July 2010
    yea there is a difference between c/r 278hh board , and c/ring a T45r board 4way in a 3b pot as a bluff. hes going to jam KK/AA on turn as you can have JJ/QQ here aswell plus there is a guy behind you and raising just gets him out of the pot which we obv dont want so call