You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thats it im out of here

edited July 2010 in Area 51
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gis_speed Small blind  50.00 50.00 1700.00
cyall Big blind  100.00 150.00 3020.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

red-army Fold     
LazyDaze Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  500.00 650.00 1035.00
gis_speed Call  450.00 1100.00 1250.00
cyall Fold     
Flop

gis_speed All-in  1250.00 2350.00 0.00
The_Don90 All-in  1035.00 3385.00 0.00
gis_speed Unmatched bet  215.00 3170.00 215.00
gis_speed Show
  • Q

The_Don90 Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

River

gis_speed Win Full House, 10s and 2s 3170.00  3385.00
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
redred18 Small blind  150.00 150.00 7775.00
vinyodo22 Big blind  300.00 450.00 2650.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

MJL87 Fold     
DONNA1960 Call  300.00 750.00 3925.00
JUCKUS All-in  4255.00 5005.00 0.00
The_Don90 Call  4255.00 9260.00 1775.00
redred18 Fold     
vinyodo22 Fold     
DONNA1960 Fold     
JUCKUS Show

The_Don90 Show
  • Q
  • Q

Flop

Turn

• J

River

JUCKUS Win Straight to the 6 9260.00  9260.00
Wouldnt expect to see me on the tables any time soon. Ive just lost 5 hands in a row very similar to this had enough of it.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Some rough ones there Don.

Have a break, or try a wee game of Omaha.....you will not regret it.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Thats it im out of here:
    GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by LENGALENG
    Constructive

Some rough ones there Don. Have a break, or try a wee game of Omaha.....you will not regret it.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Thanks Emily. I do love a little of Omaha but been struggling with that of late aswell.

The KK one i done a pot odds, 99.5% on flop, 95.5% when the first 10 hit. The Queens one 83.5% when money when in 5% on flop.  
  • edited July 2010

Beats happen Don,

If you cant take the beats, then player lower or not at all.

Yes they are pretty horrible but everyone has been there....miracles do happen, just be happy you got the money in as a huge favorite both times, in the long run your the winner.
  • edited July 2010
    Beats happen Don, If you cant take the beats, then player lower or not at all. Yes they are pretty horrible but everyone has been there....miracles do happen, just be happy you got the money in as a huge favorite both times, in the long run your the winner.
    Posted by Norbit
    Yea i know Norbit, i can usually handle one or two beats like this but this is the end of a series of them. Im notourious for going on tilt to ive decided that im going to take a month off from poker and chill and remember the good times then come back to the tables.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Thats it im out of here : Yea i know Norbit, i can usually handle one or two beats like this but this is the end of a series of them. Im notourious for going on tilt to ive decided that im going to take a month off from poker and chill and remember the good times then come back to the tables.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I think thats a good idea Don, I know its not easy, but you have to just try and carry on after a bad beat, its taken me a long time to do it, but now I just move onto the next game, or just take a little break, whatever you decide good luck.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Thats it im out of here : I think thats a good idea Don, I know its not easy, but you have to just try and carry on after a bad beat, its taken me a long time to do it, but now I just move onto the next game, or just take a little break, whatever you decide good luck.
    Posted by acebarry10
    I had two games there after calming a bit, cashed in the £5.50 on thanks to two early take outs, 10 10 v K4 K high flop accompanied by a 10, he went all in i called. Trips held, then JJ v AJ no ace so JJ held.

Bubbled the other one, was sitting pretty to cash shorty went all in i had AK i called, big stack shoved on K  high flop i called only to see Aces and trip jacks.
  • edited July 2010
    i was in the deepy on monday and had 10-J, flop came 4-4-10, i pushed he called with K-K, and i rivered the ten, i went on to win the whole tourney, after that i went into sng and lost to a bad beat, but was i bothered, yeh - for about 5 seconds, then it was onto cash game, 10p/20p i put £20 on and came off with £67, i won £34 on one hand with 7-8-9 spades, i had 5-6 spades, oppo had A-10 spades. My point is, i play within my bankroll and when i lose i move on, some you win some you lose, so i dont take the negative baggage with me. Two things i have learnt over the past year is, if the loss really hurts you, your either playing beyond your means, or your mindset aint right, and dont go chasing losses because you will end up losing more most of the time.
  • edited July 2010
    i was in the deepy on monday and had 10-J, flop came 4-4-10, i pushed he called with K-K, and i rivered the ten, i went on to win the whole tourney, after that i went into sng and lost to a bad beat, but was i bothered, yeh - for about 5 seconds, then it was onto cash game, 10p/20p i put £20 on and came off with £67, i won £34 on one hand with 7-8-9 spades, i had 5-6 spades, oppo had A-10 spades. My point is, i play within my bankroll and when i lose i move on, some you win some you lose, so i dont take the negative baggage with me. Two things i have learnt over the past year is, if the loss really hurts you, your either playing beyond your means, or your mindset aint right, and dont go chasing losses because you will end up losing more most of the time.
    Posted by loonytoons
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    Thanks loonytoons.

As you said i was both playing out of my means, which ive now sorted and my head isnt always in the corrext place.

This is something i need to work on, i do suffer from mental health issues, which doesnt always mix well with poker i try to keep this away from my game but unfortunetly it does sometimes creep up on me. I never really mean anything by how i react. In short terms i have to work on my mentally more than anything
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    I call you're looney post and raise you
  • edited July 2010
    Tough beats Don! I've said this few times to people in your position now - I would take the rest of the month off, read and watch videos, think about your game and continue to chat on the forum! If the urge gets you (like it did with me) use up some of your poker points on the freerolls and work on certain aspects of your game - you'll get that bit of action you need to take edge off but safe in knowledge you're not losing money if things go sour! You'll get the enjoyment back and maybe cash few times (ok it'll only be 50p here, 75p there unless you win it) but it's amazing how good it feels to play stress free and bad beats will be totally forgotten! Good luck whatever you decide works for you!
  • edited July 2010
    Tough beats Don! I've said this few times to people in your position now - I would take the rest of the month off, read and watch videos, think about your game and continue to chat on the forum! If the urge gets you (like it did with me) use up some of your poker points on the freerolls and work on certain aspects of your game - you'll get that bit of action you need to take edge off but safe in knowledge you're not losing money if things go sour! You'll get the enjoyment back and maybe cash few times (ok it'll only be 50p here, 75p there unless you win it) but it's amazing how good it feels to play stress free and bad beats will be totally forgotten! Good luck whatever you decide works for you!
    Posted by Action_Dan

Thanks Dan, although i did manage to return to the tables. I done well in a local league game and a couple of cheap DYM's got my confidence back and now playing within my roll.

Had a live cash game last night and worked on that too Even managed to bring home a break even after a few needed pints after on harsh beat to a guy who was already very drunk that was a drunken all in call. After that i decided to just get out when i needed to.

However because i felt i could afford it i felt more comfortable.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Action_Dan
    +1 this.
    I've had a bad run on the cash (low stakes). couldn't get my head right. Now doing the freerolls and not making use of the rebuy facility, to get my "fix". Starting to enjoy it again.

Best of luck