You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Well done to opponent and nice had but should i have been in such bad shape in the first place

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind  50.00 50.00 1920.00
BBBig blind  100.00 150.00 4245.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

UTGFold     
The_Don90 Call  100.00 250.00 2810.00
SBRaise  300.00 550.00 1620.00
BBFold     
The_Don90 Call  250.00 800.00 2560.00
Flop

• K
  • A

SBCheck     
The_Don90 Check     
Turn

• A

SBCheck     
The_Don90 Check     
River

• J

SBBet  800.00 1600.00 820.00
The_Don90 Raise  1600.00 3200.00 960.00
SBAll-in  820.00 4020.00 0.00
The_Don90 Call  20.00 4040.00 940.00
SBShow
  • A
  • A

The_Don90 Show
  • Q
  • J

SBWin Four Aces 4040.00  4040.00
Ok well firstly no complaints, i know i played this badly, i never asked any questions at any time, however well played to my opponent.

Right lets ignore the poor flop and turn play by myself, when i really should have semi bluffed the draws and find out if they where any good.

However once we get to the river ive hit a nut flush, with the A and K out. opponent bets, i raise, after this i know i cant fold well id be an idiot too. However does his raise symbolise that he has the FH or the Quads (i must now add i was the idiot who managed to miss the board pairing till after id re-raised).

Is my re-raise justifyable on this kind of board, the only thing i cant beat is a FH and Quads.

Now ill jump back to the start, should i have even been in the hand with QJ o/s on the bubble of a DYM when its been raised by a player who is now out of position and hadnt played that many hands, MY BIGGEST MISTAKE in this hand.

So can i just ask, have i noticed all the mistakes ive made here or are there more?

On a side note i somehow managed to recover and cash by stealing blinds.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    raise 300 pre, if villan rr you fold, if villan flats, c/bet of 500 on flop if villan rr, fold if he flats on flop SHUT DOWN and put no more in.
  • edited July 2010
    villian played the hand terribly, dont know why you are congratulating him for.

• edited July 2010
    You answered this yourself you asked no questions
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Well done to opponent and nice had but should i have been in such bad shape in the first place:
    Posted by harvey23
    And how may i ask would you have played it.

Ok maybe a bet on the flop would be the only other way id have played it, why would you bet turn you cant be caught bar 10J or QJ or Q10 of clubs. And even they only have one out.

Imo he disguised the strenth of his hand well and managed to let his opponenet unfortunetly for me catch up enough to get paid. Isnt that what pokers about.
  • edited July 2010
    Raise or Fold  pre, dont call(so i have been told and i have now got the message). if re-raised can fold and save more chips, also QJ not really a great hand pre so would be leaning towards a fold without the raise but does depend on the table dynamics

Your right again Don you did play bad at least you realise this, but still maybe need to start taking on board somethings the better players have advised you. im in similar position at mo but think your playing alot more and maybe im taking it in more
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Well done to opponent and nice had but should i have been in such bad shape in the first place:
    You answered this yourself you asked no questions
    Posted by waynecure
    The questions i asked where, pre flop should i have called? Flop and turn should i have semi bluffed? Did i play the river correctly?

I make that 3 questions, followed by is there anything else i missed? So thats 4 in total. So your saying ive answered all 4 then thats perfect at least im picking up on my own mistakes.
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by harvey23

Villain played the hand perfectly to stack the op DUCY?
  • edited July 2010
    Raise or Fold  pre, dont call(so i have been told and i have now got the message). if re-raised can fold and save more chips, also QJ not really a great hand pre so would be leaning towards a fold without the raise but does depend on the table dynamics Your right again Don you did play bad at least you realise this, but still maybe need to start taking on board somethings the better players have advised you. im in similar position at mo but think your playing alot more and maybe im taking it in more
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    thanks young gun, as stated im picking up alot of my mistakes almost as soon as their happening, aswell as that ive developed my game and usually getting my money in good. I had a little game of Omaha taking a break from hold em before returning to my favored tables.

Ive taken alot of advice in about BR management and im thinking alot more about can i actually afford to enter this tournament/game which has taken me 100% away from the MTT tournaments and onto purley S&G's and i simply dont have the BR for the MTT expessially if i fail to cash.

So theres been alot of positives and im now playing lower staked, not quite as low as the recommended 60p DYM;s but in £1.15 or £2.25(MAX). Ive stopped the multitabling and focusing on one table at a time, and considering things more carfully.

Oh and on the 100% plus side my keyboard and mouse havent met today, which means i havent thrown them into eachother, like i do when i make a bad play or have a bad beat, which also shows ive worked on my disapline.
  • edited July 2010
    When he checked the flop with the AK on board he was either in good shape or these cards worried him, you had a str8 draw maybe a bet of 400 or 500 would have given you a lot of clues even if he flat calls. This is just my opinion which maybe totally wrong but the flop was the place to find out where you was.