You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bit of an apology but alot of good news :D

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Good for poker, bad for spelling, i would edit for nvm :)

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Ive sort of abandoned the forums as of late, purely because i never seemed to post anything positive! So decided to go away and work on my game!

But it's a sincere apology to all and hope everyone is well.

Anyhow today i was playing and lost pretty much my how BR leaving me 11 pound and got the message form sky saying main event was starting so i thought aaah why not! And well this is the outcome..
    HartshorN10260001£615.60 + £156.49 Head Prizes + 50 League Points13 
    besty131302£384.75 + £118.87 Head Prizes + 46 League Points13 
    Chap7903£230.85 + £39.31 Head Prizes + 38 League Points4 
    cruisingle04£166.72 + £71.55 Head Prizes + 32 League Points9 
    AELEA4105£128.25 + £22.96 Head Prizes + 28 League Points4 
    vinyodo2206£102.60 + £26.92 Head Prizes + 24 League Points4

Best ever performance and biggest ever cash and considering im just 18 this money will go along way! I also feel a hell of alot more confident about my game.

Dohhhhh also had a good finish 12th or so i beleive so wd mate i was hoping to see you on the FT to have a nice chat.

Today i also became an uncle to a gorgeous little baby called luca.

So i made this post of course as we all do which is to gloat a little bit but also to point out thatr my best finished in tournaments always happen when ive had a can or 2 throughout the tournament..

So, beer ir good for poker! Haha

Take care all,

Luke
  • edited July 2010
    Very well done Harts, nice one!!!
  • edited July 2010

Many congrats` hunni, I`m made up for you! xxx
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations - on all counts.
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Quit your bragging! You got lucky - that is all.
  • edited July 2010

Nice one Luke!

Dont spend it all at once or all on beer :)
  • edited July 2010
    thanks for the positive ones of you who responded.

To tell the truth i did get lucky a few times but id like to see someone win a tournament without a peice of luck!

Ive also not yet closed the tournament lobby keep staring at in, in disbelief lol
  • edited July 2010
    Hope you will stop all your moaning now in future posts !!!
  • edited July 2010
    Pleased for ya! VWD and congrats on becoming an uncle
  • edited July 2010

Nice 1 Harts - These tournys are so hard to win in the later stages, I remember being in trouble, and finding a double up to 20xbb on 3 seperate occasions, then 5 mins later, I was down to 12/13 again, and in need of a 'spot' to nick some more chips.

Im not a gr8 tourny player, but I opened an unraised pot from the small blind, with blinds at 3k/6k, I had 80k.

I had A3 and it came A - 9 - 2.

I've bet the flop and he snapped.

I have 50k ish left on the turn, which is a blank.

I shoved it .......

He snapped again and showed ace 9.

I don't know if this is a blow up, but it's so flippin frustrating busting just prior to the big bucks.

Great result anyway, I'm glad you went on to win it.

WP!
  • edited July 2010
    Tbh my lucked kicked in on the final table mate. I found myself shoving with K5 and the likes and been called by ace rag and coming out on top.

And i know how you feel mate i was well up there at one point then couple of hands later i was down to about 40k. Just got to choose yor timings well and hope for the best. Wp anyway mate still a good finish
  • edited July 2010
    Well done Harts, nice post and congrats on both your win and becoming an uncle

I had similar experiance where used last in my account and came 2nd in open and get this i'd had a few before hand and only just got home in time for tourney maybe we're onto something to win donkaments you need to drink ;o)

All the best
  • edited July 2010
    Nice one, and congratulations too
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Bit of an apology but alot of good news :D:
    Well done Harts, nice post and congrats on both your win and becoming an uncle I had similar experiance where used last in my account and came 2nd in open and get this i'd had a few before hand and only just got home in time for tourney maybe we're onto something to win donkaments you need to drink ;o) All the best
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Haha nice, just gives you the courage to make them tough calls and moves :D
  • edited July 2010
    Nice result lad and up the owls!
  • edited July 2010
    Nice result(s)
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Congratulations on becoming an Uncle AND on the win too.