You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How could I have played this better

Primo last Sunday, 1 am about 4/17 remaining when this hand comes along. This is not a bad beat story, and I have no complaints about the Villains play, as pair of aces + flush draw is plenty big. It is my own play I am interested in. Did I grow the pot too big in the first place? Were my bets afterwards too large? Or is this just the proverbial cold deck, and I should stop thinking about it?

Hand History #271593761 (23:11 11/07/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SB Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 15536.11
luvBWFC Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 48795.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

VCall  2000.00 5000.00 32982.52
Fold     
3Fold     
SBFold     
luvBWFC Raise  8000.00 13000.00 40795.00
VCall  8000.00 21000.00 24982.52
Flop

• J
  • A

luvBWFC Bet  15750.00 36750.00 25045.00
VCall  15750.00 52500.00 9232.52
Turn

• Q

luvBWFC All-in  25045.00 77545.00 0.00
VAll-in  9232.52 86777.52 0.00
luvBWFC Unmatched bet  15812.48 70965.04 15812.48
luvBWFC Show
  • J
  • J

VShow
  • A

River

VWin Flush to the Ace 70965.04  70965.04

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Played perfecto imo, unlucky with the river but think your betting is spot on and they havent really got the odds to keep calling for there flush draw and even there straight draw on the turn, wouldn't say they played it bad either as you need to find a hand to commit with and even if you shoved there wouldn't blame them for calling if they are going for the win and not to ladder up
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with young gun here.

I like the pre flop bet, and the flop bet. The shove on the turn makes scence to me. However, unfortunetly from what i can see once your opponent has gone that far hes pot commited with top pair and the flush draw. Its unfortunte he had the pair too boot. Although you got your money in ahead around an 80% favorite. As Tikay once said to me you want the calls in these situations youll win them more often than not.

Edited: Didnt realise youd flopped a set,
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How could I have played this better:
    I agree with young gun here. I like the pre flop bet, and the flop bet. The shove on the turn makes scence to me. However, unfortunetly from what i can see once your opponent has gone that far hes pot commited with top pair and the flush draw. Its unfortunte he had the pair too boot. Although you got your money in ahead around an 80% favorite. As Tikay once said to me you want the calls in these situations youll win them more often than not. Edited: Didnt realise youd flopped a set,
    Posted by The_Don90
    He has a hit a set on the flop so I doubt he's ever folding this hand.
  • edited July 2010
    might as well ship the flop with villains stack, hand plays out the same though
  • edited July 2010
    This is played proper well good yo! Unlucky.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How could I have played this better : He has a hit a set on the flop so I doubt he's ever folding this hand.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yea i posted it checked it again and seen and edited my post accordingly. Think it looks better now.
  • edited July 2010
    This is played proper well good yo! Unlucky.
    Posted by beaneh
    Feedback from the 'hood!
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Next time avoid the spade.

Seriously tho w tf...you flopped a set why would you want to control the size of the pot?! If you had won the hand would you still be posting it??? Stop being so results orientated - sometimes you get your money in infront and come out behind. It happens.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: How could I have played this better : Feedback from the 'hood!
    Posted by luvBWFC
    BRAAAAP!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Next time avoid the spade. Seriously tho w tf...you flopped a set why would you want to control the size of the pot?! If you had won the hand would you still be posting it??? Stop being so results orientated - sometimes you get your money in infront and come out behind. It happens.
    Posted by yb
    I Hear ya. The reason I'm posting this is because it's hard to be objective about your own play. My instinct was to just shrug and go cold deck, nm, but then there is the chance of papering over cracks in your play. I am fully aware that wionning a hand doesn't mean you played well and vice versa.