You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i got abused for the way i played this hand! was he right??

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i raised pre c bet flop gave up on turn rivered straight

then got loads of stick????

imo i played it ok what do you think???

Comments

• edited July 2010

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedonkeyplop Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.81  Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.75 pokastar Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £3.96   Your hole cards J Q        Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.01 pokastar Check     SNOO3302 Fold     Bean_Giant Call  £0.04 £0.18 £2.95 donkeyplop Raise  £0.14 £0.32 £2.67  Call  £0.12 £0.44 £2.63 mellor05 Fold     pokastar Fold     Bean_Giant Call  £0.12 £0.56 £2.83 Flop    K 2 7       donkeyplop Bet  £0.28 £0.84 £2.39  Call  £0.28 £1.12 £2.35 Bean_Giant Fold     Turn    A       donkeyplop Check      Check     River    10       donkeyplop Bet  £1.12 £2.24 £1.27  Call  £1.12 £3.36 £1.23 donkeyplop Show J Q     Muck K 5    donkeyplop Win Straight to the Ace £3.11  £4.38

• edited July 2010
    i think you played it fine mate, you was the one betting and slowed down on turn as you needed to hit

this person is probably annoyed as he tried being clever but you hit instead and thought his top pair maybe good

Well played donkeyplop
  • edited July 2010
    just because you raised pre does not mean you have to Cbet all the time. I would c-f this 3way OOP, you have very little equity on the hand,no imddeaite  draws, even if you hit a pair you are behind to any Kx.

turn and river are fine as played. I just dont like the flop play, everything else is good.

if it helps the person with K5 played the hand alot wrose, should of folded pre.

overall you played the hand ok imo, ingore them and haters gonna hate.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    If you want to raise pf raise it up a bit more, also I would bet a bit more on the flop.

But your line is fine, nh.
  • edited July 2010
    Personally I don't like the raise preflop in sb with JQ as your OOP with a hand that you could get into trouble with and if you are gonne play it the raise should be 20-24p to fold make them fold, I'd opt to just limp along. The C-bet needs to higher about 40p to have effect. On turn you have to check then river brings nuts.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: i got abused for the way i played this hand! was he right??:
    just because you raised pre does not mean you have to Cbet all the time. I would c-f this 3way OOP, you have very little equity on the hand,no imddeaite  draws, even if you hit a pair you are behind to any Kx. turn and river are fine as played. I just dont like the flop play, everything else is good. if it helps the person with K5 played the hand alot wrose, should of folded pre. overall you played the hand ok imo, ingore them and haters gonna hate.
    Posted by harvey23
    Meh, this is a kind of board that I would c-bet on in a 3 way pot.
  • edited July 2010

the guy i beat said i knew nothing about poker and got proper aggro calling me a moron!!

just wanted to get some other peoples points of view!!

cheers

• edited July 2010
    raise more pre, flop betsize is quite small but on this particular board its fine, bet more on river also and just ignore him or have some fun and give him some abuse back
  • edited July 2010
    raise more pre, flop betsize is quite small but on this particular board its fine, bet more on river also and just ignore him or have some fun and give him some abuse back
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    In my opinion you should never relatiate as it could lead to you getting a chat ban or worse. Either ignore it, turn off your chat or report it to customer support.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: i got abused for the way i played this hand! was he right?? : Meh, this is a kind of board that I would c-bet on in a 3 way pot.
    Posted by yb
    why we have very little equity, if we hit a pair were still behind, might get floated by a random pp/Ax, defo looked up by any king.  Most likely c-f any turn? Dont see many reasons cbet this 3way, heads up sure its cool.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: i got abused for the way i played this hand! was he right?? : why we have very little equity, if we hit a pair were still behind, might get floated by a random pp/Ax, defo looked up by any king.  Most likely c-f any turn? Dont see many reasons cbet this 3way, heads up sure its cool.
    Posted by harvey23
    Yeah I know we have little equity, but players shouldn't be limp/calling with a K and its a very dry board so its unlikely either player has connected. Sure sometimes they float with some random pair <K, but as played we only need to make them both fold a third of the time to make it profitable so its +EV imo.