You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blind on blind

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
A simple question but about how to play this one?

Cash game 25/50
To your right you have a tightish ABC poker player whom only appears to raise with standard raising hands, everyone folds to SB, I am in the BB with 3 7 off SB min raises my blind. Now according to the pot odds rule by calling Im getting 3-1 to see the flop but common sense tells me to dump or pump it and to be honest dont fancy pumping 3 7 off out of position. Fold, call or raise?
Am I playing to tight for a cash game?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Blind on blind:
    A simple question but about how to play this one? Cash game 25/50 To your right you have a tightish ABC poker player whom only appears to raise with standard raising hands, everyone folds to SB, I am in the BB with 3 7 off SB min raises my blind. Now according to the pot odds rule by calling Im getting 3-1 to see the flop but common sense tells me to dump or pump it and to be honest dont fancy pumping 3 7 off out of position. Fold, call or raise? Am I playing to tight for a cash game?
    Posted by waynecure

You have 3 options all are viable, 3bet, fold or call. Calling is probably the hardest because you'll have to be raising alot post flop. I'd 3 bet most of the time fold the rest personally.
  • edited July 2010
    easy fold, calling is bad, even though you are getting 3:1, what are you hoping to hit, and when you do call and flop a monster which is hardly ever, how often will you get paid.

fold and move on.
  • edited July 2010
      So much depends on what sort of hands he make these sort of raises with. If he is making this raise with just a couple of big cards, AK,KQ etc then you are 2 to 1 ,so the call is the right odds play but you would be in some trouble against an over pair to your hand.

For me i would make the call and see if the texture of the flop falls within his raising range, if not then you could take him off it.If it is within his range you can get away for the cost of only 1 BB.The main reason for doing this for me is that despite your error in your post you would be playing the hand in position with gives you that bit more of a chance to read and react.

With this said i am not a successful cash player and so would defer to the better players.
  • edited July 2010
    I did realise my error about position after posting, a senior moment lol Fold was my thinking and shall remain that TY for replies
  • edited July 2010
    you might be getting 3:1 atm and maybe you do have slightly better than 25% equity in the pot, but you will be facing bets on the vast majority of flops and turns which makes the call preflop not profitable, i would also choose hands that play better post flop to 3bet with so just fold
  • edited July 2010
    I refuse to fold ANYTHING to a minraise from the SB esp vs an ABC player
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Blind on blind:
    I refuse to fold ANYTHING to a minraise from the SB esp vs an ABC player
    Posted by Chemlst
    Thats a very good point here chemlst, i read this scenario yesterday and thought would be silly calling but it is only a min raise on the face of it so i would call and only continue if its a dry board have a stab or if you hit big could get there whole stack