You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help please! I've got a free £5 bet to stake before Monday & there's no more footy!!!

edited July 2010 in The Shed
I think the title says it all really.

I've got a free £5 bet to use which expires on Monday but I'm pretty clueless with most sports & as there's no more footy until next month I've no idea what to stick it on.

If anyone's got any decent tips for pretty much anything going on right now that would be great. Kinda thinking I should take a mild long shot with it without backing something/someone that's like a 500/1 rank outsider or anything!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Arjen Robben to join Man. City before the end of the transfer window @ 20/1

pop it in a double with Robbie Keane @ 11/8 to join Villa in this window too.
  • edited July 2010
    Unfortunately it's a single only but I quite like the look of the 11/8 for Keane to join Villa though.
  • edited July 2010
    The open starts on Thursday?

Its a great thing to bet on, as you get 4 days (unless he misses the cut) worth of entertainment for your bet, and the odds are always pretty big!

Gonna have a look at the prices myself now, shall put a few names up and see what u think.

U can go ew right?

I will be having my usual buy in or 2 on Tiger, believing this is the time for him to re-gain form. He has won by an aggregate of 13 shots the last 2 times he has played the open at St Andrews, so obviously knows his way round.

6/1 about Tiger would be alot bigger if it was being played at another venue, but he will deffo be getting my money. - Also, he WONT miss the cut, and WILL be in the mix on the final day, so like when ur backing a horse you want one which will give you an honest run for your money, Tiger is your man!

Of the others, Justin Rose is in great form, 22/1

Padraig Harrington is great when the course is playing tough, I'm no weatherman, but if the forecast is bleak, his chances will improve to better than the 20/1 available.

Geoff Ogilvy at 75/1 is a good e/w bet, as are Charl Swartzel (80/1) and Nick Watney (90/1) who ALWAYS seem to be in the mix early in big tournaments then fade, maybe they can string 4 big rounds together.

Y.E.Yang is a ridiculous price at 175/1 - a former major champion.

Ive quoted half the field, not sure what sort of odds ur looking for, but none of the above are without a chance, will be having abit ew on most of them, and ALOT on Tiger to roar back to form!

(coverage 8am - 9pm Thurs and Fri - how good is that!!!)
  • edited July 2010
    I think I can go ew if I put a fiver in myself (which I don't mind doing btw). I did think about Tiger Woods to win but that's only cos I know he's good. Other than that I ain't got a clue about who's good & who's not in golf.
  • edited July 2010
    Just tried it. I can do £2.50 ew although I might top up the stake if it's worth it
  • edited July 2010
    well i just put my free fiver on tiger woods to win @6/1, a return of £30, i know he got problems but the bet was free so i may as well take a chance!
  • edited July 2010
    stick it on england to win the 2014 w/c odds must be massive long wait mind..or have you
  • edited July 2010
    Steve Stricker to win the open 35/1
  • edited July 2010
    Cheers for that.

I'm gonna lump it on Justin Rose ew I think
  • edited July 2010
    lumped mine  on neath to beat swans 2nite 7-1