You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Winners of the Sky Poker World Cup Final!

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
The whistle has been blown and the winner decided!

At 00:03 the last hand was dealt.

kjd36 raises it up to 6000 on the button with Kc 10d and is called by LEEDSHX who holds 6c 8h.

The flop comes down 3c 9c Ac

Both players check and the turn comes 9h

LEEDSHX makes a bold play and makes a massive shove for all of his 42,3000 remaining chips and after some deliberation is called by kjd36. LEEDSHX only has 4 outs...

The river is a harmless 4h and the winner is decided!

CONGRATULATIONS TO kjd36 FOR A TRULY REMARKABLE SKY POKER WORLD CUP PERFORMANCE!

The best 11 were as follows:

1. kjd36 who wins an Apple iPad, an England shirt signed by Jamie Redknapp and the inaugral Sky Poker World Cup Trophy!

2. LEEDSHX who grabs an SPT Final Seat at Dusk Til Dawn, Nottingham

3. Colly87 who takes down an Xbox 360 plus a game of his choice for his efforts

4. micko who wins a Kodak Playsport - a rather nifty portable HD video camera

5. Hanks98 who grabs an SPT Swansea Seat

6. shaun09 who wins perhaps the most prestigious prize - Tikay for a night!

7. yupster69 who can now send wayward shots over the crossbar with an official 2010 World Cup Match Ball

8. + 9. arc2arc and 121285 who both win a football shirt of their choice

10. kipper48 who wins a replica 2010 World Cup Match Ball

11. SolarCarro who can read about the latest poker news with a WPT Magazine Subscription

Once again thank you for participating in this year's Sky Poker World Cup. There were a few blunders along the way but I hope you'll agree it was great fun and went some way to compensating for a dire England performance.

See you in 2014!

Dan

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Hi Dan,

When/how can we claim the free £5 bet?

Cheers
  • edited July 2010
    Congrats on winning, glad i didn't already have an ipad ;o) wish they did flash cos playing skypoker would be the nuts on it!
  • edited July 2010

oh!  really unlucky shaun09

• edited July 2010
    what exactly does tikay for a night involve then???

nice meal, cinema, cuddle on sofa etc??????
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Winners of the Sky Poker World Cup Final!:
    what exactly does tikay for a night involve then??? nice meal, cinema, cuddle on sofa etc??????
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I believe they get to listen to tikay talking about trains, planes and motorway service stations.  It doesn't actually last all night, just feels like it lol.
  • edited July 2010
    He can come to Rubbish ipswich if he wants, Or he can offer me an allternative :D Send me lisa or sarah :D

Or pm me for negotiations :P (Im Open for offers tikay ) :p
  • edited July 2010
    On a previous occasion when someone won this glorious prize they organised a home game and had Tikay as the dealer, if my memory is correct.
  • edited July 2010

Well done everyone, apart from Shauny.. Ul m8
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Dan, When/how can we claim the free £5 bet? Cheers
    Posted by scotty77
    Awroight,

You should have been credited with the free bet yesterday afternoon.

Let me know if you haven't and I'll look into it for you.

Dan
  • edited July 2010
    My free bet is there, thank-you very much.

They expire on 20th of July, so use 'em soon chaps. Click on Sky Bet at the top of this page, then the link for Free Bets, you should see it there.
  • edited July 2010

cheers dan ,and congrates to all the other winners.

cant wait to get my hands on the i-pad.

But as my girlfriends daughter got diagnosed with lyphoma cancer "hodgkinsons disease" just before xmas, and with her having chemo at "alder hay hospital" in liverpool ... i thought i'd give the teenage oncology unit where shes had the treatment the "jamie redknapp signed shirt" as a thank you for all the great work they do, and to use either in the kids entertainment room ,or use in a auction for funds for things the unit always needs.

and i thought this was easier than jumping out of a plane doing a charity parachute jump.. ha ha.

my girlfriends daughter got the all clear on the cancer 5 weeks ago, so just chemo for another 6 weeks,then checks for most of her life....

so would just like to thank skypoker for my prizes ,and looking forward to trying again in 2014... and hopefully to seeing a better england team playing in the brazil world cup!!!!

• edited July 2010
     cheers dan ,and congrates to all the other winners.    cant wait to get my hands on the i-pad.   But as my girlfriends daughter got diagnosed with lyphoma cancer "hodgkinsons disease" just before xmas, and with her having chemo at "alder hay hospital" in liverpool ... i thought i'd give the teenage oncology unit where shes had the treatment the "jamie redknapp signed shirt" as a thank you for all the great work they do, and to use either in the kids entertainment room ,or use in a auction for funds for things the unit always needs. and i thought this was easier than jumping out of a plane doing a charity parachute jump.. ha ha. my girlfriends daughter got the all clear on the cancer 5 weeks ago, so just chemo for another 6 weeks,then checks for most of her life.... so would just like to thank skypoker for my prizes ,and looking forward to trying again in 2014... and hopefully to seeing a better england team playing in the brazil world cup!!!!
    Posted by kjd36
    Fantastic gesture - there really are some good eggs in this community and pleased to hear everything's on the mend!
  • edited July 2010
     cheers dan ,and congrates to all the other winners.    cant wait to get my hands on the i-pad.   But as my girlfriends daughter got diagnosed with lyphoma cancer "hodgkinsons disease" just before xmas, and with her having chemo at "alder hay hospital" in liverpool ... i thought i'd give the teenage oncology unit where shes had the treatment the "jamie redknapp signed shirt" as a thank you for all the great work they do, and to use either in the kids entertainment room ,or use in a auction for funds for things the unit always needs. and i thought this was easier than jumping out of a plane doing a charity parachute jump.. ha ha. my girlfriends daughter got the all clear on the cancer 5 weeks ago, so just chemo for another 6 weeks,then checks for most of her life.... so would just like to thank skypoker for my prizes ,and looking forward to trying again in 2014... and hopefully to seeing a better england team playing in the brazil world cup!!!!
    Posted by kjd36

what a fantastic gesture.

well done you
  • edited July 2010
    I'm extremely glad my chip went to u now when I bust in 16th!!!!!

You are a true gent and it is a wonderful gesture.

I wish u and ur family all the very best :)