You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Thursday night on Sky Poker sees the return of infamous buffoon John McCririck.  Sarah Champion has shown interest in seeing the arm waggling horse racing pundit get crushed on the tables. 

So I need ladies, lots and lots of ladies.  No, this isn't a request to fulfill my own personal needs, it's a call out for ladies to take on McCririck and show him how poker is played.  Who can we count on? 

Ladies, only you can take him down, felt him in Feltham. 

You know you want to.

Thursday 15th July 20:00

V         

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Shared a table with him at SPT Luton.  Awful poker player.  I nearly stacked him by htting my massive draw on the river leaving him with 100 chips which i was glad about 
  • edited July 2010
    I think John McCririck is great, they should also try and get Mel Gibson on with him and that Chief Constable Doris from Northumberland in between them, that would definitely get me watching.
  • edited July 2010
    His witterings (insights) during the interview at SPT Luton were classical!
  • edited July 2010
    Im a big horse racing fan & met him on several occasions, what a NUMPTY !!!

That is all lol

I will lay 6/4 he mentions booby on the show :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00:
    Thursday night on Sky Poker sees the return of infamous buffoon John McCririck.  Sarah Champion has shown interest in seeing the arm waggling horse racing pundit get crushed on the tables.  So I need ladies, lots and lots of ladies.  No, this isn't a request to fulfill my own personal needs, it's a call out for ladies to take on McCririck and show him how poker is played.  Who can we count on?  Ladies, only you can take him down, felt him in Feltham.  You know you want to.                          Thursday 15th July 20:00           V         
    Posted by Machka
    Nice one hunni. Count me in! xxx
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00:
    Come on ladies show us your support... erm.
    Posted by Machka
    Is this still on tonight? If so, which table hun?
  • edited July 2010

If you are going to watch the show either Sky+ it or watch it live as its unlikely to be repeated with John on it

• edited July 2010
    If you are going to watch the show either Sky+ it or watch it live as its unlikely to be repeated with John on it
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Many thanks hunni xx
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    LOL, Great pic Machka!

I remember Charlie Brooker saying John looks like an end of level boss in a Womble computer game! lol
  • edited July 2010
    he cant be that bad - or they wouldnt re book him to appear - i always say dont believe all you read, see or hear in the media cos most is fake, maybe he is a really nice bloke? or im wrong and he is an as s ole!!
  • edited July 2010
    omg I really dont like that guy at all (and im being as nice as i can here) I can't even bear to watch him on tv...please skypoker don't ever give this 'thing' any tv time and polite conversation...he doesn't deserve it!
    This i know is my opinion but OMG!!! Seriously!!!
  • edited July 2010
    he cant be that bad - or they wouldnt re book him to appear - i always say dont believe all you read, see or hear in the media cos most is fake, maybe he is a really nice bloke? or im wrong and he is an as s ole!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    He's one of the few genuine characters left in the media these days. He's brilliant TV. I'd choose him over Simon Cowell any day. In a platonic way, you understand.

He's far from the perfect human being (who is?) but I appreciate his honesty. In a media driven society overridden with PC lunacy he's a breath of fresh air.

He's sexist, yes, but, ladies, I'll let you into a secret : almost all men are really. The wiser amongst us just don't admit it to your faces ;-) I don't mean you should be chained to the sinks or anything like that. Not at all. We're just different species and always will be. Hence we act superior even though, in some ways we are, we're not in a million billion ways. I think it was Bill Hicks who said that woman that want to be equal to men lack ambition. Touche.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00 : He's one of the few genuine characters left in the media these days. He's brilliant TV. I'd choose him over Simon Cowell any day. In a platonic way, you understand. He's far from the perfect human being (who is?) but I appreciate his honesty. In a media driven society overridden with PC lunacy he's a breath of fresh air. He's sexist, yes, but, ladies, I'll let you into a secret : almost all men are really. The wiser amongst us just don't admit it to your faces ;-) I don't mean you should be chained to the sinks or anything like that. Not at all. We're just different species and always will be. Hence we act superior even though, in some ways we are, we're not in a million billion ways. I think it was Bill Hicks who said that woman that want to be equal to men lack ambition. Touche.
    Posted by bandini
    Rubbish.
    Saying that you'd choose him over Simon Cowell is hardly any recommendation is it?

The argument that most men are sexist is clearly tosh. It could be argued that before the end of apartheid that a large proportion of white South Africans were racist; that wouldn't make it right, would it?

The man is an oaf and I am very disappointed that someone had chosen to book him again for Sky Poker.
  • edited July 2010
    omg I really dont like that guy at all (and im being as nice as i can here) I can't even bear to watch him on tv...please skypoker don't ever give this 'thing' any tv time and polite conversation...he doesn't deserve it! This i know is my opinion but OMG!!! Seriously!!!
    Posted by BananaDog
    I'd recommend that you don't watch him.
    This is what I choose to do and, hopefully, if enough people take this course of action, Sky Poker will stop giving airtime to his bigoted views.

My respect for Sky Poker dips enormously each time someone chooses to book him.
    His opinions and attitudes should be contradicted at every opportunity not given airtime on Sky Poker.

The need to put down any other section of society because of race/religion/gender/orientation shows a huge feeling of inadequacy and ignorance in the person holding the view.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00 : I'd recommend that you don't watch him. This is what I choose to do and, hopefully, if enough people take this course of action, Sky Poker will stop giving airtime to his bigoted views. My respect for Sky Poker dips enormously each time someone chooses to book him. His opinions and attitudes should be contradicted at every opportunity not given airtime on Sky Poker. The need to put down any other section of society because of race/religion/gender/orientation shows a huge feeling of inadequacy and ignorance in the person holding the view.
    Posted by MereNovice
    yeah I totally agree, i luv u skypoker but i am NOT watching this horrible man on TV...he doesn't deserve any airtime and will ruin the whole feel of the programme. Having a great friendly community here is fantastic but someone like that on the programme just brings the whole feeling to a standstill, I hope for your sakes he tones it down a bit but I think your giving yourselves a lot of grief unnecessarily when most people can't be bothered with the guy anyway :(
    ps, at least you know you can't get any worse next time! lol
  • edited July 2010
    ps, there are not a lot of people I don't like, I accept people for who they are and I think you have to be accepting of their flaws too as no-one if perfect but I had to say something here as this guy is the only person who I would rather jump off a bridge into shark infested waters to avoid! He has a terrible attitude!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00 : He's one of the few genuine characters left in the media these days. He's brilliant TV. I'd choose him over Simon Cowell any day. In a platonic way, you understand. He's far from the perfect human being (who is?) but I appreciate his honesty. In a media driven society overridden with PC lunacy he's a breath of fresh air. He's sexist, yes, but, ladies, I'll let you into a secret : almost all men are really. The wiser amongst us just don't admit it to your faces ;-) I don't mean you should be chained to the sinks or anything like that. Not at all. We're just different species and always will be. Hence we act superior even though, in some ways we are, we're not in a million billion ways. I think it was Bill Hicks who said that woman that want to be equal to men lack ambition. Touche.
    Posted by bandini
    +1 Correct-a-mundooo !!

It's ridiculous how people over-react about the 'isms'. Man up will ya ladies! :)

I purposely avoided the show last night, because I wanted to save 4 hours golden television for this afternoon, to break up the golf, as 13 hours straight golf is abit much.

Really looking forward to some comedy this afternoon, the unfortunate thing is Gidzo wasn't the analyst.

I was watching the last show he did, and someone asked a question about what level to start at if u have unlimited bankroll. Ed's reaction was hillarious, he put his head in his hands, winced, and I actually thought he was gonna cry at the difficulty of the question! hahaha Ed, along with the Orf, and Mcrirrick wud be fantastic (as it was last time)

P.S TP starting again soon pick meeeeeeeeeeee ED ;)
  • edited July 2010
    I misread the programme info beforehand and thought we were getting this guy!

• edited July 2010
    Dont mind the bloke tbf, but i do think sexism is a thing of the past bandini im sure you maybe a bit old fashioned or been brought up differently but as far as im concerned there is no place for it in todays society. the same as racism & homophobes, this is getting into a total different area but basically the majority of people have moved on from these types of discrimination

See im 22 and i've always been taught to respect women, My Dad cooks for his wife so never thought a womans place is the kitchen and so on

Sorry i felt the need to waffle on here but just think its ridiculous when you people still disciminate to this day
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: It's Ladies Night - Thursday 15th July 20:00 : +1 Correct-a-mundooo !! It's ridiculous how people over-react about the 'isms'. Man up will ya ladies! :) I purposely avoided the show last night, because I wanted to save 4 hours golden television for this afternoon, to break up the golf, as 13 hours straight golf is abit much. Really looking forward to some comedy this afternoon, the unfortunate thing is Gidzo wasn't the analyst. I was watching the last show he did, and someone asked a question about what level to start at if u have unlimited bankroll. Ed's reaction was hillarious, he put his head in his hands, winced, and I actually thought he was gonna cry at the difficulty of the question! hahaha Ed, along with the Orf, and Mcrirrick wud be fantastic (as it was last time) P.S TP starting again soon pick meeeeeeeeeeee ED ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    TRAITOR! ;)