You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am i in the wrong here?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
TBH the guy can do anything he wants cos it's his money - as for the "away" guy, there is nothing stoping you from folding and just shoving on the "away" players BB or something. You can fold in this situation easily and wait for the "away" player to blind out and get into the cash :)

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Basically just played a £2.25 DYM and got nearly beaten a few minutes in and was on 90 chips with everyone still in it. I then choose usually at least once or twice a round to shove and dont get any callers all the way through and build my stack up to 1200 approx, while doing this there is 4 ppl and one of them has been away the whole time! so im in Big blind and get a min raise from one of the other 2 i go all in he turns over a4, i had a5 and he hits. Do you not think this is out of order here as has rewarded the player who hasn't played a hand and most cases everyone will just raise the person who is away to blind out.
    So i abuse this guy in chatbox to no response, i know this is a bad beat but surely this other bloke who has seen me work my way from next to nothing and called with dross knowing that he could be marginally ahead although this other guy has been away the whole time

Am i out of line here, or is the other guy out of order as i said so with a few other words with no response in the chat.

Regards
    John

edit- deleted hh so can bring up other option but its not sorry dont know how to do repoll but other option as it says but wont let you vote - I was completely in the wrong for berating this player and totally out of order
  • edited July 2010
    Are you in the wrong to give out abuse in the chat box? Certainly, if you mean are you in the wrong with your play, then probably not. You think the guy is trying to steal from the "ghost" blind and are re showving to try and take it down. Nothing wrong with that, unless you had more chips than the ghost blind in which case the best tactic might have been to just sit there and wait for him to blind out. (in a DYM anyway)
  • edited July 2010
    lol im so sorry but I had to laugh that you didn't add the voting option "was I out of line" and only that the other guy is out of line or 50/50....
    After playing loads of these games you just cant expect all the other players to do the nice thing and let the away guy blind out (personally I would prefer to do it the nice way)...but they can do what they want with their money and even though I think your great I don't think you should ever bother to put anything in the chat box and risk your own chat being banned!
    I've just had 3 games this morning where the short stack is all in on the bubble...everyone calls and someone shoves us off after the flop and then looses the hand anyway....I think you just need to accept it and try to learn to not let it affect you at all otherwise you will open the next game in the wrong frame of mind.
    gl next time and dont forget to take deep breaths! lol x
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Where is the option for only you being out of order??? Because that's the one I want to choose.
  • edited July 2010
    Problem is the person away had more blinds then me i was raising him a few times previously but then this guy who tries to steal my blind had done it a couple of rounds as if to put pressure on me so i had to shove as likely this guy was going to keep doing this so was the best opportunity + i thought i'd be marginally ahead, was a bad beat and as you say its his right to do what he wants but still the amount of times people will just fold everyhand and allow shortstack to nick the blind as long as there not in danger which he wasnt he had 5x chips of me and the away person

Your right it is wrong to put in chat but so frustrating when trying to build a bankroll up again and this happens having worked so hard to get back up but hey ho
  • edited July 2010
    lol i did put i am totally out of line or something similar but because i posted my hh from that tourney to show i was shoving genuinely any reasonable hand mostly with an ace

so basically the answer poll does say its me out of line for berating this play, i assume by the initial reaction this is true

live and learn, am a bit tired though so maybe took it bit wrong

Regards
    John
  • edited July 2010
    why did you not fold to the raise from him? you had 1200 so all you needed to do was stay ahead of the away player. As for the question, he is within his rights to raise you, personnaly i woulda just let the blinds catch up on the away player, but thats me, not all players are tactically aware as to table dynamics, so no you shouldn't have abused him. I have played dym's where 4 remain with 1 player all in and 2 players call him, one bets and loses the pot, i just type in 'daft play' thats usually enough as you cannot directly say to check down as that is collusion! Where is the only you option as i reckon i woulda picked that!
  • edited July 2010
    Main thing i said was ' that was well out of order' , then mentioned well done for awarding the player who was blinding out. i know i could have waited and would have but the away player had more chips then me by a few hunderd and the other guy had nicked his last couple of blinds so i had no chance to get ahead of him so thought would be ideal

end of day S*** luck and i'm over it already just thought if that was me in his shoes i wouldn't raise shortstacfks big blind firstly and secondly if they come over the top even if i have a marginly better/worse hand imo i would fold knowing this other guy whos away should get blinded out and i have plenty of chips to even worry about that  but thats just me maybe too nice and 10% out there wouldnt do that