You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hmmm a little funny one

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind  15.00 15.00 1915.00
BBBig blind  30.00 45.00 1930.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

UTGFold     
Middle1Raise  90.00 135.00 2180.00
middle2Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  210.00 345.00 2345.00
SBFold     
BBFold     
middle1Call  120.00 465.00 2060.00
Flop

• A

middle1Check     
The_Don90 Bet  240.00 705.00 2105.00
middle1Call  240.00 945.00 1820.00
Turn

middle1Check     
The_Don90 Check     
River

• A

middle1Check     
The_Don90 Check     
middle1Show

The_Don90 Show
  • J
  • J

The_Don90 Win Two Pairs, Aces and Jacks 945.00  3050.00
Now heres a little funny one. I have JJ and re-raise pre. I get called suggesting possibly AK AQ imo. The A strikes the flop. Not ideal opponent check calls. Didnt really like that and i shutdown for the remainder of the hand.

I see i was miles ahead at the end, but did i play it correctly.

Comments

• edited July 2010

I don't know what sort of game this is, mtt/stt or what, and I wouldnt know the answer for tournys...

But If it was a cash game, I would deffo be value betting that river, hoping for a call rom 77-TT.

He has checked both the turn and river to you, the 2nd ace makes me more comfortable. Would be weird for him to try and c/r the river with an ace, so I can safely value bet half the pot on the river.

(He'd probably already have clicked "call any" and show me 67 of clubs the way things have been going)

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm a little funny one:
    I don't know what sort of game this is, mtt/stt or what, and I wouldnt know the answer for tournys... But If it was a cash game, I would deffo be value betting that river, hoping for a call rom 77-TT. He has checked both the turn and river to you, the 2nd ace makes me more comfortable. Would be weird for him to try and c/r the river with an ace, so I can safely value bet half the pot on the river. (He'd probably already have clicked "call any" and show me 67 of clubs the way things have been going)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Haha u basically managed to read a hand about 3 hands later, although it was diamonds. How he cashed ill never know.

It was a DYM i must add. So object is just final 3 mate. Which i managed. This was just a hand that i thought id get advice with, because alot of people said i need to slow down in these situations and i think i may have over slowed.
  • edited July 2010

Ahh I dunno the rules about dyms....

Maybe you should just check down all 3 streets isn't it all about chip preservation?

Im useless at them, so I wouldnt know.

In a cash game this is one thing that has improved alot in my game, whilst alot of things have been going wrong - getting value from my hands on the river.

• edited July 2010
    U dont say if the guy is a staiton or ur reads on him, assuming he is steady.....
    U controlled the pot size with a very bad board for u, seems good to me better to win a small pot than lose a monster when u cud be a mile behind. 
  • edited July 2010
    easiest value bet on the river. he dont have an A, as when you check backed the turn they would of fired out on the river.
  • edited July 2010

Right i have not looked at others

I'd raise more pre-flop
    Raise more on Flop
    by turn if opponent still there probably would have slowed down and check/check if allowed not worth putting much more in as if you had raised bit more and got called on the flop likely your behind to at least an ace

still nh got paid of against complete junk, if you had raised more you probably wouldn't have

although if i've got jacks i would raise more to protect it and try knock of ace rag hands

My personal play would be to re-raise to 300 to get an idea where your at, with ace on the flop you can represent by betting 600 as likely they could put you on ace so could either take it down or if called from there slow down try 2 check turn and river

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Hmmm a little funny one:
    U dont say if the guy is a staiton or ur reads on him, assuming he is steady..... U controlled the pot size with a very bad board for u, seems good to me better to win a small pot than lose a monster when u cud be a mile behind. 
    Posted by waynecure
    Sorry i was still playing as i posted. This was really the first pot id been willing to get overly involved in and handnt seen much from any of the players, no reads what so ever.

As you said i was happy winning the small pot, rather than losing a massive one.