You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Desperate for Some advice??????

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
lol donkments, sell it.

Comments

• edited July 2010
      I went out last night and won a seat into a satellite for the WPT in London worth £550.  First, I thought great, then I had offers to sell the seat for between 3 and 4 hundred pounds.  Should I sell and just  add the money to my bankroll?  Or take a chance and maybe qualify to the main event.
         There could be fifteen seats up for grabs in this satellite.
         I keep swinging both ways sell or play???

• edited July 2010
    If I was you I'd play it no matter what.
  • edited July 2010

PLAY!!

.......not sure about you 'swinging both ways' though :))
  • edited July 2010
    Is it transferable? How much would you sell it for?
  • edited July 2010
    If it were me, i'd play, because the experience of playing in a WPT against some of the worlds best players is something that you can't quantify. I know that you need to win the satellite to get there, but I value the opportunity to play in that Tournament greater than £300-£400.

That said, i'm young and very inexperienced (compared to the assumed field) so the occasion will mean more to me than possibly you or others. I certainly wouldn't be going into the event with the intention of winning the thing, rather just enjoy the experience.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Tina

Well, in my opinion, you are good enough to do it, but ultimately its your decision.
  • edited July 2010
    thanks everyone
  • edited July 2010
    I'd Play it, well done but push as far as you can go you never know may not get another chance
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Desperate for Some advice??????:
    Is it transferable? How much would you sell it for?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Always on the scrounge ;) lol

Tina, two options, if you want to play it then do so because it could lead on to a great experience of playing in the WPT. If however the money will be of help to you then sell it and put the money to better use within your BR etc. For me I play it and kick myself afterwards for not selling it once I bubble lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Desperate for Some advice??????:
    thanks everyone
    Posted by karlluke
    Hi Tina,
    Let me put it this way. As i see it if you trully believe you can get through to the WPT then go for it, but if you have any doubts about you ability to compete at this level(which i don't have any doubt that you CAN), then sell the ticket and go for at least £400 plus.
    Gl with you decision mate.

col
  • edited July 2010
    im with young gun on this. Play it and you have the ability to go far in the satelltie and play with some of the worlds finest poker players. Would be a great experiance, and the seat is worth more than youd think if you get through, not only in seat value to the company, but personal value of playing with bigger and better players. And just imagine if you manage to beat some of them, well you provbe your uop there to not only the people that know, but the world.
  • edited July 2010
    Take the money it's only a satellite. 
  • edited July 2010
    look what kidgirlgy is doing,go for it i say gl
  • edited July 2010
    PLAY IT!

I was in a 10E turbo rebuy recently for a 2000E package to UKIPT Killarney, spent over 100E on rebuys (had a few cheeky drinks) and came 2nd - the tournament was overlaid, so I got nothing.

Absolutely gutted.

Then it turns out he was in Vegas when the UKIPT was on and couldn't sell/transfer his seat.

Still tilts me when I think about it.

So I say play it, if you don't you'll always be wondering what could have been...
    Why would you enter the satellite if not FTW?
    Plus I know you can do it!