You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is a 15BI downswing standard?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    lol - Doesnt it depend on how ur playing?

Do you mean a 15 BI downswing playing exactly the same as you did when you wre winning/breaking even?

If so surely the answer has to be yes.

Is it standard to tilt/donk/call off 20 buy ins?
  • edited July 2010
    i think playing the same but im not even sure lol. If ive dropped 15BIs could it just be standard or is it more likely ive been playing badly/tilting? I dont really think i have changed anything though.
  • edited July 2010
    Stardard?  Yes

Does it deserve examining?  For sure.  When I go on a downswing like this I literally go through dozens of hands in the swing to check if I am adding to the downswing by some poor choices.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Is a 15BI downswing standard?:
    i think playing the same but im not even sure lol. If ive dropped 15BIs could it just be standard or is it more likely ive been playing badly/tilting? I dont really think i have changed anything though.
    Posted by BlackFish3

15 buytins is nothing how many tables are you playing?!
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    Im currently playing 20BI's but wwould find it hard to drop back down.

However comming to 15 id probably have to consider it, everyone says my BR management is the cauce of my problems so ive worked on that. GL what ever level your on Blackfish.
  • edited July 2010
    if your play donkments (DYM/sngs/mtts) you shoudl have around 100bi for that level.

op how did you mange to lose 15bi @ 5nl lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Is a 15BI downswing standard?:
    if your play donkments (DYM/sngs/mtts) you shoudl have around 100bi for that level. op how did you mange to lose 15bi @ 5nl lol
    Posted by harvey23
    still looking for where i said i lost it at 5nl...
  • edited July 2010
    over how many hands? what limit?

the answer is yes, but i would be more worried depending on my winrate.
  • edited July 2010
    6876 hands, 10nl rush, -$202.72, EV -$150.7

So is this just a really bad downswing, or should I be looking at how im playing? And how should I go about looking into how im playing?
  • edited July 2010
    Blackfish although could be just a downswing still worth having a look at how you played the hands, maybe that you have picked up a bad habit and havent realised. Or have made some poor decisions based on tilt without knowing. just review your hands see if you could have played differently, maybe get someone else with better/similar ability to analyse a couple of sessions

Sure your be back on the winning trail soon just a matter of time