You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First Tournament win

I couldn't post on Jordan39's original post for some reason so had to start a new discussion.

Got my first big win last night in the 3k Gtd Open. I only played as my girlfriend was watching something boring on TV and wanted something to do. I had £12 in my account and was in two minds whether to play the open or the Primo Semi Sat. Im glad I choose the open.

It as so nerve racking. I was down to 1,400 at one stage and then built it all up.

Went in at 3rd at the first break and then had a bit of a nightmare. Ended the next session in 22nd.

Finally built my stack up to around 200k and make the final table.

My and mygirlfried were so nervous. I was happy to just make the final table but she was pushing me to go for it as id probably never get this chance again.

Finally at heads up I had 3 times of my opponent. I hit AJ suited and he had 5 2. He hit his 2 on the flop but luckily I hit the Ace on the river.

We just errupted with joy. Our neighbours must have wondered wat was going on at !2.10am.

The feeling was amazing. Im still in shock today. The £1,100 will come in so handy for us.

WHAT A NIGHT!!!

Comments