You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5 problem hands

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hand 1:

Hero $11.45
Villain $7.97

Readless, rush 10nl.

Hero raises to 35c from CO with KdQd
Villain flats on BTN.

Flop 9s Kc 3s

Hero bets 60c into 85c.
Villain raises to $1.20.

What should hero do here?

Hand 2:

Hero $22.48
Villain $10.33

Readless, rush 10nl.

Hero raises to 30c from SB with AsQs
Villain flats in BB.

Flop Qd 9d 4s

Hero bets 40c into 60c.
Villain raises to $1.10.

Hand 3:

Hero $16.63
Villain $10.89

Readless, rush 10nl.

Hero raises to 30c from SB with AhAc
Villain flats in BB.

Flop 2c 3d kh

Hero bets 40c into 60c.
Villain calls.

Turn 7d

Hero bets $1 into $1.40
Villain calls.

River 8d

Hero bets $2.50 into $3.40
Villain raises to $5.50

Hand 4:

Hero $10.54
Villain $9.90

Readless, rush 10nl.

Hero raises to 35c UTG with JdJc
Villain flats from BB.

Flop 5s 2d 4c

Villain bets 20c into 75c.
Hero raises to $1.35.
Villain raises to $2.50.

Hand 5:

Hero $13.96
Villain $11.01

Readless, rush 10nl.

Hero raises to 35c from BTN with AhQh
Villain flats from BB.

Flop 2h As 3d

Hero bets 50c into 75c.
Villain raises to $1

Comments

• edited July 2010

I wish I cared this much :(
  • edited July 2010
    please make 1, 2 max hands per thread.

hand 1+2) since we have postion i would just flat, the only thing that are ahead of you at this point are sets which is unlikely. then I would see what they do on the turn, I am not folding either hand tho.

also you can use a HUD on rush, i suggest you do
  • edited July 2010
    Flat the first and bet the turn.
    3 bet the second.
    Heat of the moment I call. But I cant see what hes raising here on the river that you beat unless hes a donk.
    Fold the forth.
    3 bet the 5th.

• edited July 2010
    You could have changed the $ for £'s and played on skypoker. lol
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 5 problem hands:
    You could have changed the $ for £'s and played on skypoker. lol
    Posted by TORTUS007
    just typos, its rush poker on sky :D
  • edited July 2010
    Hand 4:

Hero $10.54
    Villain $9.90

Readless, rush 10nl.

Hero raises to 35c UTG with JdJc
    Villain flats from BB.

Flop 5s 2d 4c

Villain bets 20c into 75c.
    Hero raises to $1.35.
    Villain raises to $2.50.

Fold the 4th?? really???

Maybe rush is different, but on nl10 on sky, JJ on a 5 high board = all my money in the middle if possible!

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    Flat the first and bet the turn. 3 bet the second. Heat of the moment I call. But I cant see what hes raising here on the river that you beat unless hes a donk. Fold the forth. 3 bet the 5th.
    Posted by Strat91
    Pretty much this, although I probably just flat in hand 5 as we have position and there aren't really many scare cards for us on the turn. Also min betting/min raising really tilts me so I probably call in hand 4 in the heat of the moment, but we're probably behind most times.
  • edited July 2010

I've only done first 3 as got bored after that

1) Call & Re-evaluate
    2) I'd Bet more Pre, 5 betting. Flop i would bet more again and a potsize bet
    from what you have done i would re-raise to $3 and if they shove call as i think you have under represented your hand
    3) Bet more Pre, 5 bet here. think 5 betting would be much better then your standard 3 bet as i have played rush and likely to get called still and get max value, also you dont want bad cards outdrawing you
    the rest played perfect imo and call on the river, getting the price to call even though he has played like a flush i reckon he probably has a king maybe a good kicker

• edited July 2010

4) Shove

5) Re-raise or shove

im quite suprised by you 3 or 3.5 betting hands in rush i dont think that is a good way to play it id 5 bet, if you take it down so be it and if you get called you can extract max value. Thats my opinon have played a bit in the past at the same level although not in a while

• ybyb
    edited July 2010
    4) Shove 5) Re-raise or shove im quite suprised by you 3 or 3.5 betting hands in rush i dont think that is a good way to play it id 5 bet, if you take it down so be it and if you get called you can extract max value. Thats my opinon have played a bit in the past at the same level although not in a while
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    This isn't what 3 betting/5 betting means.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 5 problem hands : This isn't what 3 betting/5 betting means.
    Posted by yb
    Right ill put it simpler!! as you play more hands the best way in rush is to play premium hands, when you do get them you shouldn't be 3 betting at all in these imo unless you are in late position and you want to try and get someone involved. by 5 betting these hands you will extract more value and weed out the rubbish ones, although most of the time you may not mind being called by rubbish but unless in late position you do not want to be called by a few ppl with your premium hand as likely someone could outdraw you. thats my opinion and tends to work well in rush play decent cards and position but as you wont be playing the same ppl much 5 bet your good hands and get more value and try to get heads up against one opponent. this in turn you will lose less on your big hands and win more when someone goes with you
  • edited July 2010
    basically i suggest changing ur standard bet to 4 or 5 betting unless in late positon and folded round to you as it works well this way
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 5 problem hands : Right ill put it simpler!! as you play more hands the best way in rush is to play premium hands, when you do get them you shouldn't be 3 betting at all in these imo unless you are in late position and you want to try and get someone involved. by 5 betting these hands you will extract more value and weed out the rubbish ones, although most of the time you may not mind being called by rubbish but unless in late position you do not want to be called by a few ppl with your premium hand as likely someone could outdraw you. thats my opinion and tends to work well in rush play decent cards and position but as you wont be playing the same ppl much 5 bet your good hands and get more value and try to get heads up against one opponent. this in turn you will lose less on your big hands and win more when someone goes with you
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    NO

this is not what yb means, this is not '3 betting' or '5 betting'

I assume that you are reffering to 3x bb and 5x bb raises

'3 betting' is re-raising the initial raiser, '5 betting' is re-re-re-raisng after he has re-re-raised you, or '4-bet'

my English is soooooooooo bad
  • edited July 2010
    I've only done first 3 as got bored after that 1) Call & Re-evaluate 2) I'd Bet more Pre, 5 betting. Flop i would bet more again and a potsize bet from what you have done i would re-raise to $3 and if they shove call as i think you have under represented your hand 3) Bet more Pre, 5 bet here. think 5 betting would be much better then your standard 3 bet as i have played rush and likely to get called still and get max value, also you dont want bad cards outdrawing you the rest played perfect imo and call on the river, getting the price to call even though he has played like a flush i reckon he probably has a king maybe a good kicker
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    this is probably true, although this kicker will probably be red and shaped like a diamond, i don't think we can call river
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 5 problem hands : this is probably true, although this kicker will probably be red and shaped like a diamond, i don't think we can call river
    Posted by SHANXTA
    True, but we're getting almost 4/1 on our money and I think there are enough donks who play 10NL rush for the call to be +EV.

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 5 problem hands : True, but we're getting almost 4/1 on our money and I think there are enough donks who play 10NL rush for the call to be +EV.
    Posted by yb
    4got it was rush, is it that diff to normal 10nl? I don't think it's +EV at normal 10nl, but I aint played rush
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 5 problem hands : True, but we're getting almost 4/1 on our money and I think there are enough donks who play 10NL rush for the call to be +EV.
    Posted by yb
    I agree, by the way it was me who was confusing things sorry been one of those day i did in fact mean 5 x big blind not 4 or 5 bet oops :oP
  • edited July 2010
    1) 3b/c flop
    2) 3b/c flop
    3) fold
    4) call and fold to big turn bet
    5) call & dont fold

Strat91 you say flat call 1st hand but 3bet the 2nd one, if anything id rather do it the other way around. villain in hand1 has 80bbss so is likely to be a fish, his minraise also tells us he's bad and can be minraising this board with lots of worse Kx hands which he might then check back on the turn for pot control or shutdown if a spade comes where as i dont see him ever folding top pair on the flop to a smallish 3bet.
  • edited July 2010
    copy your HH too weaktight.com and just paste the links next time like this

http://weaktight.com/2458770
  • edited July 2010
    Ok here goes

Hand 1 - get reads
    Hand 2 - get reads
    Hand 3 - get reads
    Hand 4 - get reads

Hand 5 - get reads!
  • edited July 2010
    it's rush poker bonus week he has a good excuse for playing it atm
  • edited July 2010
    it's rush poker bonus week he has a good excuse for playing it atm
    Posted by zing

No he doesn't he doesn't even know how to react to a flop raise when their are draws out...............LOL

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee readless idiocy ftw
  • edited July 2010
    since the OP aint very good, I would suggest playing on normal tables before you give rush a try.