You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I think what makes Sky Poker such a grand place to be is....

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
The TV presenters.

I know the community's mooted at times, and although that's a big part, and it's a good one close knit one here, all poker sites have communities.

I think the big difference is the presenters that present on a channel that is free to anyone with a sky box?

Where else can you play an affordable tourney against one of the channel's (and one of life's) legends? (TK, obviously)

Where else can the layman seek out a table to play against the presenters where it's such easy money (I'm thinking Orford and LM).

And now for the toadying part : I genuinely find all the presenters to be superbly honest, polite, down to earth and educated individuals. And they even quite often make me laugh. You even have to laugh at Hartigan's moaning.

But seriously, where else can you watch a channel commited to poker where all the presenters are down to earth and even come onto the forums and regularly to reply to us?

And the lady presenters are lookers on par with the higher band of my hitherto girlfriends. 

It's all good Sky, they all deserve pay-rises.

I'd maybe slow down on the Star War parodies though....

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Caveat : I've only been on a table with the Orf twice. First time he felted me when my A10sp got A and two sps on the flop and he had AK. Check raised him, followed by all-in, and didn't hit. 2nd time we both cashed in a 5dym.

LM was 3rd out in a ToT pretty much before I'd started playing.

You can accept LM being the face of sky. And then there's the Orf.