You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quad odds

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
What are the odds on getting a set of quads ? I ask as I got 3 sets of quads against me last night in the space of 1/2 hour !!! 2 by the same player.
Im  not moaning about it as I think  played 2 of the 3 hands fine and just got bad luck.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    If a person has a pocket pair the odds are as follows:

Flopping quads:   375 to 1

Making quads after the river:  112 to 1

If a person does not hold a pocket pair:

Flopping quads:   8647 to 1

Making quads after the river:  864 to 1

(assuming that you hold two known different cards!)

If you look the odds up on some sites you will see slightly higher odds, this would be because they are not considering the fact that you have two known cards.
  • edited July 2010
    had pocket aces in a hu comp, hit ace on flop, whats the odds on losing the hand. ps does it make any difference to the odds if it was hu, 6 seater or 10!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Quad odds:
    If a person has a pocket pair the odds are as follows: Flopping quads:   375 to 1 Making quads after the river:  112 to 1 If a person does not hold a pocket pair: Flopping quads:   8647 to 1 Making quads after the river:  864 to 1 (assuming that you hold two known different cards!) If you look the odds up on some sites you will see slightly higher odds, this would be because they are not considering the fact that you have two known cards.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thanks Mere, they all had pocket pairs.
  • edited July 2010
    ps. in a 10 seater with aces,1 all in then me all in, followed by 2 others, i know i aint fav with 4 of us in it, but what is the actual odds of me winning??
  • edited July 2010
    ps. in a 10 seater with aces,1 all in then me all in, followed by 2 others, i know i aint fav with 4 of us in it, but what is the actual odds of me winning??
    Posted by pod1
    Difficult to say without knowing what hands your opponents have.
    If you were up against 3 lower pairs for instance, you'd be around 54% favourite depending on suits.
  • edited July 2010
    had pocket aces in a hu comp, hit ace on flop, whats the odds on losing the hand. ps does it make any difference to the odds if it was hu, 6 seater or 10!!
    Posted by pod1
    I can't say what the odds are without knowing your opponent's hand and the contents of the flop.
    If you flop a set of aces and your opponent flops a royal flush, you're drawing pretty thin!   ;-)))

The number of people at the table doesn't matter - just the number of opponents that see the flop.

• edited July 2010
    hu =As 7h 4h, 10seater ak qq 88, first one hit runner runner str (qk), second one 8 on flop won it. thanks mere  for the time working this out, phil
  • edited July 2010
    The probability of someone hitting runner, runner KQ to make a straight after the flop is 8/45 * 4/44 = 0.016 approximately which is about 61 to 1.

AA v AK, QQ & 88 is about 58% to win the hand pre-flop.

• edited July 2010
    thank you mere, i always thought you were not the fav with aces against 3 players. phil

• edited July 2010
    thank you mere, i always thought you were not the fav with aces against 3 players. phil
    Posted by pod1
    It depends on your opponents' cards.
    If you were up against three players with suited connectors you'd be about 46%.
  • edited July 2010
    again thanks, and the odds on lolufold winning wsop, even i know they are a lot better today than this time yesterday.
  • edited July 2010
    again thanks, and the odds on lolufold winning wsop, even i know they are a lot better today than this time yesterday.
    Posted by pod1
    If we applied odds pro rata based on chips stacks, Redmond has 3,315,000 of 219,635,000 chips in play so he would be about 65 to 1.

It's good that poker isn't that simple, isn't it?  :-)))