You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky fix the deck

edited August 2010 in Area 51
ive played on sky poker now for over 9 months as well as playing frequently on other sites,what i find with sky is that it tends to fix the deck,ive seen so many times not only with me but when im watching after folding a hand so many unbelievable river cards its untrue,im personally not going to be playing on sky anymore as i find full tilt more fair and more believable especially as its 9 handed compared to sky`s 6 handed..sky seems to have time limit and no matter what after 2 hours somone will be a winner mainly cause the decks have been fixed for an all in at some stage which ive seen so many times which is remarkable for a 6 handed game..this is not sour grapes just what ive seen from playing other sites..thank you

Comments

• edited July 2010

But it is sour grapes innit? coz u cnt win here.

By the way gl on FT, where the standard is much higher - and u will get beaten up even more.

p.s, plonker
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to sky fix the deck:
    ive played on sky poker now for over 9 months as well as playing frequently on other sites,what i find with sky is that it tends to fix the deck,ive seen so many times not only with me but when im watching after folding a hand so many unbelievable river cards its untrue,im personally not going to be playing on sky anymore as i find full tilt more fair and more believable especially as its 9 handed compared to sky`s 6 handed..sky seems to have time limit and no matter what after 2 hours somone will be a winner mainly cause the decks have been fixed for an all in at some stage which ive seen so many times which is remarkable for a 6 handed game..this is not sour grapes just what ive seen from playing other sites..thank you
    Posted by HoCus
    Mrs. Bun the baker?
    The bridge score card?
    The hangman?
    The ace of plums?
  • edited July 2010
    Haven't had an ace of plums for weeks now. Sure it's set up against me.
  • edited July 2010
     I try not to worry to much about the river because if Im in a hand I will hopefully have taken the pot before the river card comes down!
     Also their have been lots of unbelievable rivers in big live games its how you deal with them that matters. If you go into a game thinking the cards will be against you this will inhibit your game and you will have no chance!
  • edited July 2010
    My feelin is there are a few plonkers in this neck of the woods ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    All the fixing accusations are garbage in my opinion. For a start, Tikay has not been here to fix the decks, so who else has the knowledge and ability to do it?. That's put that argument to bed I reckon......
  • edited July 2010
    Still haven't had an Ace of Plums ....... can't be legit!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: sky fix the deck:
    But it is sour grapes innit? coz u cnt win here. By the way gl on FT, where the standard is much higher - and u will get beaten up even more. p.s, plonker
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

erm who said i have`nt won or cant win playing on sky poker ?? im just making an observation,most of the tournaments last 2 hours no matter what the blinds are and how many players are playing,ive played a lot of tournaments on fT and won 2 on FT with 200 players and each time the tournament has lasted over 4 hours..i only gave the river card as an example,it also happens a lot on the turn and flop..as for playing on FT ive won over 5k dollars.i wouldnt say that the standard is higher ..its just harder to win cause there are more players in each of the tournaments..as for making personal comments against me erm well i can see what type of person you are !!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    My feelin is there are a few plonkers in this neck of the woods ;o)
    Posted by dav1964

can u mention them or is it that u cant  have a discussion !!!! so all you do is make silly personal childish  comments !! this is supposed to be a place where u can discuss things but instead all u wanna do is jump on the bandwagon of name calling so it makes u look good !!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: sky fix the deck : can u mention them or is it that u cant  have a discussion !!!! so all you do is make silly personal childish  comments !! this is supposed to be a place where u can discuss things but instead all u wanna do is jump on the bandwagon of name calling so it makes u look good !!!!
    Posted by HoCus
    Errrm i was not insulting you mate i was commenting on remarks directed at you.Soz if you misunderstood me and as you say you should be able to say things without being jumped on.
  • edited July 2010
    Now as  TD live i can assure you live poker is just as mixed up and here on Sky. Now ive played here aswell as FT and other site. What do i prefer. Sky by a mile, why because its 6 handed. This is a vast reason why tournaments last 2 hours. The chips are more spread out meaning more people are likley to go all in, not because of coolers or anything like that but because more people can have AA, KK or a strong holding at the same time.
  • edited July 2010
    tIn Response to sky fix the deck:
    Posted by HoCus
    totally agree mate  the brainwashed will argue with you all day long so just post and dont bite to their ridiculous comments to your article, ill whisper this bit yo ya   sssshhhhhh    only the REAL QUALITY players can see that online and live poker is so vastly different its like another game altogether   when i play live its for about 5 hours  best hand usual a full house   playing online guaranteed to see quads or str flush a few times    ENOUGH SAID   no more hands played so that dont wash     explain that please     sssshhhhhhhhh
  • edited July 2010
    can't say anything bad about sky, this is an actual screenshot of my hole cards from another poker site.

• edited July 2010
    can't say anything bad about sky, this is an actual screenshot of my hole cards from another poker site.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    VNH miyagi,friendly with the dealer eh? ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    Lets just say every time the dealer put out a flop, my hands were all over it.
  • edited July 2010
    Lets just say every time the dealer put out a flop, my hands were all over it.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    pmsl ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    people like this annoy me, it happens on every site. i always used to think PS was the worse for it but still play there but not as much as on here, its a random generator so in no way would it be fixed it just so happens you notice the river helping someone more so then say a good flop or even you sucking out on the river. Basically its all swings and roundabouts on each site and its how you bounce back from them

I'd say good luck but i dont mean it bye
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: sky fix the deck : Errrm i was not insulting you mate i was commenting on remarks directed at you.Soz if you misunderstood me and as you say you should be able to say things without being jumped on.
    Posted by dav1964

soz i misunderstood you  !!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Just played in the £4000 open, finished 15th out of 443 but the way i went out was unbelieveable, i was in the big blind with 22000 left, no action to the small blind an he raises me 14000 and i have KK, i move all in which he calls with k q which i have dominated, the flop then comes Q Q 5, turn 7, river 2... everyone has bad beats and i understand that, but jus feel pretty gutted atm...
  • edited July 2010
    i thought it was mean to be 100% random with the card can some1 explane if it isint
  • edited July 2010
    i thought it was mean to be 100% random with the card can some1 explane if it isint
    Posted by uklion111
    Its my belief that it IS 100% random, the problem is that some people can't accept that bad beats happen in poker and hence the number of posts in Area 51.  I have to admit that when I first started playing the game I used to climb the wall everytime my pocket Aces or Kings were cracked by someone playing 3 7 offsuit hitting the straight.  However I have now come to accept that it is part of the game and with that acceptance my enjoyment has improved 100%.  Now all I need to do is start cashing more and I will be REALLY happy:)

Steve

Edit PS Welcome to the forum. 
  • edited July 2010
    Last night was disgraceful. The Primo was not even down to the final table by midnight when coverage ended! I demand an inquest into the failure of the fixed deck to get things over and done with by midnight.....

That is the usual "evidence" for fixed ness on SKY ain't it, that the tournament needs to fit in a specified time slot?
  • edited July 2010
    Last night was disgraceful. The Primo was not even down to the final table by midnight when coverage ended! I demand an inquest into the failure of the fixed deck to get things over and done with by midnight..... That is the usual "evidence" for fixed ness on SKY ain't it, that the tournament needs to fit in a specified time slot?
    Posted by luvBWFC
    HAHA n1 really PMSL when i see this ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Mr HoCus, I would like to reply directly to some of the statements in your OP if I may!

"so many unbelievable river cards its untrue"
    What is so unbelievable about miracle river (or any) cards?
    They happen on every site and in every live game! It's not unusual, it's part of the game. There are always five community cards which is something many people seem to forget!

"more believable especially as its 9 handed compared to sky`s 6 handed"
    What is more believable about a 9 handed table?
    Did you know that DTD and many other poker rooms are now introducing 6 max tables!

"sky seems to have time limit and no matter what after 2 hours someone will be a winner"
    Now forgive my ignorance but I believe that, depending on runners, most of the deepstacks last 3 hours + and the main events (which would have a comparable number of runners to the games you appear to be comparing them to) can last over 4 hours!

"the decks have been fixed for an all in at some stage"
    Erm, this statement doesn't actually make any sense! It is up to the people concerned as to whether they put their chips in the middle or not! If you're talking about hands like AA vs KK I would be interested as to how many times you have ACTUALLY seen this happen and then compare it to the times you see the same thing happen in, say, a live tournament! Sorry, you do play live, don't you?

And finally....
    "i find with sky is that it tends to fix the deck"
    one question........WHY? There is no reason and no sensible explanation for them wanting or needing to do so!

I don't normally reply to these nonsense posts but I had 10 minutes to spare so I thought I would just try and find out what is going through your mind!

Good luck with your reply!

Chris
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Mr HoCus, I would like to reply directly to some of the statements in your OP if I may! "so many unbelievable river cards its untrue" What is so unbelievable about miracle river (or any) cards? They happen on every site and in every live game! It's not unusual, it's part of the game. There are always five community cards which is something many people seem to forget! "more believable especially as its 9 handed compared to sky`s 6 handed" What is more believable about a 9 handed table? Did you know that DTD and many other poker rooms are now introducing 6 max tables! "sky seems to have time limit and no matter what after 2 hours someone will be a winner" Now forgive my ignorance but I believe that, depending on runners, most of the deepstacks last 3 hours + and the main events (which would have a comparable number of runners to the games you appear to be comparing them to) can last over 4 hours! "the decks have been fixed for an all in at some stage" Erm, this statement doesn't actually make any sense! It is up to the people concerned as to whether they put their chips in the middle or not! If you're talking about hands like AA vs KK I would be interested as to how many times you have ACTUALLY seen this happen and then compare it to the times you see the same thing happen in, say, a live tournament! Sorry, you do play live, don't you? And finally.... "i find with sky is that it tends to fix the deck" one question........WHY? There is no reason and no sensible explanation for them wanting or needing to do so! I don't normally reply to these nonsense posts but I had 10 minutes to spare so I thought I would just try and find out what is going through your mind! Good luck with your reply! Chris
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Wish i could type that in 10 minutes ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    Just played in the £4000 open, finished 15th out of 443 but the way i went out was unbelieveable, i was in the big blind with 22000 left, no action to the small blind an he raises me 14000 and i have KK, i move all in which he calls with k q which i have dominated, the flop then comes Q Q 5, turn 7, river 2... everyone has bad beats and i understand that, but jus feel pretty gutted atm...
    Posted by Rhodesey88
    wernt the table/chip leader that put you out by any chance was it?so fake...also the way your bounced from table to table is totally unreal,..its more like rush poker at times,..1 hand ,move,another hand ,moved,...bs.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: sky fix the deck : Wish i could type that in 10 minutes ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    that took you 15 mins didnt it dav lol;)
  • edited July 2010
    Fixed Decks???

Yes of course they do.... And Unicorns Exist, as do Wizards and Warlocks 

I'll regurgetate the same thing i say every time i read one of these

If It's Rigged................WHY?

How do Sky Choose Who Should Win?............ And Again WHY?

What Additional Profit or advantage is to be gained by SKY for doing this?

Do you think that a houshold brand name such as SKY would bother to rig anything associated with it's betting sites when that could ruin them and shut them down?

Do you Think any additional profit they got would even be a drop in the ocean in comparrison to lets say the TV income? and if your answer to that question is NO (which by the way it should be or your wrong) Do you think they would risk their reputation to get a few extra pounds from some £1 rake tourneys and people playing 2p-4p cash (again if your answer to this is not NO then you are again i'm affraid ....... WRONG)

Take yourself outside and have a word in your ear........ cos your making yourself look like a right plum
  • edited July 2010
    Fixed Decks??? Yes of course they do.... And Unicorns Exist, as do Wizards and Warlocks  I'll regurgetate the same thing i say every time i read one of these If It's Rigged................WHY? How do Sky Choose Who Should Win?............ And Again WHY? What Additional Profit or advantage is to be gained by SKY for doing this? Do you think that a houshold brand name such as SKY would bother to rig anything associated with it's betting sites when that could ruin them and shut them down? Do you Think any additional profit they got would even be a drop in the ocean in comparrison to lets say the TV income? and if your answer to that question is NO (which by the way it should be or your wrong) Do you think they would risk their reputation to get a few extra pounds from some £1 rake tourneys and people playing 2p-4p cash (again if your answer to this is not NO then you are again i'm affraid ....... WRONG) Take yourself outside and have a word in your ear........ cos your making yourself look like a right plum
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Yes well said mate BUT the real question is HOW LONG did it take you to type this? ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: sky fix the deck : Yes well said mate BUT the real question is HOW LONG did it take you to type this? ;o)
    Posted by dav1964
    A well used 5 mins of my day, but don't worry as it wasn't wasted, i got paid while doing it lol