You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Always Re-raise here?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
loosedeuce Small blind  50.00 50.00 2047.50
Dudeskin8 Big blind  100.00 150.00 5102.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

XRaise  300.00 450.00 4025.00
mike1975 Fold     
frankspen1 Fold     
Call  300.00 750.00 5440.00
loosedeuce Fold     
Dudeskin8
I often get in this spot where I want to reraise but then think it's only ace high, is it better to just call and see what happens, but I know this is wrong. So is this always a 3 bet and how much ?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Personally I wouldn't say it's always a 3 bet because I think it largely depends on how the other players have been playing. If they've been quite tight then I'd just flat & re-assess on the flop whereas if they've been loose aggro then I'm 3 betting here all day long. The tricky bit for me would be the sizing as bet sizing seems to be a bit of a weak point in my game, but if I were to 3 bet here then I'd be raising it up to maybe 900/1000.

I guess that more often than not you'll win the pot there & then & it's a healthy addition to your stack.
  • edited July 2010
    since player Y has called on the button, we can put him on a range of 22-JJ and worse Ax Kx hands then yours.

AKo is not going to play well 3 way OOP. Since player Y has called, I think this is a great spot to 3bet, since it puts pressure on the opening raiser because there is another player to act on the button.

obz if we 3bet, we are calling  a shove.
  • edited July 2010
    Well the whole table had been pretty passive, mainly limping or calling my raises but not often open raising, plus it comes from utg, although it is only 6-handed.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Always Re-raise here?:
    since player Y has called on the button, we can put him on a range of 22-JJ and worse Ax Kx hands then yours. AKo is not going to play well 3 way OOP. Since player Y has called, I think this is a great spot to 3bet, since it puts pressure on the opening raiser because there is another player to act on the button. obz if we 3bet, we are calling  a shove.
    Posted by harvey23
    Really ? I can't see why you would call off a like another 3-4k with AK. If I'm then reraised it's surely a simple fold ?
  • edited July 2010
    make it 1k and call a shove.

dont flat call. dont 3bet fold. :)
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Always Re-raise here?:
    In Response to Re: Always Re-raise here? : Really ? I can't see why you would call off a like another 3-4k with AK. If I'm then reraised it's surely a simple fold ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    because 3bet folding AK is terrible, if you plan to raise only to fold to a shove, you pretty turning your hand into a bluff, may as well do it with a hand like 73o if your planning on 3bet folding.