You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

interesting

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  150.00 150.00 6655.00
artifice7 Big blind  300.00 450.00 4310.00
  Your hole cards

rospink Call  300.00 750.00 9157.50
bogimonstr Fold     
The_Don90 Call  150.00 900.00 6505.00
artifice7 Check     
Flop

The_Don90 Bet  450.00 1350.00 6055.00
artifice7 All-in  4310.00 5660.00 0.00
rospink Fold    

Comments

• edited July 2010
    raise or fold pre flop.

bet fold to shove on flop.
  • edited July 2010
    Limp preflop is ok, half pot bet to see where you are maybe could have made it 600 but either way you get the same answer and can snap fold.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting:
    Limp preflop is ok, half pot bet to see where you are maybe could have made it 600 but either way you get the same answer and can snap fold.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    limping the blinds is never good, any decent player in the blinds knows you dont have a strong hand, and I would just 4x it in the BB here with ATC expecing a fold a large percentage of the time, when called i expect to take it down with a cbet a high % of the time.

you should rarley ever make up the blinds in a BvB situation.

take this hand for example, op limped, flopped top pair and just got owned because they are playing OOP without any instistive with marginal holdings.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting : limping the blinds is never good, any decent player in the blinds knows you dont have a strong hand, and I would just 4x it in the BB here with ATC expecing a fold a large percentage of the time, when called i expect to take it down with a cbet a high % of the time. you should rarley ever make up the blinds in a BvB situation. take this hand for example, op limped, flopped top pair and just got owned because they are playing OOP without any instistive with marginal holdings.
    Posted by harvey23
    He was in sb actually, plus he has a desecnt stack so can see if he flops a good draw. Also I don't think an good player will go crazy with just top pair anyway, that's not why we've limped.
  • edited July 2010
    not really very interesting...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: interesting : limping the blinds is never good, any decent player in the blinds knows you dont have a strong hand, and I would just 4x it in the BB here with ATC expecing a fold a large percentage of the time, when called i expect to take it down with a cbet a high % of the time. you should rarley ever make up the blinds in a BvB situation. take this hand for example, op limped, flopped top pair and just got owned because they are playing OOP without any instistive with marginal holdings.
    Posted by harvey23
    Im SB harvey, and theres an UTG call, this is what actually scared me here.
  • edited July 2010
     just fold pre and stop getting yourself into  terrible spots OOP with marginal hands

also 22bbs is not a decent stack size
  • edited July 2010

Fold pre would be my line on this.

You should not really make up in the SB - you are OOP and unless you hit a perfect flop it just doesn't play well.

You haven't got enough of a stack to make up the binds in this situation.