You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

slow playing

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
fed up players slow playing this same player does it alot been playing in bounty hunt now still on  against delaney rain man bailycake murphy all having a good game one other just sits and time out re sit and do it again  and again  this problem is getting worse   other than this 99 percent of people are making it a good site

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Hi innit

It is thier money and they can play as they like in afraid.
  • edited July 2010
    It could also be the player has an awful internet connection.  I used to time out a LOT before I switched to my current ISP.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: slow playing:
    It could also be the player has an awful internet connection.  I used to time out a LOT before I switched to my current ISP.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    i had that problem when i first started so what i did was wait till someone bet big before river  with rubbish and called  got some mad remarks did win once he had less than me it just spoils a good poker site not only that never bets at tha beging of a pot       seen worse  waste of time watched england play
  • edited July 2010
    Innit!

I love your name Sir.

Do you mean that players are playing too slowly, i.e the timer goes down the whole way before they act? If, so, i don't have a problem with this because we all have 15 seconds to act per hand on this site, which is a relatively short time frame in any case.

It is perfectly acceptable to take the full time on every hand imo. Because, some players might be beginners, and genuinely thinking about what to do, and some of us think faster than others. As you say it is only a handful players, i don't see the problem personally. If he is timing out, it could be that he just hasn't thought in time... or that he has a poor connection... who knows...

Hoggers

• edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010

Bananadog has proved in the clinic that slow-playing is over-rated ;)