You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU limped pot weird river spot

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
villain is pretty fishy. weak tight from my note on 6max but never played him HU before. rarely play HU but this table was free and i was bored.

Hand History #273008646 (23:22 17/07/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
x
Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £28.74
scotty77 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £65.58
  Your hole cards
  • A

x
Call   £0.25 £1.00 £28.49
scotty77 Check        
Flop

• A
  • A

scotty77 Check        
x
Check        
Turn

• Q

scotty77 Bet   £1.00 £2.00 £64.58
x
Call   £1.00 £3.00 £27.49
River

scotty77 Bet   £2.25 £5.25 £62.33
x
All-in   £27.49 £32.74 £0.00
scotty77          

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Don't think I can give credit for oppenent holding Ax or any pair. Why have you not raised pre? Depends on who the Villain is and what notes you have on him, but I'm calling this massive over bet it stinks...
  • edited July 2010
    This is such a strange spot. You cant put him on an A or any PP as he didnt raise pre. But why didnt you raise pre? This whole hand is strange. The only slightly creditable hand I can put him on is 22 but even that he still should raise pre. I call here thinking hes shoving you as you didnt raise pre. Strange spot...
  • edited July 2010
    £5.25 pot size
    £27.50 amount to call

27.50+5.25 = 32.75

1.19:1 = 46%~

so you have to have the best hand just under half the time to make this call ev+ if my math is right.

What notes do you have on him, if you say they are weak tight, i doubt they are overshoving here with a bluff. No wrose aces as we chop. Have you seen this player overshove before with trash? I pretty sure he has you at this point just from the infomation you posted.

the pot is so small, so i dont see why they are overshove bluffing unless they are uber bad.

as for people saying villian would raise with any Ax or 22, if they are weak tight they can cerntialy just flat call on the button, because they are bad.
  • ybyb
    edited July 2010
    I'd reluctantly fold, these massive overbets on the river in unraised pots normally indicates a monster (especially as there are no busted draws he could have had) . Also your notes and the fact that he hasn't bought in full suggest hes a fish so he could have limped on the button with an ace.

Fwiw I'd raise pre too.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree it doesnt look like Ax prob more like 99 but it doesn't really matter. This a huge donk's line and why huge donks cannot play Ax like that really?

Donks do that a lot, they slowplay their big hands and then go to the river and realise "OMG there so much money left behind, i'll shove and make it look like a bluff - genius"

So I don't think he's bluffing without history etc so I fold and take his money later.

(Show the results now that he had 5s6s lol)
  • edited July 2010
    fold, at best you chop with A8, but he has 22/99 alot more often
  • edited July 2010
    I don't mind the check preflop, btw.
  • edited July 2010
    fwiw i folded.  he didnt show.

few hands later he raised btn, i 3bet with KK and he calls.

flop A T 2 it goes check/check

turn 7 which brought a diamond FD i bet 1/2 pot he calls

river 7 i bet 1/4 pot and he insta AI just like here.  i call and he has just a busted FD whichs makes me think i was outplayhed in this hand :(
  • edited July 2010
    ^ that makes me think the opposite of your logic and he did have it first time around.