You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bit of help requested

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys,

As you know ive been playing alot of DYM's recently, today was fantastic with them, not perfect but i was dominating tables. Getting paid for every big hand and getting out of the losing ones cheaply. However i was also confident enough to go back to my normal speciality in Bounty Hunters but ive been struggling in them.

Usually i would just walk through them but ive bubbled 3 today, ok i took 4 heads to keep losses there to a minimum, im getting paid for big hands but im bleeding chip elsewhere, could anyone offer advice.

Thanks,

Don

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I dont have any advice Don as I dont play bounty hunters but I just want to say I'm glad your doing well and got your confidence back! I think it can affect you more than you think when you've had a few bad days...hopefully onwards and upwards! x
  • edited July 2010
    from hands you post, you limp call too much from the blinds, fold or raise pre.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Bit of help requested:
    I dont have any advice Don as I dont play bounty hunters but I just want to say I'm glad your doing well and got your confidence back! I think it can affect you more than you think when you've had a few bad days...hopefully onwards and upwards! x
    Posted by BananaDog
    Thanks Bananadog anyways, yea the confidence is rolling, i think having twitter theres helping to just talking about it to a keyboard has been helping. I remember how i played a hand better because ive wrote it down or when im typing about how im doing in a tournament and im remembering where ive gone right or wrong.
  • edited July 2010
    from hands you post, you limp call too much from the blinds, fold or raise pre.
    Posted by harvey23
    erm doesnt this cover basically everything.

Now pre i have 3 choices, call, fold or raise. As a result i believe youve just said every play i make pre is incorrect.
  • edited July 2010

Play cash !! :) No bubbling there
  • edited July 2010
    Play cash !! :) No bubbling there
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    erm yea that went well, see below in clinic
  • edited July 2010
    I have seen it, but at least u didnt bubble!

Play cash for a period of time and see how u get on, a month or something.
  • edited July 2010
    I have seen it, but at least u didnt bubble! Play cash for a period of time and see how u get on, a month or something.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yea need to get BR sorted, only have 2.5 BI's left so back to £1.15 DYM's. Struggling there too.

Good news is i can re-load on Tuesday (i think) that will allow me to have slightly better BR but string of bubbles and domination losses and odd bad call have lead to struggle.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Bit of help requested : erm doesnt this cover basically everything. Now pre i have 3 choices, call, fold or raise. As a result i believe youve just said every play i make pre is incorrect.
    Posted by The_Don90
    No, he's saying limping in with a call is wrong, instead -  raise or fold pre
  • edited July 2010
    Personally I would not bother with Bounty hunters as the main aim is to take people out, this is ok when their stacks don't threaten you but sometimes your're taking unnesasry risks just to get some stupid extra money. I would advise playing the 7.15 deepstacks or similar, this way the whole prize pool is distrubuted where it belongs in the top finishings spots. Obviously you need a better bankroll then 2.5 BI's but the wins if you get them are a lot more profitable when half of it isn't scattered everywhere.
  • edited July 2010
    Im not a fan of BH, best approach to bounty hunters is play as normal. that way you should still knock players out but your main aim is to cash and treat bh winnings as a bonus, as they are slightly more aggressive and you get loose calls maybe play tighter especially when all in. you want to be at least 70% fave  ideally when all in as your main aim is to win the pot and if someone else goes out then its a bonus
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks i usually rtry to dodge the head the the Bounty Hunters, treat them as a normal tournament. If i take a head brilliant but winning was always far more important to me.