You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's wrong with Swansea?

edited July 2010 in Poker Chat
Normally when there is an SPT event coming up, the seats are gone with a couple of weeks to spare. The Swansea leg is in 5 days and their are still 10 places up for grabs! I have noticed sky have recently been giving seats away as prizes in competitions, freerolls, and various 'extra invites' My question is, why does there appear to be a lack of enthusiasm for the Swansea leg? I know i cant go because its a bit of a pain getting to any of the SPT's from N Ireland, but what are other peoples excuses?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    its because your not going matey :P

personally i would have love to have gone, but busy but if i wermt my bankroll doesnt allow me to play even the minor buy ins for $5.50 what not ill wait till next year
  • edited July 2010
    for me the satelites are too much to enter.

id love to go to one of these but cant afford to keep trying to qualify.

also it is in wales!! (joke)

if sky have any left over i will gladly take a seat ;)
  • edited July 2010
    The Glasgow leg did not sell out either and had Direct BI's to it.

A few players I have spoken are unable to go because of holidays etc this could be true for a lot more I guess. Most that have qualified are really looking forward to Swansea and when in Luton most said they were not bothering with Glasgow because Swansea was the next one for them, all of these people have now qualified. TBH I don't think sky are worried about it - come Saturday it will be sold out!!
  • edited July 2010
    Id happily have a spare seat too. However the price of the satellites are just too much. My BR just cant cope, ive always struggled in satellite situations, i teand to bubble them and i feel the type of play is slightly lesser than that of the actual competition and i always feel more comfortable playing against better players.

Anyways i wish luck to everyone who has managed to qualify for Swansea.
  • edited July 2010
    It's the singing......stops you concentrating on the cards.

Max Boyce shouting Oggi Oggi Oggi in your earhole everytime you flop a set doesn't help!............
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with Swansea?:
    for me the satelites are too much to enter. id love to go to one of these but cant afford to keep trying to qualify. also it is in wales!! (joke) if sky have any left over i will gladly take a seat ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    the cheapest satellite was £1.65 (i think) so in most peoples br?
    it would take 4 games to qualify from there though...
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with Swansea? : the cheapest satellite was £1.65 (i think) so in most peoples br? it would take 4 games to qualify from there though...
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    i hardly seen any of them run
  • edited July 2010
    the problem is that the cheaper satalites (£5.20) didnt attract many runners and most of the ones i eneterd were cancelled because of no runners...

i thought to myself i will try once and luckily i qualified..
  • edited July 2010
    the problem is that the cheaper satalites (£5.20) didnt attract many runners and most of the ones i eneterd were cancelled because of no runners... i thought to myself i will try once and luckily i qualified..
    Posted by bigflop1
    well actually twice... 1st time i bubbled the seat but had £88 - 9 runners = 1 seat 2 = £88
  • edited July 2010
    Afraid the date change did for me and Sian, we were all set as we love SPT's but date change made it impossible.

We will be at SPT final at DTD playing or not!!

Dave
  • edited July 2010
    I woulda loved to play in a SPT but i mean WALES? cmon ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    its because the spt swansea event is a rebuy tourny!!! ( joking)
  • edited July 2010
    its because the spt swansea event is a rebuy tourny!!! ( joking)
    Posted by pod1
    PMSL ;o)
  • edited July 2010
    I'd love to make Swansea SPT aswell but havn't had the chance to try and qualify properly...

If I can win a few £5.50 DYMs today then I'll enter the Semi tonight...