You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hey Man, Do you know him?

edited July 2010 in The Shed
Have you all heard the story about the tourist that goes to America, and bumps into a yank, and the following conversation plays out :- 
American - hey man! we're ya all from?
Tourist - London
American - hey man! i know a guy from London.
Tourist - Oh?
American - Yeh man! his name his Tony Jones, do you know him?
Like yeh, out of 8 million people i'm going to just happen to know this guys mate, as if?
Well, you can now knock me down with a feather! I'm sitting at home last night watching the darts on TV with the wife. My daughter and her husband are in our local football club having a drink when she gets talking to a Yank and his wife. It turns out that his great - grandfather was from our town, and then emigrated to America, his grandfather was born here but his father and him are American. He always had an ambition to come and see where his ancestors were from, so they came here on holiday, and just happened to pop into the bar for a drink. Then he mentioned his great grandfather name, the same surname as my wifes maiden name, which is quite an uncommon name. My daughter rang my wife to tell her! It turns out that his great grandfather, and my wifes great grand father were brothers! She went down the bar to meet them and they are all off now to 'visit' his wider extended family, which could be many, (its like the film 'Deliverence' over here) lol. So next time an American says 'Hey man, do ya know him' you may well do!

Comments